GAME DAY #3 (home game #1): Habs @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Sun. Oct. 11 2015

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21017
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: GAME DAY #3 (home game #1): Habs @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Sun. Oct. 11 2015

Post by Ev on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:20 pm

wprager wrote:I don't understand the reasoning in not playing your number one in your home opener. Anderson would not have let that first one in.

It was irrelevant. The team didn't have their Legs and didn't shoot enough

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48305
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:36 pm

Habs were playing their 3rd game in 5 nights. Don't think it makes a hell of a lot of difference first week of the season. The stupid penalties didn't help. The Habs PP is horrible but it certainly didn't help when trying to swing the momentum around.

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:21 am

Ev wrote:Not a great game. Understandable given it was our third game in four nights.

Ryan impressed me towards the end of the game. He's about to explode. Always takes time to get going. He was involved physically and when he is involved physically good things happen at the net for him.

I think 2 years is enough time lol

I don't know how many years Bryan Murray has in the business and he still doesn't understand how important the defense corps is.
    We're not going anywhere until we have a legit top 4
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13364
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:28 am

I dunno. I can take some positives out of this. Cowen is starting to find his game. Lots of missed opportunities and O'Connor with a bad game but still had some good saves. I'm not seeing a terrible team out there. Just nit maximizing on behaving like a team. But I can see that it will come.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by LeCaptain on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:34 am

Flo The Action wrote:I dunno. I can take some positives out of this. Cowen is starting to find his game. Lots of missed opportunities and O'Connor with a bad game but still had some good saves. I'm not seeing a terrible team out there. Just nit maximizing on behaving like a team. But I can see that it will come.

They're not terrible. They are a bubble playoff team that should not play guys like Wiercioch or Ceci in a top 4 role.
    Good thing Cowen is actually showing signs of top 4 life but I have hated this approach since day 1, having 4 inexperienced defensemen all brought in together at the same time.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:36 am

What a Cussing disgrace.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:44 am

How did Jeff F Petry catch up with Curtis Lazar? I thought Lazar had wheels. And if that had been Methot on Pacioretty the ref would have pointed to center ice and not the left face-off circle.

No, I'm not blaming this loss on the refs. They took too many penalties. Some head scratchers both ways, though. Poor Mark Stone -- when he got that high sticking penalty for Turris' stick making contact with Plekanec they should have also given Subban 2 for embellishment from before.

They need to do something to shake up that 2nd line.

I think it's time for a couple healthy scratches to become unscratched. Seriously, of not for the competition the Sens could be 0-3.

We have a great top line, the top pairing is solid as is the third. Weircioch/Ceci have to improve; Zibanejad line has to improve (Ryan with 3 shots in 3 games); Neil has to do something (he is 4th on the team in hits -- previously this was how he earned his paycheck).

Here's what I'd like to see:
    - Move Cowen up to the second pairing to play with Ceci, and bring in Wideman to play with Boro (switch Boro back to his usual side).
    - Sit Neil and put in Prince
    - Do this for a game or two; if Wideman does well, sit Ceci and move Wideman to the second pairing (we don't have experienced top-four D-men for the second pairing so play whoever plays best).
    - If Ryan doesn't come around swap him and Michalek (yeah, I know, it's re-arranging the furniture)

Of course I could be simply over-reacting because they were paying their third game in four nights early on in the season. Nah, that's just crazy talk.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:45 am

OK, I'm 1-1-0 in GDTs (the only win was not a ROW); the team is 2-1-0 overall. That means I need to sit one out, watch from the rafters.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:52 am

I don't want Curtis lazar on that second line. It's pretty simple.
    I agree that our D isn't great right now but give it 10 games to get it on a roll.
    We have Columbus, Pitts and Nashville next to play against. Should be a better gauge. The sens get usually more motivated when they play better completion.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:55 am

LeCaptain wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:I dunno. I can take some positives out of this. Cowen is starting to find his game. Lots of missed opportunities and O'Connor with a bad game but still had some good saves. I'm not seeing a terrible team out there. Just nit maximizing on behaving like a team. But I can see that it will come.

They're not terrible. They are a bubble playoff team that should not play guys like Wiercioch or Ceci in a top 4 role.
    Good thing Cowen is actually showing signs of top 4 life but I have hated this approach since day 1, having 4 inexperienced defensemen all brought in together at the same time.

Happens quite regularly with rebuilding teams. Not many have experienced dmen. Ceci is a top 4 IMO.

I also don't think we'll be a bubble team this year
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:56 am

Flo The Action wrote:I don't want Curtis lazar on that second line. It's pretty simple.
    I agree that our D isn't great right now but give it 10 games to get it on a roll.
    We have Columbus, Pitts and Nashville next to play against. Should be a better gauge. The sens get usually more motivated when they play better completion.

Lazar wasn't on the second line so yeah.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:56 am

LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:Not a great game. Understandable given it was our third game in four nights.

Ryan impressed me towards the end of the game. He's about to explode. Always takes time to get going. He was involved physically and when he is involved physically good things happen at the net for him.

I don't know how many years Bryan Murray has in the business and he still doesn't understand how important the defense corps is.

What do you mean two years?

Also we have legit top fours they're just young. No biggie.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54632
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:32 pm

It all depends on cowen and/or wiercioch. If one of them can come in and play like a too 4, we're fine, if not we're not clearly
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:33 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:It all depends on cowen and/or wiercioch. If one of them can come in and play like a too 4, we're fine, if not we're not clearly

Once you fix that issue you're still stuck with Cody Fecis.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by LeCaptain on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:10 pm

Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:

Bobby hasn't exploded in the past 2 years. 3 if we count Anaheim.
    He was good for about 20-30 games with Ottawa.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:21 pm

LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:

He was good for the majority of last season other than the last twenty, and mostly every game the previous year before getting hurt.

By explode I mean end up with 60-65 points.

He gets too much flak.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by LeCaptain on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:54 pm

Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:

He was good for the majority of last season other than the last twenty, and mostly every game the previous year before getting hurt.

He gets too much flak.

Not sure what flack means but I'm calling what I see.
    I don't care about points 3 games into the season but bubbling pucks 3-4 times a game is not normal, and it's usually a mental issue. I think the guy is not handling pressure well. After Burke called him out he looked different.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:21 pm

LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:

He gets too much flak.

Not sure what flack means but I'm calling what I see.
    I don't care about points 3 games into the season but bubbling pucks 3-4 times a game is not normal, and it's usually a mental issue. I think the guy is not handling pressure well. After Burke called him out he looked different.
    I things theres a bit of difference between pressure and this. I don't think he's been put into a terrible negative light. I think he's aware of what has happened and has answered questions bout it. I think he's trying to find his game again and I think he's in an environment conductive to that. Given probable health issues before this it's understandable. This is obviously a season that he can put it together. I'm sure everyone read the yost story on ryan and although I'm not a big fan of it all he did bring up some valid points. I'd give him some leeway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:20 am