Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Share

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16501
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:51 am

    Yeah, I have no idea what The Alfie will do, other then lead us to the promise land.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48305
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:11 am

    Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:Alfie returns and all we get is a few self-serving back-slapping posts and an "Awesome news" from SpezD?  Geez, I go away for a couple weeks and this place dries up.

    A bit surprised this that he didn't take a year or two off to spend with his family like he said he would.  Can't trust what this guys says, anymore (still bitter? probably yes).

    It would be interesting to see what he ends up doing, both in the immediate term and longer.  Murray is stepping down (or up?) after this season and we have two AGMs in place already.  I don't think Alfie will be GM over one of those two after a year of doing whatever he is going to be doing.  And I don't really see him waiting his turn as Dorion serves as a GM (who knows, he could be successful and then what?)  So maybe they do what the Habs did with the 'C' and continue with two AGMs?  Or Alfie could just do a Shanahan and by-pass the GM position altogether.  Spend a couple years doing player-development or head up European scouting or some such, then move up to chief of hockey operations.  

    he did that last year

    He was asked during the playoff run since he was spending so much time in the booth with Murray.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48305
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:15 am

    tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I have no idea what The Alfie will do, other then lead us to the promise land.

    I still think that, before he can lead, he needs to get past his "Probably not" comment. He should not have said it, period. Don't give me this crap about Swedish people being blunt. You can be as blunt as you want behind closed doors but when a microphone is stuck in your face and you are expected to be a leader you simply cannot say that.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by spader on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:23 am

    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I have no idea what The Alfie will do, other then lead us to the promise land.

    I still think that, before he can lead, he needs to get past his "Probably not" comment.  He should not have said it, period.  Don't give me this crap about Swedish people being blunt.  You can be as blunt as you want behind closed doors but when a microphone is stuck in your face and you are expected to be a leader you simply cannot say that.

    It's time, Prags:

    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48305
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:38 pm

    Never!


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16501
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:04 pm

    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I have no idea what The Alfie will do, other then lead us to the promise land.

    I still think that, before he can lead, he needs to get past his "Probably not" comment.  He should not have said it, period.  Don't give me this crap about Swedish people being blunt.  You can be as blunt as you want behind closed doors but when a microphone is stuck in your face and you are expected to be a leader you simply cannot say that.

    BeatingaDeadHorse
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16501
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:19 pm

    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:58 pm


    I usually add an "h" as in "HYUSS!!!" but I like your take.

    As for the link, does it get much better? "Probably not."
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21017
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:35 pm

    Wow our history is pretty pathetic. Right now the third highest poll result is the game where Hoffman scored the tying goal...in the regular season. Wow.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:03 am

    Ev wrote:Wow our history is pretty pathetic. Right now the third highest poll result is the game where Hoffman scored the tying goal...in the regular season. Wow.

    People have short memories.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16501
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:37 am

    Ev wrote:Wow our history is pretty pathetic. Right now the third highest poll result is the game where Hoffman scored the tying goal...in the regular season. Wow.

    Meh...that game was pretty dope though. Like SSF said, short memories. I still get anxiety and chills watching the highlights from that game. It was outstanding.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21017
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:06 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:Wow our history is pretty pathetic. Right now the third highest poll result is the game where Hoffman scored the tying goal...in the regular season. Wow.

    Meh...that game was pretty dope though. Like SSF said, short memories. I still get anxiety and chills watching the highlights from that game. It was outstanding.

    true. just not sure it will be remembered in five years.

    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16501
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:59 am

    Ev wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:Wow our history is pretty pathetic. Right now the third highest poll result is the game where Hoffman scored the tying goal...in the regular season. Wow.

    Meh...that game was pretty dope though. Like SSF said, short memories. I still get anxiety and chills watching the highlights from that game. It was outstanding.

    true. just not sure it will be remembered in five years.


    I think it will. It was the peak of the monumental, historic run.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21017
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:07 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:Wow our history is pretty pathetic. Right now the third highest poll result is the game where Hoffman scored the tying goal...in the regular season. Wow.

    Meh...that game was pretty dope though. Like SSF said, short memories. I still get anxiety and chills watching the highlights from that game. It was outstanding.

    true. just not sure it will be remembered in five years.


    I think it will. It was the peak of the monumental, historic run.

    we would have made it if we lost.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16501
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:20 am

    Ev wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:Wow our history is pretty pathetic. Right now the third highest poll result is the game where Hoffman scored the tying goal...in the regular season. Wow.

    Meh...that game was pretty dope though. Like SSF said, short memories. I still get anxiety and chills watching the highlights from that game. It was outstanding.

    true. just not sure it will be remembered in five years.


    I think it will. It was the peak of the monumental, historic run.

    we would have made it if we lost.

    Doesn't matter. It was the cherry on a delicious Hamburglar sundae.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48305
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:01 am

    Ev wrote:Wow our history is pretty pathetic. Right now the third highest poll result is the game where Hoffman scored the tying goal...in the regular season. Wow.

    I was at that game and it was pretty special. They lose that game and they are pretty close to done.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21017
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:58 pm

    The Senators’ 2015 rookie tournament roster:

    Goaltenders: Chris Driedger (Evansville - ECHL, Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Matt O’Connor (Boston University – H-East).

    Defencemen: Chris Carlisle (Oshawa - OHL), Thomas Chabot (Saint John - QMJHL), Marcus Crawford (Saginaw - OHL), Ben Harpur (Guelph - OHL, Barrie - OHL), Chris Rumble (Canisius College - AHA, Evansville - ECHL), Troy Rutkowski (Evansville - ECHL, Binghamton - AHL), Mikael Wikstrand (Frölunda - SHL).

    Forwards: Filip Chlapik (Charlottetown - QMJHL), Vincent Dunn (Rimouski - QMJHL), Ryan Dzingel (Binghamton - AHL), Travis Ewanyk (Oklahoma City - AHL), Gabriel Gagne (Victoriaville - QMJHL), Alex Guptill (Binghamton - AHL), Tobias Lindberg (Oshawa - OHL), Max McCormick (Binghamton - AHL), Nick Paul (North Bay - OHL), Ryan Penny (Rouyn-Noranda - QMJHL), Francis Perron (Rouyn-Noranda - QMJHL), Matt Puempel (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Buddy Robinson (Binghamton - AHL), Alex Wideman (Miami University/Ohio - NCHC, Binghamton - AHL), Matthew Zay (Mercyhurst College - AHA, Springfield - AHL, Binghamton - AHL).
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16501
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:09 pm

    Nice to see Wikstrand on the list.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:18 am