» Ottawa Senators » Diamond in the Rough

Diamond in the Rough

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Diamond in the Rough Empty Diamond in the Rough on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:15 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
So, the Sens have been good at finding value in funny places. Alfie, Demitra, Stone, Hoffer, etc. Who do you think their current diamond in the rough will be?

I've heard Harpur come up in discussions, Jaros is popular at HF, Wikstrand and Lindberg are obvious candidates, Dzingel and McCormick have been gaining ground.

Who do you think will be the next Sen to prove his draft position wrong?

2Diamond in the Rough Empty Re: Diamond in the Rough on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:18 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:So, the Sens have been good at finding value in funny places. Alfie, Demitra, Stone, Hoffer, etc. Who do you think their current diamond in the rough will be?

I've heard Harpur come up in discussions, Jaros is popular at HF, Wikstrand and Lindberg are obvious candidates, Dzingel and McCormick have been gaining ground.

If anyone could be considered diamond in the rough and exceed its Wilkstrand.

3Diamond in the Rough Empty Re: Diamond in the Rough on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:19 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Definitely Wikstrand for where he was taken.

Also, Kelly Summers is one to watch for. Defenseman playing for Clarkson.

4Diamond in the Rough Empty Re: Diamond in the Rough on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:21 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:Definitely Wikstrand for where he was taken.

I know basically nothing about that draft class. Last year was weird. I don't think I've heard a word about any of the picks from last year, except that Englund is playing in Sweden this year.

5Diamond in the Rough Empty Re: Diamond in the Rough on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:29 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:So, the Sens have been good at finding value in funny places. Alfie, Demitra, Stone, Hoffer, etc. Who do you think their current diamond in the rough will be?

Brad Peltz.

6Diamond in the Rough Empty Re: Diamond in the Rough on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Brad Peltz.
is he even still playing hockey or just cashing in on snapple?

7Diamond in the Rough Empty Re: Diamond in the Rough on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:29 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They think Wikstrand could be a star, no question him.

I also like Summers, getting drafted out of central junior is basically a the definition of a diamond in the rough. CPC have a great program going on there.

I think Perron is a guy who could surprise, tons of skill.

8Diamond in the Rough Empty Re: Diamond in the Rough on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:09 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:

They think Wikstrand could be a star, no question him.

I also like Summers, getting drafted out of central junior is basically a the definition of a diamond in the rough. CPC have a great program going on there.

I think Perron is a guy who could surprise, tons of skill.

Judging by the Sens scout's ranking of Hogberg (5th overall) in THN Future Watch, that might be a diamond in the rough as well.

9Diamond in the Rough Empty Re: Diamond in the Rough on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lindberg, Jaros and dzingel.

10Diamond in the Rough Empty Re: Diamond in the Rough on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:48 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Jaros is a pretty good guess here too. Almost made Slovakia's WC team as a 19 year old. Over ager or not, that's a decent draft pick because you know he can compete with professional men.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum