Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by LeCaptain on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:26 pm

spader wrote:When are the Sens going to stop dumping the puck on every PP zone entry? Their PP was ugly in Montreal, and when they dump and chase, they never seem to get set up.

The PP is at 30%. Not a concern ATM.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13128
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:17 am

spader wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:I dunno...high price and he's almost done.  I'd love to, but I doubt it'd be worth it.

He's joking (I hope).
    Yeah, bringing chara is probably not what we need. Or at least it's too high a gamble with his clock running out.

I'm not sure who I would target in a trade but a top 4 D would be a priority. But again those do not grow on trees or at this time of year. Probably wouldn't get a chance to trade for one till much closer to the trade deadline. By then our D might have stabilized.

It's 3 games. Let's relax

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16331
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:04 am

Chara has two more years on his contract after this one. Unless the Bs are giving him away and also retaining a bunch of salary...no thanks.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47960
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:39 am

Bruins got lit up again, this time with Chara *in* the lineup.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:51 am

wprager wrote:Bruins got lit up again, this time with Chara *in* the lineup.  

Yeah, Chara's not really a difference maker anymore. Personally, I'm quite pleased to watch them struggle...along with Crysby.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20866
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:52 am

I wasn't joking. Chara could be had for cheap IMO and we'd push Ceci to the 3rd or have Chara as the 3rd pairing RD. He might be reenergized playing with skilled players.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:16 am

I thought Chara played LD. And I was also under the impression that's it's impossible to switch sides.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20866
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:20 am

tim1_2 wrote:I thought Chara played LD.  And I was also under the impression that's it's impossible to switch sides.

you are correct. OK he could easily replace Wier right now next to Ceci.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54432
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:25 am

Ev wrote:I wasn't joking. Chara could be had for cheap IMO and we'd push Ceci to the 3rd or have Chara as the 3rd pairing RD. He might be reenergized playing with skilled players.

3 more years @ 7, 7 and 4. That's a lot of loot for a guy who seems like he's literally on his last leg. I love the guy and I love the character, but talk Uncle Gene into that one? Not sure.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:56 am

tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, Chara's not really a difference maker anymore.  Personally, I'm quite pleased to watch them struggle...along with Crysby.

Weird year. Bruins are giving up over 5 goals/game (16 in 3); that's not just defense, Rask is not playing well. And it's not just that Pittsburgh has only scored 1 goal in two games, but Crosby does not have a shot on goal!

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:18 pm

Ev wrote:I wasn't joking. Chara could be had for cheap IMO and we'd push Ceci to the 3rd or have Chara as the 3rd pairing RD. He might be reenergized playing with skilled players.

Colon Greening would take a nice chunk out of Chara's salary.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7422
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:43 pm

wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, Chara's not really a difference maker anymore.  Personally, I'm quite pleased to watch them struggle...along with Crysby.

Weird year.  Bruins are giving up over 5 goals/game (16 in 3); that's not just defense, Rask is not playing well.  And it's not just that Pittsburgh has only scored 1 goal in two games, but Crosby does not have a shot on goal!

I drafted Rask and Bobrovsky back-to-back in the Dobber pro league. As you can imagine, my goaltending stats are currently in the sh!tter already.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:54 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:

3 more years @ 7, 7 and 4.  That's a lot of loot for a guy who seems like he's literally on his last leg.  I love the guy and I love the character, but talk Uncle Gene into that one?  Not sure.

Yeah...even if the actual salary isn't an issue, the cap hit sure is. When you have a young team like ours and need to constantly resign guys at higher cap hits, you don't want a contract like Chara's costing someone their spot. The Big Z might've already cost the Bs Johnny Boychuk and Dougie Hamilton.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:26 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:

3 more years @ 7, 7 and 4.  That's a lot of loot for a guy who seems like he's literally on his last leg.  I love the guy and I love the character, but talk Uncle Gene into that one?  Not sure.

Yeah...even if the actual salary isn't an issue, the cap hit sure is.  When you have a young team like ours and need to constantly resign guys at higher cap hits, you don't want a contract like Chara's costing someone their spot.  The Big Z might've already cost the Bs Johnny Boychuk and Dougie Hamilton.
    If it was a one or two year deal and the price was low you'd be tempted to do it but all points to that not being a good idea for this team.
    Still the idea of chara returning to Ottawa is kind of sweet.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:

Yeah...even if the actual salary isn't an issue, the cap hit sure is.  When you have a young team like ours and need to constantly resign guys at higher cap hits, you don't want a contract like Chara's costing someone their spot.  The Big Z might've already cost the Bs Johnny Boychuk and Dougie Hamilton.
    If it was a one or two year deal and the price was low you'd be tempted to do it but all points to that not being a good idea for this team.

You're right it isn't a good idea. It's a GREAT idea. Colon Greening plus Boston pays part of Chara's salary. KABLAM!!!!

How much does Chara help young Cowen find his way? Old Man murry better get on the blower and make this happen.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:39 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:

You're right it isn't a good idea. It's a GREAT idea. Colon Greening plus Boston pays part of Chara's salary. KABLAM!!!!

How much does Chara help young Cowen find his way? Old Man murry better get on the blower and make this happen.
    Greening isn't going anywhere. This deal would probably look like weir and a 1st rounder. So no.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:47 pm

wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

Weird year.  Bruins are giving up over 5 goals/game (16 in 3); that's not just defense, Rask is not playing well.  And it's not just that Pittsburgh has only scored 1 goal in two games, but Crosby does not have a shot on goal!

Crosby has not been a difference maker in years
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:16 am

Yet they keep voting him as the best player in hockey. I've been "voting" Toews for a few years.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:16 am