General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54245
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:30 pm

Matt Cooke on waivers. End of the line I would imagine for this piece of Dung.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1886
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:52 pm

Flo The Action wrote:I don't see the leafs going after staal although that would be a total leafs move where they sacrifice the rebuild for a quick move. I don't see them doing that in this short term. Maybe a few years from now when they get false hopes under Babcock. But for the moment rite now they are committed to the rebuild.

I hope they keep Bernier. I don't want any team softening the market more than it is.

Staal will likely get moved if they don't come to terms with a new contract. They will not lose him for nothing. book it.

I remember the all-star game in Carolina where Kessel went last overall in the player draft. Staal was very anti-Toronto. He made quite a few snide remarks about it being the center of the universe. Even though he was probably a Leafs fan growing up, he may not want to play there.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10038
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:22 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:Matt Cooke on waivers. End of the line I would imagine for this piece of Dung.

Melnyk will insist that Murray picks him up so that he can personally end his career. Sarcasm
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by spader on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:14 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    spader wrote:So, I fully recognize that we're all tired of hearing how every available player is a lock to go to the Leafs, but I have a question.

Does anyone else think that E Staal to the Leafs might be a thing? He's older than the players they should be targeting, and the Leafs don't really have the right pieces for a trade. I get that. Still, I wonder if there might be an out-of-left-field trade there.

If so, I hope it destroys both franchises. The Leafs because they're the worst, and the Canes because I've hated them since the Gerber days.

Tons of stuff can happen. I seriously think the Pens and Canes might do something around Malkin and Staal but we'll see.

The Leafs are a Dung show and the empty suit running the show will only make it worse or, at best, not make it any better. Enjoy.

Furthermore, Bernier's wife tweeted some cryptic remarks that indicate he won't be back with the Leafs.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that it's related to the fact that the Leafs are taking him to club-elected arbitration. Messy end pending.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24760
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:18 pm

spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    spader wrote:So, I fully recognize that we're all tired of hearing how every available player is a lock to go to the Leafs, but I have a question.

Does anyone else think that E Staal to the Leafs might be a thing? He's older than the players they should be targeting, and the Leafs don't really have the right pieces for a trade. I get that. Still, I wonder if there might be an out-of-left-field trade there.

If so, I hope it destroys both franchises. The Leafs because they're the worst, and the Canes because I've hated them since the Gerber days.

Tons of stuff can happen. I seriously think the Pens and Canes might do something around Malkin and Staal but we'll see.

The Leafs are a Dung show and the empty suit running the show will only make it worse or, at best, not make it any better. Enjoy.

Furthermore, Bernier's wife tweeted some cryptic remarks that indicate he won't be back with the Leafs.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that it's related to the fact that the Leafs are taking him to club-elected arbitration. Messy end pending.

As Pierre LeBrun pointed out, the only team in the NHL to take a player to arbitration by the deadline.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:51 pm

F the Laffs. What a pile.

Are we back to Reimer as the saviour then? Isn't Gustafsson UFA this year? I heard Pogge was making a comeback...
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:38 am

Per Dreger on Cam Talbot:
    "Talbot trade watch continues. Expect he gets traded this week. Buf, Edmtn, SJ and Dallas in the mix. Great contract requires high return."

This might be the domino that falls before the Lehner trade.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:49 am

tim1_2 wrote:Per Dreger on Cam Talbot:
    "Talbot trade watch continues. Expect he gets traded this week. Buf, Edmtn, SJ and Dallas in the mix. Great contract requires high return."

This might be the domino that falls before the Lehner trade.

Let's hope these clowns hurry it up already so we can get to the only trades that matter. Those that involve Your. Ottawa. Senatores.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:29 am

The Oilers have asked permission from Ottawa to talk to P-Mac-Daddy.

Also, there's lots of travelling around this week for hockey execs (awards on Wednesday, draft starting Friday), so we might not see any significant volume of trades consummated until Friday.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:45 am

tim1_2 wrote:The Oilers have asked permission from Ottawa to talk to P-Mac-Daddy.

Also, there's lots of travelling around this week for hockey execs (awards on Wednesday, draft starting Friday), so we might not see any significant volume of trades consummated until Friday.

Nice add for Edmonton. As SpezD would say, "Mac" will get the most of the young guns that seem to be floundering there. "Mac"s influence will be reflected in these youngsters as they learn the 200-foot game that "Mac" is so skilled at instilling in those he coaches, particularly young youngsters.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47674
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:47 am

tim1_2 wrote:The Oilers have asked permission from Ottawa to talk to P-Mac-Daddy.

Yeah, just saw Friedman's tweet. What are they thinking about! Unless they are talking to him about which players on the Sens are worth taking in a trade.

Also, apparently Chiarelli fired the heads of amateur and pro scouting over the weekend. I guess throwing a dart would be as good as their recent draft/trades have been so why not.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1886
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:47 am

Per NHL source, CHI currently asking for 1st rd pick, A-level prospect & top 6 forward on entry-level contract for Patrick Sharp #isles
    B.D. Gallof (@BDGallof) June 19, 2015
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:48 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Nice add for Edmonton. As SpezD would say, "Mac" will get the most of the young guns that seem to be floundering there. "Mac"s influence will be reflected in these youngsters as they learn the 200-foot game that "Mac" is so skilled at instilling in those he coaches, particularly young youngsters.

Maybe he just can't communicate with "Young and Hungry" but will fit in great with "Young and Lazy".

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:48 am

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Per NHL source, CHI currently asking for 1st rd pick, A-level prospect & top 6 forward on entry-level contract for Patrick Sharp #isles

Didn't we already cover that?

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:05 am

wprager wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Per NHL source, CHI currently asking for 1st rd pick, A-level prospect & top 6 forward on entry-level contract for Patrick Sharp #isles

Didn't we already cover that?

No one believes for one second, including the Blackhawks, that they'll get that for Sharp. One of those things mentioned is a fair return, and that's what they'll get. Maybe a late first and a mid-range prospect or current roster player.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12926
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:25 am

wprager wrote:

Yeah, just saw Friedman's tweet. What are they thinking about! Unless they are talking to him about which players on the Sens are worth taking in a trade.

Also, apparently Chiarelli fired the heads of amateur and pro scouting over the weekend. I guess throwing a dart would be as good as their recent draft/trades have been so why not.

God damnit. I hate it when they do something that might help them. This is clearly going against the oilers way.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7422
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:34 am

Ask away, but it's not happening.

Laugh1

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:44 pm

Don't think any teams are lining up to help Chicago.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:36 am