VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Share

    Poll

    Who is Ottawa's female parental unit diddling #6 prospect (under 25 NHL GP)?

    [ 6 ]
    60% [60%] 
    [ 1 ]
    10% [10%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    30% [30%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

    Total Votes: 10

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13356
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:16 pm

    And again. How do you take Lindberg over prince is beyond me. Prince is likely a top 6 forward worst case top 9. Sure there could be a case made that he doesn't succeed. But the upside is there Andy he's more proven to succeed on the pro level than Lindberg.

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2032
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:17 pm

    Ev wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I actually went with Lindberg. He's proved more thus far in his CHL career than Chabot. Chabot may be better in the long-run but right now Lindberg has a higher probability of making it to the NHL and being a productive player.
    How so? The projections on chabot I've seen so far seem pretty safe to me. The upside also is pretty high. Besides, I would not rate Lindberg above Prince

    You're basing your opinions on rhetoric. I have read quite a few articles saying how the Sens drafted poorly by leaving a lot of better, higher end talent on the table. The same projections you speak of projects Chabot 'as a steady NHLer'. Everything I read rates him as an offensive defenceman with a good hockey IQ but isn't sound defensively, doesn't use his size, and has a poor shot. Yes, he still has time to develop his game and I get that, but right now I'd take Lindberg ahead of him based on his success at the Calder Cup (78 points +33 in 67 games in the reg season, 19 in 21 in the playoffs), and the fact that Lindberg will be playing top line minutes with Paul in Bingo. He's been given every opportunity to succeed by the organization because the organization has high hopes for him. If Chabot makes the Sens out of camp then I will change my opinion but as of right now I would rank Lindberg as the better prospect, for the time being anyway.

    Whatever article you're reading is crap. Most articles have priased the Sens choices. But again what writers say two days after a draft is pointless. The Sens have a proven track record at the draft. Who cares what other (non-qualified) people think?

    there is no way the organization would take Lindberg over Chabot. That's all that really matters. Chabot isn't making the team out of camp. That is irrelevant to this discussion.

    Before this season Lindberg was a nobody.For each of these polls tell me who you would draft if all these guys were in a draft today.

    Fact is Lindberg is ahead of Chabot in terms of development which is why I voted for him. End of story.

    But you said it best, Ev: Who cares what other (non-qualified) people think? Just because I disagree with your opinion doesn't mean I'm wrong. You're just as unqualified as I am which makes your opinion just as meaningless as mine.

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2032
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:20 pm

    Ceci also had much better numbers in his draft year and on most teams wouldn't be a top four right. I am just saying wait until Chabot proves he's a top 20 pick before you jump all over him.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21017
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by Ev on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:22 pm

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I actually went with Lindberg. He's proved more thus far in his CHL career than Chabot. Chabot may be better in the long-run but right now Lindberg has a higher probability of making it to the NHL and being a productive player.
    How so? The projections on chabot I've seen so far seem pretty safe to me. The upside also is pretty high. Besides, I would not rate Lindberg above Prince

    You're basing your opinions on rhetoric. I have read quite a few articles saying how the Sens drafted poorly by leaving a lot of better, higher end talent on the table. The same projections you speak of projects Chabot 'as a steady NHLer'. Everything I read rates him as an offensive defenceman with a good hockey IQ but isn't sound defensively, doesn't use his size, and has a poor shot. Yes, he still has time to develop his game and I get that, but right now I'd take Lindberg ahead of him based on his success at the Calder Cup (78 points +33 in 67 games in the reg season, 19 in 21 in the playoffs), and the fact that Lindberg will be playing top line minutes with Paul in Bingo. He's been given every opportunity to succeed by the organization because the organization has high hopes for him. If Chabot makes the Sens out of camp then I will change my opinion but as of right now I would rank Lindberg as the better prospect, for the time being anyway.

    Whatever article you're reading is crap. Most articles have priased the Sens choices. But again what writers say two days after a draft is pointless. The Sens have a proven track record at the draft. Who cares what other (non-qualified) people think?

    there is no way the organization would take Lindberg over Chabot. That's all that really matters. Chabot isn't making the team out of camp. That is irrelevant to this discussion.

