Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Share

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13131
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:39 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Ev wrote:I wasn't joking. Chara could be had for cheap IMO and we'd push Ceci to the 3rd or have Chara as the 3rd pairing RD. He might be reenergized playing with skilled players.

    3 more years @ 7, 7 and 4.  That's a lot of loot for a guy who seems like he's literally on his last leg.  I love the guy and I love the character, but talk Uncle Gene into that one?  Not sure.

    Yeah...even if the actual salary isn't an issue, the cap hit sure is.  When you have a young team like ours and need to constantly resign guys at higher cap hits, you don't want a contract like Chara's costing someone their spot.  The Big Z might've already cost the Bs Johnny Boychuk and Dougie Hamilton.
    If it was a one or two year deal and the price was low you'd be tempted to do it but all points to that not being a good idea for this team.
    Still the idea of chara returning to Ottawa is kind of sweet.

    You're right it isn't a good idea. It's a GREAT idea. Colon Greening plus Boston pays part of Chara's salary. KABLAM!!!!

    How much does Chara help young Cowen find his way? Old Man murry better get on the blower and make this happen.
    Greening isn't going anywhere. This deal would probably look like weir and a 1st rounder. So no.

    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by LeCaptain on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:47 pm

    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:Bruins got lit up again, this time with Chara *in* the lineup.  


    Yeah, Chara's not really a difference maker anymore.  Personally, I'm quite pleased to watch them struggle...along with Crysby.

    Weird year.  Bruins are giving up over 5 goals/game (16 in 3); that's not just defense, Rask is not playing well.  And it's not just that Pittsburgh has only scored 1 goal in two games, but Crosby does not have a shot on goal!

    Crosby has not been a difference maker in years

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:16 am

    Yet they keep voting him as the best player in hockey. I've been "voting" Toews for a few years.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20867
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:24 am

    LeCaptain wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:Bruins got lit up again, this time with Chara *in* the lineup.  


    Yeah, Chara's not really a difference maker anymore.  Personally, I'm quite pleased to watch them struggle...along with Crysby.

    Weird year.  Bruins are giving up over 5 goals/game (16 in 3); that's not just defense, Rask is not playing well.  And it's not just that Pittsburgh has only scored 1 goal in two games, but Crosby does not have a shot on goal!

    Crosby has not been a difference maker in years

    lmao^
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20867
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:25 am

    wprager wrote:Yet they keep voting him as the best player in hockey.  I've been "voting" Toews for a few years.  

    probably because he is consistently the best scorer and has nothing to work with.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:12 am

    Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:Yet they keep voting him as the best player in hockey.  I've been "voting" Toews for a few years.  

    probably because he is consistently the best scorer and has nothing to work with.

    He's won it twice. Malkin and St. Louis have also won it twice in roughly the same period. There hasn't been a truly dominant scorer in the league since Jagr back in his day. Oh, and Crosby plays with Malkin on the PP and whenever they are behind.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20867
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:29 am

    wprager wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:Yet they keep voting him as the best player in hockey.  I've been "voting" Toews for a few years.  

    probably because he is consistently the best scorer and has nothing to work with.

    He's won it twice.  Malkin and St. Louis have also won it twice in roughly the same period.  There hasn't been a truly dominant scorer in the league since Jagr back in his day.  Oh, and Crosby plays with Malkin on the PP and whenever they are behind.  

    He's has Dung linemates every year since he's entered the league. And he is always the best in terms of points per game and would win Art Ross every year if he didn't get hurt or sick. Malkin is always hurt too and they rarely play with eachother.

    There will never be a dominant scorer who just obliterates everybody ever again.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20867
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:14 am

    Turris leads the NHL in face off wins
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54441
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:21 am

    He's amazing in offensive zone face offs and the craps in defensive zone faceoffs. Good for him for studying that part though, now to work on when you have to put your stick down first...
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16335
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:29 am

    Ev wrote:Turris leads the NHL in face off wins

    Shaun Van Allen's tutelage has been invaluable.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54441
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:32 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:Turris leads the NHL in face off wins

    Shaun Van Allen's tutelage has been invaluable.
    Yeah, that was a good idea to being in someone like that. Who was the king of faceoffs a few years ago? Was it Perrault?
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16335
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:42 am

    Yeah Yanic Perrault...More recently Manny Malholtra was good at them I think....
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13131
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:35 am

    Game night tonight! Gonna have to watch it on playback. Quick prags, make a GDT!



    Columbus without a win so far. Will be pretty hungry for one. Best not undervalue their capabilities.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:48 pm

    Zibanejad cut his hair. Watch him skate like the wind, now. Cowbun and Messpot are next.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:01 am

    Flo The Action wrote:Game night tonight! Gonna have to watch it on playback. Quick prags, make a GDT!



    Columbus without a win so far. Will be pretty hungry for one. Best not undervalue their capabilities.

    We now know how putrid Columbus is, having lost to the Leaves, a team we barely beat. That win doesn't look so good now.

    I hope the Sens brass wakes up soon and shakes this thing up before it's too late.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:05 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:Game night tonight! Gonna have to watch it on playback. Quick prags, make a GDT!



    Columbus without a win so far. Will be pretty hungry for one. Best not undervalue their capabilities.

    We now know how putrid Columbus is, having lost to the Leaves, a team we barely beat. That win doesn't look so good now.

    I hope the Sens brass wakes up soon and shakes this thing up before it's too late.

    More likely they'll just shake, shake, shake, shake it off.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:57 pm

    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13131
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:18 pm

    Seriously. No games till Thursday? Bad schedule....

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:25 am