Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Share

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:54 am

    Residence moving-in day, today. Which means I'll be driving down to Montreal (and back) and will be offline most of the day -- this usually means a trade or some similar activity. You're welcome.

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:05 am

    wprager wrote:Residence moving-in day, today.  Which means I'll be driving down to Montreal (and back) and will be offline most of the day -- this usually means a trade or some similar activity.  You're welcome.
    This being so close to rookie tourney then training camp usually means sweet Diddle all. BM has been trying to swing a trade and since that hasn't happened yet I don't see much of any trades happening till pre-season when team have evaluated what they've got.

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:09 am

    wprager wrote:Residence moving-in day, today.  Which means I'll be driving down to Montreal (and back) and will be offline most of the day -- this usually means a trade or some similar activity.  You're welcome.
    Make sure to leave him some beer money. This is Montreal after all.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:48 am

    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:Residence moving-in day, today.  Which means I'll be driving down to Montreal (and back) and will be offline most of the day -- this usually means a trade or some similar activity.  You're welcome.
    Make sure to leave him some beer money. This is Montreal after all.

    He's officially 19 now, legal in all provinces. But other than last NYE when we gave him some champagne I don't think he's ever had a drink (well, my dad may have snuck him a sip of something or other when we weren't looking). Plus he's beyond frugal and wouldn't dream of spending money on something that he doesn't require to sustain life (and not old enough to know/think that alcohol fits that description).


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:05 pm

    Don't know if this was posted:
    http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/22/daniel-alfredsson-will-have-his-work-cut-out-for-him-in-off-ice-role-garrioch

    EDIT: Reading it now, actually a very good article.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:19 pm

    wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:Residence moving-in day, today.  Which means I'll be driving down to Montreal (and back) and will be offline most of the day -- this usually means a trade or some similar activity.  You're welcome.
    Make sure to leave him some beer money. This is Montreal after all.

    He's officially 19 now, legal in all provinces.  But other than last NYE when we gave him some champagne I don't think he's ever had a drink (well, my dad may have snuck him a sip of something or other when we weren't looking).  Plus he's beyond frugal and wouldn't dream of spending money on something that he doesn't require to sustain life (and not old enough to know/think that alcohol fits that description).
    this is Shenzhen Montreal comes in. Half naked French girls beer bonging him the night before the exams. It's going to be grand!
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:32 pm

    wprager wrote:Don't know if this was posted:
    http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/22/daniel-alfredsson-will-have-his-work-cut-out-for-him-in-off-ice-role-garrioch

    EDIT: Reading it now, actually a very good article.

    Interesting piece but it just reiterates every possibility.
    I think they will put Alfie in a player development position going forward. And frankly that's the best we could hope for. Try and get him to impart his work ethic on young players. Remind Erik karlsson that leaving the org was the worst thing he could of done. And from there they can work him into how decision are made at the top.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:54 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:Don't know if this was posted:
    http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/22/daniel-alfredsson-will-have-his-work-cut-out-for-him-in-off-ice-role-garrioch

    EDIT: Reading it now, actually a very good article.

    Interesting piece but it just reiterates every possibility.
    I think they will put Alfie in a player development position going forward. And frankly that's the best we could hope for. Try and get him to impart his work ethic on young players. Remind Erik karlsson that leaving the org was the worst thing he could of done. And from there they can work him into how decision are made at the top.

    Does he really feel that way?
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10065
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by spader on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:08 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:Don't know if this was posted:
    http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/22/daniel-alfredsson-will-have-his-work-cut-out-for-him-in-off-ice-role-garrioch

    EDIT: Reading it now, actually a very good article.

    Interesting piece but it just reiterates every possibility.
    I think they will put Alfie in a player development position going forward. And frankly that's the best we could hope for. Try and get him to impart his work ethic on young players. Remind Erik karlsson that leaving the org was the worst thing he could of done. And from there they can work him into how decision are made at the top.

    Does he really feel that way?


    Me! Me! Me! I'll get this one.


    "Probably not."

    Did I do it right? Walrus
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:55 pm

    spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:Don't know if this was posted:
    http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/22/daniel-alfredsson-will-have-his-work-cut-out-for-him-in-off-ice-role-garrioch

    EDIT: Reading it now, actually a very good article.

    Interesting piece but it just reiterates every possibility.
    I think they will put Alfie in a player development position going forward. And frankly that's the best we could hope for. Try and get him to impart his work ethic on young players. Remind Erik karlsson that leaving the org was the worst thing he could of done. And from there they can work him into how decision are made at the top.

    Does he really feel that way?


    Me! Me! Me! I'll get this one.


    "Probably not."

    Did I do it right? Walrus

    I think he does. What did he gain by leaving? Not much honestly. Plus he's back. Which probably means it's here that he ultimately should of stayed.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10065
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by spader on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:28 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:Don't know if this was posted:
    http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/22/daniel-alfredsson-will-have-his-work-cut-out-for-him-in-off-ice-role-garrioch

    EDIT: Reading it now, actually a very good article.

    Interesting piece but it just reiterates every possibility.
    I think they will put Alfie in a player development position going forward. And frankly that's the best we could hope for. Try and get him to impart his work ethic on young players. Remind Erik karlsson that leaving the org was the worst thing he could of done. And from there they can work him into how decision are made at the top.

    Does he really feel that way?


    Me! Me! Me! I'll get this one.


    "Probably not."

    Did I do it right? Walrus

    I think he does. What did he gain by leaving? Not much honestly. Plus he's back. Which probably means it's here that he ultimately should of stayed.

    I was really just responding to what looked like a prompt from SSF. Laugh1
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by LeCaptain on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:07 pm

    My friend in Madagascar (where I'm from) just took this picture in a village:

    #represent

    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm

    spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:Don't know if this was posted:
    http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/22/daniel-alfredsson-will-have-his-work-cut-out-for-him-in-off-ice-role-garrioch

    EDIT: Reading it now, actually a very good article.

    Interesting piece but it just reiterates every possibility.
    I think they will put Alfie in a player development position going forward. And frankly that's the best we could hope for. Try and get him to impart his work ethic on young players. Remind Erik karlsson that leaving the org was the worst thing he could of done. And from there they can work him into how decision are made at the top.

    Does he really feel that way?


    Me! Me! Me! I'll get this one.


    "Probably not."

    Did I do it right? Walrus

    Nice work. I usually add that in myself. Unlike you, I am not in game shape.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10065
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by spader on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:39 pm

    LeCaptain wrote:My friend in Madagascar (where I'm from) just took this picture in a village:

    #represent


    Clapping
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:46 pm

    spader wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:My friend in Madagascar (where I'm from) just took this picture in a village:

    #represent


    Clapping
    Good to see no one is growing out their old send gear and it's not hitting the free market in Africa. :/

    Maybe Eugene sends all the unsold stuff there as a gift. Way to grow an untapped fan base. #marketinggenius
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:03 am

    http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/31/senators-bobby-ryan-a-happy-camper

    Seriously, I was ravenously reading this. Essentially a fluff piece but involves Sens players. I'm a bit concerned, though. He did his training with instructors who are used to getting people ready for high-altitude mountaineering, not hockey (although Schwartz left them some notes); he has to drive an hour to get to a rink to skate with some AHLers and this summer the ice was ripped out after just two weeks. So while he says they worked on his core and his explosiveness and that Schwartz was happy, I'm not convinced. Proof is in the pudding. Here's hoping.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:50 am

    wprager wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/31/senators-bobby-ryan-a-happy-camper

    Seriously, I was ravenously reading this.  Essentially a fluff piece but involves Sens players.  I'm a bit concerned, though.  He did his training with instructors who are used to getting people ready for high-altitude mountaineering, not hockey (although Schwartz left them some notes); he has to drive an hour to get to a rink to skate with some AHLers and this summer the ice was ripped out after just two weeks.  So while he says they worked on his core and his explosiveness and that Schwartz was happy, I'm not convinced.  Proof is in the pudding.  Here's hoping.

    Mountaineering at a high altitute (or training for that) would be a great way to train for hockey since it involves your entire lower body and core.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:45 am

    Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/31/senators-bobby-ryan-a-happy-camper

    Seriously, I was ravenously reading this.  Essentially a fluff piece but involves Sens players.  I'm a bit concerned, though.  He did his training with instructors who are used to getting people ready for high-altitude mountaineering, not hockey (although Schwartz left them some notes); he has to drive an hour to get to a rink to skate with some AHLers and this summer the ice was ripped out after just two weeks.  So while he says they worked on his core and his explosiveness and that Schwartz was happy, I'm not convinced.  Proof is in the pudding.  Here's hoping.

    Mountaineering at a high altitute (or training for that) would be a great way to train for hockey since it involves your entire lower body and core.

    In the article Ryan specifically states how it's not useful for hockey. But what does he know other than how to collect a $7M+ paycheck?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:16 am