You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Residence moving-in day, today. Which means I'll be driving down to Montreal (and back) and will be offline most of the day -- this usually means a trade or some similar activity. You're welcome.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Residence moving-in day, today.  Which means I'll be driving down to Montreal (and back) and will be offline most of the day -- this usually means a trade or some similar activity.  You're welcome.
This being so close to rookie tourney then training camp usually means sweet Diddle all. BM has been trying to swing a trade and since that hasn't happened yet I don't see much of any trades happening till pre-season when team have evaluated what they've got.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Residence moving-in day, today.  Which means I'll be driving down to Montreal (and back) and will be offline most of the day -- this usually means a trade or some similar activity.  You're welcome.
Make sure to leave him some beer money. This is Montreal after all.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:

He's officially 19 now, legal in all provinces. But other than last NYE when we gave him some champagne I don't think he's ever had a drink (well, my dad may have snuck him a sip of something or other when we weren't looking). Plus he's beyond frugal and wouldn't dream of spending money on something that he doesn't require to sustain life (and not old enough to know/think that alcohol fits that description).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Don't know if this was posted:
http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/22/daniel-alfredsson-will-have-his-work-cut-out-for-him-in-off-ice-role-garrioch

EDIT: Reading it now, actually a very good article.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

He's officially 19 now, legal in all provinces.  But other than last NYE when we gave him some champagne I don't think he's ever had a drink (well, my dad may have snuck him a sip of something or other when we weren't looking).  Plus he's beyond frugal and wouldn't dream of spending money on something that he doesn't require to sustain life (and not old enough to know/think that alcohol fits that description).
this is Shenzhen Montreal comes in. Half naked French girls beer bonging him the night before the exams. It's going to be grand!

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Don't know if this was posted:
http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/22/daniel-alfredsson-will-have-his-work-cut-out-for-him-in-off-ice-role-garrioch

Interesting piece but it just reiterates every possibility.
I think they will put Alfie in a player development position going forward. And frankly that's the best we could hope for. Try and get him to impart his work ethic on young players. Remind Erik karlsson that leaving the org was the worst thing he could of done. And from there they can work him into how decision are made at the top.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:

I think they will put Alfie in a player development position going forward. And frankly that's the best we could hope for. Try and get him to impart his work ethic on young players. Remind Erik karlsson that leaving the org was the worst thing he could of done. And from there they can work him into how decision are made at the top.

Does he really feel that way?

spader

All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Me! Me! Me! I'll get this one.

"Probably not."

Did I do it right? Walrus

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

"Probably not."

I think he does. What did he gain by leaving? Not much honestly. Plus he's back. Which probably means it's here that he ultimately should of stayed.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

"Probably not."

I think he does. What did he gain by leaving? Not much honestly. Plus he's back. Which probably means it's here that he ultimately should of stayed.

I was really just responding to what looked like a prompt from SSF. Laugh1

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
My friend in Madagascar (where I'm from) just took this picture in a village:

#represent

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

"Probably not."

Nice work. I usually add that in myself. Unlike you, I am not in game shape.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
LeCaptain wrote:My friend in Madagascar (where I'm from) just took this picture in a village:

#represent

Clapping

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:My friend in Madagascar (where I'm from) just took this picture in a village:

#represent

Clapping
Good to see no one is growing out their old send gear and it's not hitting the free market in Africa. :/

Maybe Eugene sends all the unsold stuff there as a gift. Way to grow an untapped fan base. #marketinggenius

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/31/senators-bobby-ryan-a-happy-camper

Seriously, I was ravenously reading this. Essentially a fluff piece but involves Sens players. I'm a bit concerned, though. He did his training with instructors who are used to getting people ready for high-altitude mountaineering, not hockey (although Schwartz left them some notes); he has to drive an hour to get to a rink to skate with some AHLers and this summer the ice was ripped out after just two weeks. So while he says they worked on his core and his explosiveness and that Schwartz was happy, I'm not convinced. Proof is in the pudding. Here's hoping.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/31/senators-bobby-ryan-a-happy-camper

Seriously, I was ravenously reading this.  Essentially a fluff piece but involves Sens players.  I'm a bit concerned, though.  He did his training with instructors who are used to getting people ready for high-altitude mountaineering, not hockey (although Schwartz left them some notes); he has to drive an hour to get to a rink to skate with some AHLers and this summer the ice was ripped out after just two weeks.  So while he says they worked on his core and his explosiveness and that Schwartz was happy, I'm not convinced.  Proof is in the pudding.  Here's hoping.

Mountaineering at a high altitute (or training for that) would be a great way to train for hockey since it involves your entire lower body and core.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/31/senators-bobby-ryan-a-happy-camper

Seriously, I was ravenously reading this.  Essentially a fluff piece but involves Sens players.  I'm a bit concerned, though.  He did his training with instructors who are used to getting people ready for high-altitude mountaineering, not hockey (although Schwartz left them some notes); he has to drive an hour to get to a rink to skate with some AHLers and this summer the ice was ripped out after just two weeks.  So while he says they worked on his core and his explosiveness and that Schwartz was happy, I'm not convinced.  Proof is in the pudding.  Here's hoping.

Mountaineering at a high altitute (or training for that) would be a great way to train for hockey since it involves your entire lower body and core.

In the article Ryan specifically states how it's not useful for hockey. But what does he know other than how to collect a $7M+ paycheck?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum