You are not connected. Please login or register

Silly Season - who will go where?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

1 Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Silly season...who will give out the worst contract tomorrow and to who?

and who goes where?

My vote for the worst is: Matt Belesky. Don't go near him as he's already laughed at a 4 X 4 offer from the Ducks.

http://www.generalfanager.com/freeagents

Mike Green
Martin St. Louis
Shawn Horcoff
Sergei Gonchar
Matt Belesky
Paul Martin
Lubomir Visnovsky
Erik Cole
Tomas Fleischmann
Martin Erat
Chris Stewart
Andrej Meszaros
Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau
Daniel Briere
Zbynek Michalek
Christian Ehrhoff
Drew Stafford
Antoine Vermette
Justin Williams
Michael Ryder
Scottie Upshall
Bryan Allen
Eric Brewer

2 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:36 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Out of that group I'm afraid the sens might throw some money at Stewart and parenteau. Both RW so hopefully we are safe. I could live with us throwing some money at vermette(if he knows he's coming in on the LW) and obviously Williams.
On D ehrhoff would be good but that would involve us getting rid of some of our players in a separate deal.

3 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:42 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
I don't think the Sens will be throwing money anywhere other than a clear upgrade. Right now they still have too many bodies, still have too much tied up in 13th forwards and #8 D men.

4 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I don't think the Sens will get anyone at all personally.

Wonder who will give Belesky his $$? Someone dumb...so...Deputy Dbag?

5 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs. He's got an NHL-sized body. And he's a left-hand shot. Intriguing possibility. He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today). Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market. At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

6 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs.  He's got an NHL-sized body.  And he's a left-hand shot.  Intriguing possibility.  He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today).  Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market.  At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
2.Michalek
3.Hoffman
4.Puempel
5.Prince

7 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:20 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
Justin Williams gets way too much on a contract that is way too long. Guy has played so many playoff games that he is like a regular 36/37 year old.

SpezDispensed wrote:Silly season...who will give out the worst contract tomorrow and to who?

and who goes where?

My vote for the worst is: Matt Belesky.  Don't go near him as he's already laughed at a 4 X 4 offer from the Ducks.

http://www.generalfanager.com/freeagents

Mike Green
Martin St. Louis
Shawn Horcoff
Sergei Gonchar
Matt Belesky
Paul Martin
Lubomir Visnovsky
Erik Cole
Tomas Fleischmann
Martin Erat
Chris Stewart
Andrej Meszaros
Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau
Daniel Briere
Zbynek Michalek
Christian Ehrhoff
Drew Stafford
Antoine Vermette
Justin Williams
Michael Ryder
Scottie Upshall
Bryan Allen
Eric Brewer

8 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs.  He's got an NHL-sized body.  And he's a left-hand shot.  Intriguing possibility.  He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today).  Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market.  At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.

Here's an idea: let the prospects play in the AHL and leave them there for awhile.

9 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs.  He's got an NHL-sized body.  And he's a left-hand shot.  Intriguing possibility.  He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today).  Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market.  At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
2.Michalek
3.Hoffman
4.Puempel
5.Prince

Then why is everyone always complaining that we don't have any left-hand shots? Or is that just at center? I'm confused.

But in any case, 6'3" (they actually said "almost 6'4" last year) and 220 lbs. Of the other players you mentioned only Michalek comes close to that but his wheels aren't what they used to be.

And how about this quote:

"I liked that he was really hard on me, I like when coaches are hard on me," he said. "That's the best way to learn, I find."


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

10 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs.  He's got an NHL-sized body.  And he's a left-hand shot.  Intriguing possibility.  He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today).  Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market.  At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.

Here's an idea: let the prospects play in the AHL and leave them there for awhile.

Sure, but if they are ready physically and mentally then what's the problem? Lazar was still a teenager, Paul is 20. Still young but if he's not immature then he could be ready.

Everyone is different.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

11 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs.  He's got an NHL-sized body.  And he's a left-hand shot.  Intriguing possibility.  He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today).  Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market.  At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
2.Michalek
3.Hoffman
4.Puempel
5.Prince

Then why is everyone always complaining that we don't have any left-hand shots?  Or is that just at center?  I'm confused.

But in any case, 6'3" (they actually said "almost 6'4" last year) and 220 lbs.  Of the other players you mentioned only Michalek comes close to that but his wheels aren't what they used to be.  

And how about this quote:

"I liked that he was really hard on me, I like when coaches are hard on me," he said. "That's the best way to learn, I find."

Left handed C. And Paul is one of the best faceoff guys in the OHL, so he might be able to take left handed draws when he's up in Ottawa.

I like the sound of Paul a lot, I think he has a legit chance to be a big part of Ottawa. And now you add in Lazar and White with Pageau as well and you have a filthy bottom 6 coming.

12 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Anyhow, I'm not pushing for Paul to be in Ottawa come October, just saying, wow, I didn't realize he was already that big and there's actually a possibility he could contribute earlier than I thought possible.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

13 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:I didn't realize that Nick Paul is 6'3" and 220 lbs.  He's got an NHL-sized body.  And he's a left-hand shot.  Intriguing possibility.  He's fully committed to trying to make the roster (heard that on TSN1200 today).  Given our lack of depth at left-wing he actually could have a chance, especially if we don't get anything via a trade or the free agent market.  At the very least he'll be in Bingo and be available for a callup.

Lack of depth on LW?

1.MacArthur
2.Michalek
3.Hoffman
4.Puempel
5.Prince

Then why is everyone always complaining that we don't have any left-hand shots?  Or is that just at center?  I'm confused.

But in any case, 6'3" (they actually said "almost 6'4" last year) and 220 lbs.  Of the other players you mentioned only Michalek comes close to that but his wheels aren't what they used to be.  

And how about this quote:

"I liked that he was really hard on me, I like when coaches are hard on me," he said. "That's the best way to learn, I find."

Left handed C.  And Paul is one of the best faceoff guys in the OHL, so he might be able to take left handed draws when he's up in Ottawa.

I like the sound of Paul a lot, I think he has a legit chance to be a big part of Ottawa.  And now you add in Lazar and White with Pageau as well and you have a filthy bottom 6 coming.

What happened to Zibanejad?!?! Laughing3

I thought this kind of talk would only start after the Dev Camp scrimmage.

14 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:40 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
More trades need to be made in Ottawa. I wonder if Chris Neil might be trade bait. Could see Calgary taking a run at him.

15 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:More trades need to be made in Ottawa. I wonder if Chris Neil might be trade bait. Could see Calgary taking a run at him.

I sure hope not. Sen for Life right there.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum