Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47960
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by wprager on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:54 am

Residence moving-in day, today. Which means I'll be driving down to Montreal (and back) and will be offline most of the day -- this usually means a trade or some similar activity. You're welcome.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13128
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:05 am

wprager wrote:Residence moving-in day, today.  Which means I'll be driving down to Montreal (and back) and will be offline most of the day -- this usually means a trade or some similar activity.  You're welcome.
    This being so close to rookie tourney then training camp usually means sweet Diddle all. BM has been trying to swing a trade and since that hasn't happened yet I don't see much of any trades happening till pre-season when team have evaluated what they've got.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:09 am

wprager wrote:Residence moving-in day, today.  Which means I'll be driving down to Montreal (and back) and will be offline most of the day -- this usually means a trade or some similar activity.  You're welcome.
    Make sure to leave him some beer money. This is Montreal after all.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:48 am

Flo The Action wrote:

He's officially 19 now, legal in all provinces. But other than last NYE when we gave him some champagne I don't think he's ever had a drink (well, my dad may have snuck him a sip of something or other when we weren't looking). Plus he's beyond frugal and wouldn't dream of spending money on something that he doesn't require to sustain life (and not old enough to know/think that alcohol fits that description).

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:05 pm

Don't know if this was posted:
    http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/22/daniel-alfredsson-will-have-his-work-cut-out-for-him-in-off-ice-role-garrioch

EDIT: Reading it now, actually a very good article.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:19 pm

wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

He's officially 19 now, legal in all provinces.  But other than last NYE when we gave him some champagne I don't think he's ever had a drink (well, my dad may have snuck him a sip of something or other when we weren't looking).  Plus he's beyond frugal and wouldn't dream of spending money on something that he doesn't require to sustain life (and not old enough to know/think that alcohol fits that description).
    this is Shenzhen Montreal comes in. Half naked French girls beer bonging him the night before the exams. It's going to be grand!
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:32 pm

wprager wrote:Don't know if this was posted:
    http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/22/daniel-alfredsson-will-have-his-work-cut-out-for-him-in-off-ice-role-garrioch

Interesting piece but it just reiterates every possibility.
    I think they will put Alfie in a player development position going forward. And frankly that's the best we could hope for. Try and get him to impart his work ethic on young players. Remind Erik karlsson that leaving the org was the worst thing he could of done. And from there they can work him into how decision are made at the top.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Flo The Action wrote:

I think they will put Alfie in a player development position going forward. And frankly that's the best we could hope for. Try and get him to impart his work ethic on young players. Remind Erik karlsson that leaving the org was the worst thing he could of done. And from there they can work him into how decision are made at the top.

Does he really feel that way?
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:08 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Me! Me! Me! I'll get this one.

"Probably not."

Did I do it right? Walrus
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:55 pm

spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

"Probably not."

I think he does. What did he gain by leaving? Not much honestly. Plus he's back. Which probably means it's here that he ultimately should of stayed.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

"Probably not."

I think he does. What did he gain by leaving? Not much honestly. Plus he's back. Which probably means it's here that he ultimately should of stayed.

I was really just responding to what looked like a prompt from SSF. Laugh1
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:07 pm

My friend in Madagascar (where I'm from) just took this picture in a village:

#represent

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm

spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

"Probably not."

Nice work. I usually add that in myself. Unlike you, I am not in game shape.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:39 pm

LeCaptain wrote:My friend in Madagascar (where I'm from) just took this picture in a village:

#represent

Clapping
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:46 pm

spader wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:My friend in Madagascar (where I'm from) just took this picture in a village:

#represent

Clapping
    Good to see no one is growing out their old send gear and it's not hitting the free market in Africa. :/

Maybe Eugene sends all the unsold stuff there as a gift. Way to grow an untapped fan base. #marketinggenius
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:03 am

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/31/senators-bobby-ryan-a-happy-camper

Seriously, I was ravenously reading this. Essentially a fluff piece but involves Sens players. I'm a bit concerned, though. He did his training with instructors who are used to getting people ready for high-altitude mountaineering, not hockey (although Schwartz left them some notes); he has to drive an hour to get to a rink to skate with some AHLers and this summer the ice was ripped out after just two weeks. So while he says they worked on his core and his explosiveness and that Schwartz was happy, I'm not convinced. Proof is in the pudding. Here's hoping.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20866
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:50 am

wprager wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/31/senators-bobby-ryan-a-happy-camper

Seriously, I was ravenously reading this.  Essentially a fluff piece but involves Sens players.  I'm a bit concerned, though.  He did his training with instructors who are used to getting people ready for high-altitude mountaineering, not hockey (although Schwartz left them some notes); he has to drive an hour to get to a rink to skate with some AHLers and this summer the ice was ripped out after just two weeks.  So while he says they worked on his core and his explosiveness and that Schwartz was happy, I'm not convinced.  Proof is in the pudding.  Here's hoping.

Mountaineering at a high altitute (or training for that) would be a great way to train for hockey since it involves your entire lower body and core.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:45 am

Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/31/senators-bobby-ryan-a-happy-camper

Seriously, I was ravenously reading this.  Essentially a fluff piece but involves Sens players.  I'm a bit concerned, though.  He did his training with instructors who are used to getting people ready for high-altitude mountaineering, not hockey (although Schwartz left them some notes); he has to drive an hour to get to a rink to skate with some AHLers and this summer the ice was ripped out after just two weeks.  So while he says they worked on his core and his explosiveness and that Schwartz was happy, I'm not convinced.  Proof is in the pudding.  Here's hoping.

Mountaineering at a high altitute (or training for that) would be a great way to train for hockey since it involves your entire lower body and core.

In the article Ryan specifically states how it's not useful for hockey. But what does he know other than how to collect a $7M+ paycheck?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:16 am