You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:When are the Sens going to stop dumping the puck on every PP zone entry? Their PP was ugly in Montreal, and when they dump and chase, they never seem to get set up.

The PP is at 30%. Not a concern ATM.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I dunno...high price and he's almost done.  I'd love to, but I doubt it'd be worth it.

He's joking (I hope).
Yeah, bringing chara is probably not what we need. Or at least it's too high a gamble with his clock running out.

I'm not sure who I would target in a trade but a top 4 D would be a priority. But again those do not grow on trees or at this time of year. Probably wouldn't get a chance to trade for one till much closer to the trade deadline. By then our D might have stabilized.

It's 3 games. Let's relax

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Chara has two more years on his contract after this one. Unless the Bs are giving him away and also retaining a bunch of salary...no thanks.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Bruins got lit up again, this time with Chara *in* the lineup.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Bruins got lit up again, this time with Chara *in* the lineup.  

Yeah, Chara's not really a difference maker anymore. Personally, I'm quite pleased to watch them struggle...along with Crysby.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I wasn't joking. Chara could be had for cheap IMO and we'd push Ceci to the 3rd or have Chara as the 3rd pairing RD. He might be reenergized playing with skilled players.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I thought Chara played LD. And I was also under the impression that's it's impossible to switch sides.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:I thought Chara played LD.  And I was also under the impression that's it's impossible to switch sides.

you are correct. OK he could easily replace Wier right now next to Ceci.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:I wasn't joking. Chara could be had for cheap IMO and we'd push Ceci to the 3rd or have Chara as the 3rd pairing RD. He might be reenergized playing with skilled players.

3 more years @ 7, 7 and 4. That's a lot of loot for a guy who seems like he's literally on his last leg. I love the guy and I love the character, but talk Uncle Gene into that one? Not sure.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, Chara's not really a difference maker anymore.  Personally, I'm quite pleased to watch them struggle...along with Crysby.

Weird year. Bruins are giving up over 5 goals/game (16 in 3); that's not just defense, Rask is not playing well. And it's not just that Pittsburgh has only scored 1 goal in two games, but Crosby does not have a shot on goal!

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:I wasn't joking. Chara could be had for cheap IMO and we'd push Ceci to the 3rd or have Chara as the 3rd pairing RD. He might be reenergized playing with skilled players.

Colon Greening would take a nice chunk out of Chara's salary.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, Chara's not really a difference maker anymore.  Personally, I'm quite pleased to watch them struggle...along with Crysby.

Weird year.  Bruins are giving up over 5 goals/game (16 in 3); that's not just defense, Rask is not playing well.  And it's not just that Pittsburgh has only scored 1 goal in two games, but Crosby does not have a shot on goal!

I drafted Rask and Bobrovsky back-to-back in the Dobber pro league. As you can imagine, my goaltending stats are currently in the sh!tter already.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:

3 more years @ 7, 7 and 4.  That's a lot of loot for a guy who seems like he's literally on his last leg.  I love the guy and I love the character, but talk Uncle Gene into that one?  Not sure.

Yeah...even if the actual salary isn't an issue, the cap hit sure is. When you have a young team like ours and need to constantly resign guys at higher cap hits, you don't want a contract like Chara's costing someone their spot. The Big Z might've already cost the Bs Johnny Boychuk and Dougie Hamilton.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

3 more years @ 7, 7 and 4.  That's a lot of loot for a guy who seems like he's literally on his last leg.  I love the guy and I love the character, but talk Uncle Gene into that one?  Not sure.

Yeah...even if the actual salary isn't an issue, the cap hit sure is.  When you have a young team like ours and need to constantly resign guys at higher cap hits, you don't want a contract like Chara's costing someone their spot.  The Big Z might've already cost the Bs Johnny Boychuk and Dougie Hamilton.
If it was a one or two year deal and the price was low you'd be tempted to do it but all points to that not being a good idea for this team.
Still the idea of chara returning to Ottawa is kind of sweet.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Yeah...even if the actual salary isn't an issue, the cap hit sure is.  When you have a young team like ours and need to constantly resign guys at higher cap hits, you don't want a contract like Chara's costing someone their spot.  The Big Z might've already cost the Bs Johnny Boychuk and Dougie Hamilton.
If it was a one or two year deal and the price was low you'd be tempted to do it but all points to that not being a good idea for this team.

You're right it isn't a good idea. It's a GREAT idea. Colon Greening plus Boston pays part of Chara's salary. KABLAM!!!!

How much does Chara help young Cowen find his way? Old Man murry better get on the blower and make this happen.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

You're right it isn't a good idea. It's a GREAT idea. Colon Greening plus Boston pays part of Chara's salary. KABLAM!!!!

How much does Chara help young Cowen find his way? Old Man murry better get on the blower and make this happen.
Greening isn't going anywhere. This deal would probably look like weir and a 1st rounder. So no.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Weird year.  Bruins are giving up over 5 goals/game (16 in 3); that's not just defense, Rask is not playing well.  And it's not just that Pittsburgh has only scored 1 goal in two games, but Crosby does not have a shot on goal!

Crosby has not been a difference maker in years

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Yet they keep voting him as the best player in hockey. I've been "voting" Toews for a few years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum