Silly Season - who will go where?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

181 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:I guess I knew what was coming, yeah.  Sarcasm

You nailed the St. Louis trade when everyone said it wasn't happening, SpezDREGSpensed

182 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:28 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:I guess we know what Mark Stone's next contract will be now. Gag

If he keeps going like he is, I'd have no problem giving Stone 8 yrs x $7M. He's a guy you sign to the longest possible deal, like EK.

183 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:54 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
wprager wrote:I'm sorry, I know how high on ROR everyone around here is, he is *so* not worth it.

No he isn't, neither is Saad. Took a few days but glad my predictions on both were correct.

People done crying about not trading for either guy now?

184 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:58 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran
I just wish comparables were leveraged more heavily by GMs. It seems as though every top 30 player in their respective position is out to break the record for AAV with their next contract.

Karlsson at $6.5M should be setting a ceiling for puck moving defensemen, but then you see PK go out and get $9M. It's ludicrous! Seller's market I guess...

185 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:59 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Different CBA.

186 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ward to SJ.  I think I saw 3.275 - not bad.

187 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:29 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:Ward to SJ.  I think I saw 3.275 - not bad.

Nice add for the Sharts.

188 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:39 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:U guys are forgetting Washington also has Justin Williams. To me the caps got two potential game breakers for Troy Brouwer. Makes sense for both teams and it makes Washington better IMO. Their division should be fun to watch.

I'm not even convinced Oshie is a better player than Brouwer in all honesty.  I don't get the move for Washington, they removed a cup ring and a better playoff player and player in general IMO for a guy who had an impressive shootout against Russia in the 2014 Olympics and hasn't done dck all since.

I don't get the love for Oshie at this point, people are massively overrating this trade.  

As for the Sens and Oshie, why?  Why would the Sens add a guy who brings nothing the Sens don't already have?  Makes no sense.

I dont disagree with you, I didn't see a fit either for Oshie on the sens. From a caps perspective , getting Justin Williams made Brouwer expendable and then to get another 50 point guy in tj Oshie is solid. It could also be a move influenced by the rest of the division (I.e. Saad to Columbus, kessel to pens etc) so in terms of keeping up with the rest of the group I think it's a pretty good move. Caps are the more complete team in that division, I can see them dethroning the Rangers

189 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:02 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Again, I just don't see the upgrade from Brouwer to Oshie... I mean if someone can throw something my way explaining the other side I would love to hear the argument because I haven't heard a good one yet.

190 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:04 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:Again, I just don't see the upgrade from Brouwer to Oshie... I mean if someone can throw something my way explaining the other side I would love to hear the argument because I haven't heard a good one yet.

He gets you 5 extra shootout points per year? lol

191 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Way better playmaker, not even close. More skill too. And one of the better shootout guys around

192 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:47 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
LeCaptain wrote:
NEELY wrote:Again, I just don't see the upgrade from Brouwer to Oshie... I mean if someone can throw something my way explaining the other side I would love to hear the argument because I haven't heard a good one yet.

He gets you 5 extra shootout points per year? lol

As silly as u think that is, can come quite handy with a competitive division and jockeying for playoff positioning.

And like spezz d said, he's a better playmaker than Brouwer. He's another threat defenseman will pay more attention to since he's more of a game breaker. Justin Williams made Brouwer expendable and that's why tj Oshie was acquired. Good trade for both clubs in the end.

193 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:43 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
SpezDispensed wrote:Way better playmaker, not even close.  More skill too.  And one of the better shootout guys around

Again, for a team trying to win in the playoffs and trying to get over a big hump, I question Oshie for Brouwer. I think St.Louis got the better end of the deal and believe Brouwer will have a bigger hand in what St.Louis wants to do vs what Washington is. I don't like the move for Washington because I don't see the point.

On Washington's end it was a move just to make a move.

194 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Way better playmaker, not even close.  More skill too.  And one of the better shootout guys around

Again, for a team trying to win in the playoffs and trying to get over a big hump, I question Oshie for Brouwer.  I think St.Louis got the better end of the deal and believe Brouwer will have a bigger hand in what St.Louis wants to do vs what Washington is.  I don't like the move for Washington because I don't see the point.

On Washington's end it was a move just to make a move.

Can't really argue for the most part. Plus he's a choker extraordinarire.

195 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:59 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
I used to really like Oshie back in his mid 20's, I wouldn't trade for him at this point though and I am glad the Sens didn't. I just don't understand the love Oshie gets from people, he's a nice player but he isn't a game changer nor is he a character guy at this point. The last thing the Caps needed was a small-ish play making forward.

I think the Caps are closer to a cup with Brouwer and Williams then Oshie and Williams.

196 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:52 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:I used to really like Oshie back in his mid 20's, I wouldn't trade for him at this point though and I am glad the Sens didn't.  I just don't understand the love Oshie gets from people, he's a nice player but he isn't a game changer nor is he a character guy at this point.  The last thing the Caps needed was a small-ish play making forward.

I think the Caps are closer to a cup with Brouwer and Williams then Oshie and Williams.
There's a lot of question marks in St-Louis in regards to why they are underperforming. Sure Oshie might have been part of that but there may be more. Maybe a change of scenery will do both some good.

197 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:05 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
I get why St.Louis did it, it's a good trade for them IMO. I don't understand why Washington did it.

198 Re: Silly Season - who will go where? on Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I don't like it for st Louis still. Oshie was getting beaten up but he's signed for only 2 more years at a very cheap 4 million. Brouwer is pending ufa so his value is much lower.

Like it for Washington they get another pain in the Donkey to play against and they don't commit long term and they give up a pending ufa and a 3rd.

Dunno. Don't see the point for st Louis at all unless they're trying to clear salary for when tarasenko gets his new contract. Or maybe they wanted a Cup winner on the roster.

No idea. Head scratcher.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum