General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47494
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:47 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:Ovechkin set his alarm clock to 8:30 PM instead of AM.  Was later to game day morning skate and was benched.  They lost 5-0.

This was news like 3 or 4 days ago.

Shut up and watch my post count!

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54103
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:49 pm

wprager wrote:Sylvain StLaurent reporting that Wideman could be in the lineup tomorrow.

Yes please. As much as I like Boro, we need some more puck movement.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:23 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:
    wprager wrote:Sylvain StLaurent reporting that Wideman could be in the lineup tomorrow.

Yes please.  As much as I like Boro, we need some more puck movement.

Against Nashville, yeah, I guess. But we also need movement without the puck.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:21 am

Just one "perfect" team left. San Jose is still undefeated but their last win was a SO against the Devils, so they are one ROW off the perfect pace. Of the other formerly undefeated teams, Detroit were blown away by the Hurricanes, Minnesota lost in OT to the Kings.

Sens game day -- who's up for making a GDT?

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24736
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:56 am

The Jackets were supposed to be a good team weren't they?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:02 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:The Jackets were supposed to be a good team weren't they?

They are "perfect" in a completely different way.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:09 am

Keenan gets the pinko slip after Metallurg loses 2 in a row. Tough league. Julien is the odds-on favorite to be the first NHL coach to be fired. Wonder if Iron Mike would be in the running.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:12 am

What on earth???

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:16 am

Now, the even more weird part, a year ago, *this* happened:

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:08 am

So McDavid now with 3 goals (could be 4 -- what a save that was!) and Eichel still stuck on 2 (also no assists). But they are still 6th and 16th in rookie scoring.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:22 am

Dallas is ahead of San Jose in the standings (same W/L record but one more ROW). Spezza is 3rd on the team in scoring and is a +2. Ales Hemsky is tied for the team lead at +3. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12730
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:19 pm

wprager wrote:Dallas is ahead of San Jose in the standings (same W/L record but one more ROW).  Spezza is 3rd on the team in scoring and is a +2.  Ales Hemsky is tied for the team lead at +3.  Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
    Yeah..l wait for that to drop off. But I mean, we all knew Jason would be better somewhere where he's not the centre of attention.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:47 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:Dallas is ahead of San Jose in the standings (same W/L record but one more ROW).  Spezza is 3rd on the team in scoring and is a +2.  Ales Hemsky is tied for the team lead at +3.  Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
    Yeah..l wait for that to drop off. But I mean, we all knew Jason would be better somewhere where he's not the centre of attention.

I know *some* people here were giggling with glee when he didn't do all that well (stats-wise) last season, and I said that it would take him some time to get acclimated/accustomed and he'd do better in his second year. So far, he has, and the team is doing alright. I still predicted them to miss the playoffs but I had a bunch of teams all close. If they get goaltending then they will make it.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12730
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:59 pm

wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

I know *some* people here were giggling with glee when he didn't do all that well (stats-wise) last season, and I said that it would take him some time to get acclimated/accustomed and he'd do better in his second year.  So far, he has, and the team is doing alright.  I still predicted them to miss the playoffs but I had a bunch of teams all close.  If they get goaltending then they will make it.
    Yeah they were tight for me as well to make the playoffs. That whole conferance is so competitive.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Too early.
    Anyone remember the 70's line from last year first couple of months?
    Yeah that's what I thought.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10035
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:48 pm

LeCaptain wrote:Too early.
    Anyone remember the 70's line from last year first couple of months?
    Yeah that's what I thought.

I sure do. I picked up Toffoli in one pool thinking that he's the best bet to pick that up again.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Duncan Keith out 4-6 weeks (knee).

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:55 am

Habs go 7-0 with a statement game against the Blues.  3-0 shutout for Price, stopping all 38 shots.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:59 am