PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54404
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Silly Season - who will go where?

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:41 am

Silly season...who will give out the worst contract tomorrow and to who?

and who goes where?

My vote for the worst is: Matt Belesky. Don't go near him as he's already laughed at a 4 X 4 offer from the Ducks.

http://www.generalfanager.com/freeagents

Mike Green
    Martin St. Louis
    Shawn Horcoff
    Sergei Gonchar
    Matt Belesky
    Paul Martin
    Lubomir Visnovsky
    Erik Cole
    Tomas Fleischmann
    Martin Erat
    Chris Stewart
    Andrej Meszaros
    Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau
    Daniel Briere
    Zbynek Michalek
    Christian Ehrhoff
    Drew Stafford
    Antoine Vermette
    Justin Williams
    Michael Ryder
    Scottie Upshall
    Bryan Allen
    Eric Brewer
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13112
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: Silly Season - who will go where?

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:36 pm

Out of that group I'm afraid the sens might throw some money at Stewart and parenteau. Both RW so hopefully we are safe. I could live with us throwing some money at vermette(if he knows he's coming in on the LW) and obviously Williams.
    On D ehrhoff would be good but that would involve us getting rid of some of our players in a separate deal.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:42 pm

I don't think the Sens will be throwing money anywhere other than a clear upgrade. Right now they still have too many bodies, still have too much tied up in 13th forwards and #8 D men.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:07 pm

I don't think the Sens will get anyone at all personally.

Wonder who will give Belesky his $$? Someone dumb...so...Deputy Dbag?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47936
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:12 pm

I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs. He's got an NHL-sized body. And he's a left-hand shot. Intriguing possibility. He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today). Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market. At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:16 pm

wprager wrote:I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs.  He's got an NHL-sized body.  And he's a left-hand shot.  Intriguing possibility.  He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today).  Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market.  At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
    2.Michalek
    3.Hoffman
    4.Puempel
    5.Prince
    dennycrane
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2121
    Registration date : 2008-08-17

Post by dennycrane on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:20 pm

Justin Williams gets way too much on a contract that is way too long. Guy has played so many playoff games that he is like a regular 36/37 year old.

SpezDispensed wrote:Silly season...who will give out the worst contract tomorrow and to who?

and who goes where?

My vote for the worst is: Matt Belesky.  Don't go near him as he's already laughed at a 4 X 4 offer from the Ducks.

http://www.generalfanager.com/freeagents

Mike Green
    Martin St. Louis
    Shawn Horcoff
    Sergei Gonchar
    Matt Belesky
    Paul Martin
    Lubomir Visnovsky
    Erik Cole
    Tomas Fleischmann
    Martin Erat
    Chris Stewart
    Andrej Meszaros
    Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau
    Daniel Briere
    Zbynek Michalek
    Christian Ehrhoff
    Drew Stafford
    Antoine Vermette
    Justin Williams
    Michael Ryder
    Scottie Upshall
    Bryan Allen
    Eric Brewer
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24764
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:20 pm

wprager wrote:I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs.  He's got an NHL-sized body.  And he's a left-hand shot.  Intriguing possibility.  He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today).  Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market.  At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.

Here's an idea: let the prospects play in the AHL and leave them there for awhile.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:21 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
    2.Michalek
    3.Hoffman
    4.Puempel
    5.Prince

Then why is everyone always complaining that we don't have any left-hand shots? Or is that just at center? I'm confused.

But in any case, 6'3" (they actually said "almost 6'4" last year) and 220 lbs. Of the other players you mentioned only Michalek comes close to that but his wheels aren't what they used to be.

And how about this quote:

"I liked that he was really hard on me, I like when coaches are hard on me," he said. "That's the best way to learn, I find."

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:23 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Here's an idea: let the prospects play in the AHL and leave them there for awhile.

Sure, but if they are ready physically and mentally then what's the problem? Lazar was still a teenager, Paul is 20. Still young but if he's not immature then he could be ready.

Everyone is different.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:24 pm

wprager wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
    2.Michalek
    3.Hoffman
    4.Puempel
    5.Prince

Then why is everyone always complaining that we don't have any left-hand shots?  Or is that just at center?  I'm confused.

But in any case, 6'3" (they actually said "almost 6'4" last year) and 220 lbs.  Of the other players you mentioned only Michalek comes close to that but his wheels aren't what they used to be.  

"I liked that he was really hard on me, I like when coaches are hard on me," he said. "That's the best way to learn, I find."

Left handed C. And Paul is one of the best faceoff guys in the OHL, so he might be able to take left handed draws when he's up in Ottawa.

I like the sound of Paul a lot, I think he has a legit chance to be a big part of Ottawa. And now you add in Lazar and White with Pageau as well and you have a filthy bottom 6 coming.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:25 pm

Anyhow, I'm not pushing for Paul to be in Ottawa come October, just saying, wow, I didn't realize he was already that big and there's actually a possibility he could contribute earlier than I thought possible.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:37 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
    2.Michalek
    3.Hoffman
    4.Puempel
    5.Prince

Then why is everyone always complaining that we don't have any left-hand shots?  Or is that just at center?  I'm confused.

But in any case, 6'3" (they actually said "almost 6'4" last year) and 220 lbs.  Of the other players you mentioned only Michalek comes close to that but his wheels aren't what they used to be.  

Left handed C.  And Paul is one of the best faceoff guys in the OHL, so he might be able to take left handed draws when he's up in Ottawa.

I like the sound of Paul a lot, I think he has a legit chance to be a big part of Ottawa.  And now you add in Lazar and White with Pageau as well and you have a filthy bottom 6 coming.

What happened to Zibanejad?!?! Laughing3

I thought this kind of talk would only start after the Dev Camp scrimmage.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:40 pm

More trades need to be made in Ottawa. I wonder if Chris Neil might be trade bait. Could see Calgary taking a run at him.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Michallica wrote:More trades need to be made in Ottawa. I wonder if Chris Neil might be trade bait. Could see Calgary taking a run at him.

I sure hope not. Sen for Life right there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:48 am