You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, I have no idea what The Alfie will do, other then lead us to the promise land.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Alfie returns and all we get is a few self-serving back-slapping posts and an "Awesome news" from SpezD?  Geez, I go away for a couple weeks and this place dries up.

A bit surprised this that he didn't take a year or two off to spend with his family like he said he would.  Can't trust what this guys says, anymore (still bitter? probably yes).

It would be interesting to see what he ends up doing, both in the immediate term and longer.  Murray is stepping down (or up?) after this season and we have two AGMs in place already.  I don't think Alfie will be GM over one of those two after a year of doing whatever he is going to be doing.  And I don't really see him waiting his turn as Dorion serves as a GM (who knows, he could be successful and then what?)  So maybe they do what the Habs did with the 'C' and continue with two AGMs?  Or Alfie could just do a Shanahan and by-pass the GM position altogether.  Spend a couple years doing player-development or head up European scouting or some such, then move up to chief of hockey operations.  

he did that last year

He was asked during the playoff run since he was spending so much time in the booth with Murray.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I have no idea what The Alfie will do, other then lead us to the promise land.

I still think that, before he can lead, he needs to get past his "Probably not" comment. He should not have said it, period. Don't give me this crap about Swedish people being blunt. You can be as blunt as you want behind closed doors but when a microphone is stuck in your face and you are expected to be a leader you simply cannot say that.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I have no idea what The Alfie will do, other then lead us to the promise land.

I still think that, before he can lead, he needs to get past his "Probably not" comment.  He should not have said it, period.  Don't give me this crap about Swedish people being blunt.  You can be as blunt as you want behind closed doors but when a microphone is stuck in your face and you are expected to be a leader you simply cannot say that.

It's time, Prags:

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Never!

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:

I still think that, before he can lead, he needs to get past his "Probably not" comment.  He should not have said it, period.  Don't give me this crap about Swedish people being blunt.  You can be as blunt as you want behind closed doors but when a microphone is stuck in your face and you are expected to be a leader you simply cannot say that.

BeatingaDeadHorse

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yusssssssssssssssssss

http://senschirp.ca/news/the-ten-best-games-in-the-history-of-the-ottawa-senators/

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Yusssssssssssssssssss

http://senschirp.ca/news/the-ten-best-games-in-the-history-of-the-ottawa-senators/

I usually add an "h" as in "HYUSS!!!" but I like your take.

As for the link, does it get much better? "Probably not."

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Wow our history is pretty pathetic. Right now the third highest poll result is the game where Hoffman scored the tying goal...in the regular season. Wow.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Wow our history is pretty pathetic. Right now the third highest poll result is the game where Hoffman scored the tying goal...in the regular season. Wow.

People have short memories.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Wow our history is pretty pathetic. Right now the third highest poll result is the game where Hoffman scored the tying goal...in the regular season. Wow.

Meh...that game was pretty dope though. Like SSF said, short memories. I still get anxiety and chills watching the highlights from that game. It was outstanding.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:

Meh...that game was pretty dope though. Like SSF said, short memories. I still get anxiety and chills watching the highlights from that game. It was outstanding.

true. just not sure it will be remembered in five years.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I think it will. It was the peak of the monumental, historic run.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

we would have made it if we lost.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

we would have made it if we lost.

Doesn't matter. It was the cherry on a delicious Hamburglar sundae.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I was at that game and it was pretty special. They lose that game and they are pretty close to done.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The Senators’ 2015 rookie tournament roster:

Goaltenders: Chris Driedger (Evansville - ECHL, Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Matt O’Connor (Boston University – H-East).

Defencemen: Chris Carlisle (Oshawa - OHL), Thomas Chabot (Saint John - QMJHL), Marcus Crawford (Saginaw - OHL), Ben Harpur (Guelph - OHL, Barrie - OHL), Chris Rumble (Canisius College - AHA, Evansville - ECHL), Troy Rutkowski (Evansville - ECHL, Binghamton - AHL), Mikael Wikstrand (Frölunda - SHL).

Forwards: Filip Chlapik (Charlottetown - QMJHL), Vincent Dunn (Rimouski - QMJHL), Ryan Dzingel (Binghamton - AHL), Travis Ewanyk (Oklahoma City - AHL), Gabriel Gagne (Victoriaville - QMJHL), Alex Guptill (Binghamton - AHL), Tobias Lindberg (Oshawa - OHL), Max McCormick (Binghamton - AHL), Nick Paul (North Bay - OHL), Ryan Penny (Rouyn-Noranda - QMJHL), Francis Perron (Rouyn-Noranda - QMJHL), Matt Puempel (Binghamton - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Buddy Robinson (Binghamton - AHL), Alex Wideman (Miami University/Ohio - NCHC, Binghamton - AHL), Matthew Zay (Mercyhurst College - AHA, Springfield - AHL, Binghamton - AHL).

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Nice to see Wikstrand on the list.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum