VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #4 (2015)

Poll

Who is Ottawa's female parental unit diddling #4 prospect (under 25 NHL GP)?

[ 4 ]
    40% [40%] 
    [ 2 ]
    20% [20%] 
    [ 1 ]
    10% [10%] 
    [ 2 ]
    20% [20%] 
    [ 1 ]
    10% [10%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 10

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1955
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #4 (2015)

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:18 pm

spader wrote:
    Ev wrote:The likelihood of Prince becoming an impactful NHLer are less than that of Chabot and White. Based on historical probabilities.

I find that a bit silly. Stone has basically zero chance of being an impactful NHLer based on historical probabilities. The reality is that some players develop well and end up being better than their draft position.

Based on the logic of this thread many of you would have put Lazar before Stone. Does Lazar still project to be a better NHLer than Stone? 1st rd vs 6th rd pick. How did we vote last year?

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20867
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:23 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    spader wrote:
    Ev wrote:The likelihood of Prince becoming an impactful NHLer are less than that of Chabot and White. Based on historical probabilities.

I find that a bit silly. Stone has basically zero chance of being an impactful NHLer based on historical probabilities. The reality is that some players develop well and end up being better than their draft position.

Based on the logic of this thread many of you would have put Lazar before Stone. Does Lazar still project to be a better NHLer than Stone? 1st rd vs 6th rd pick. How did we vote last year?

I had Lazar over Stone last year. In terms of overall ability and impact I think I still might. None of this has anything to do with Prince because Stone was clearly ahead of where Prince is at now.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:28 pm

spader wrote:

Lazar is barely an NHLer at all, at this point.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16335
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:29 pm

Hogburglar. Because...burglar.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:37 pm

spader wrote:

I voted for Stone last year. I feel pretty good about that right now. FTR, I was just pointing out that Stone demonstrates a problem with looking at probability alone.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:37 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Hogburglar. Because...burglar.

The Hamburglar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13131
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:43 pm

spader wrote:

And the trophy goes to...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:26 am