    Before this season Lindberg was a nobody.For each of these polls tell me who you would draft if all these guys were in a draft today.

    Fact is Lindberg is ahead of Chabot in terms of development which is why I voted for him. End of story.

    But you said it best, Ev: Who cares what other (non-qualified) people think? Just because I disagree with your opinion doesn't mean I'm wrong. You're just as unqualified as I am which makes your opinion just as meaningless as mine.

    That should not be a reason to vote for a guy. Upside is the key here, not readiness. Pretty much every non-2015 draft pick is ahead of Chabot in terms of development. Robinson, Claesson, Englund, you name it.

    In fact, Tobias Lindberg is more developed than Jack Eichel and Connor McDavid.

    I am just deferring to the people who matter. They chose Thomas Chabot 18th overall for a reason.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21017
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by Ev on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:26 pm

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ceci also had much better numbers in his draft year and on most teams wouldn't be a top four right. I am just saying wait until Chabot proves he's a top 20 pick before you jump all over him.

    So the fact that Ceci isn't a Top 4, at age 21, on most teams means what? What does that have to do with Chabot?

    Basically anyone who had Ceci as a top Sens prospect after being drafted is correct right now so I don't see your point.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21017
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by Ev on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:30 pm

    Defence, I'm not trying to give you a hard time and I appreciate your opinion. Cheers for the debate.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16498
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:02 pm

    Ev wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Lindberg, for obvious burglar reasons.

    i thought you took Hogberg last round?

    No one jumped on the Hogburglar train, so now we're trying for Lindburglar.

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2032
    Age : 88
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:04 pm

    Agreed. And I am not taking it as a hard time. I guess I just don't believe in someone being a top prospect based solely on their draft position. It is undeniable that Chabot has a ton of upside - I am just not ready to jump on board until I see it with my own eyes.
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:19 pm

    Chabot for me based on upside.  Forwards are plentiful, pretty sure chabot is our number one defensive prospect now.  

    Lindberg, Prince, they both seem like 3rd liners to me.  But before everyone thinks that's a slight on them, the NHL clearly runs on a top 9 now instead of a top 6.  Still good upside.

    Edit: I see wikstrand has been voted number 1 defensive prospect. Meh. I never voted for him so for me chabota bread is numero uno.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13356
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:36 pm

    Michallica wrote:Chabot for me based on upside.  Forwards are plentiful, pretty sure chabot is our number one defensive prospect now.  

    Lindberg, Prince, they both seem like 3rd liners to me.  But before everyone thinks that's a slight on them, the NHL clearly runs on a top 9 now instead of a top 6.  Still good upside.

    Edit: I see wikstrand has been voted number 1 defensive prospect.  Meh. I never voted for him so for me chabota bread is numero uno.

    Ya I agree with this also. I had him ranked above white also. My rankings are very different than the ones we have here.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48304
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by wprager on Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:34 pm

    How is Lindberg more developed than Eichel and McDavid?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54631
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:57 pm

    You're voting for potential here more than anything
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48304
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by wprager on Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:28 am

    Oh, I know, but the statement was that Lindberg is more developed than the other two. I buy that *if* he is more developed it still wouldn't propel him above those, but I'm wondering where Lidberg is more developed. He's only spent on e season in the OHL, right? Not that I discount the Swedish junior league(s) but it's not the same. Same as I don't equate NCAA with the AHL even if they "play with men".


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21017
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by Ev on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:09 am

    wprager wrote:Oh, I know, but the statement was that Lindberg is more developed than the other two.  I buy that *if* he is more developed it still wouldn't propel him above those, but I'm wondering where Lidberg is more developed.  He's only spent on e season in the OHL, right?  Not that I discount the Swedish junior league(s) but it's not the same.  Same as I don't equate NCAA with the AHL even if they "play with men".

    you get my point. he's older and more experienced is all I meant. Defence's point was that since he is more developed than Chabot that makes him a better prospect today. That's not true.

    Sponsored content

    Re: VOTE - Ottawa Senators Top Prospects: #6 (2015)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:49 pm