You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #4: Sens @ Jackets- 7:00pm ET - Wed. Oct. 14 2015

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It's so true, this team is in desperation mode big time. I think we're in a lot of trouble personally.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
If Zibanejad can't get it going then yah, the Sens will struggle. People are loving to hate on Ryan right now but he isn't the center on that line. Does Zibanejad even have a shot this year? I don't want to say it's a make or break year for the guy but he needs to stop his stupid little DJ gigs and start to become a professional.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
He's looked okay, but it's time for him and Ryan (and MacArthur) to start putting up some points to help buoy this team early in the season. It's time to stop being called a 'young player' for ZBad and just go out and make something happen by working hard out there and...wait for it...driving the net.

They should have that tattooed on their eyelids. Drive the net, take a D-man with you, let Ryan shoot, pick up rebounds, repeat. Perimeter play won't net you a thing.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
We'll see what kind of drive he has because it's getting a little frustrating waiting for the guy to break out offensively. Again, he doesn't have a ton of hockey sense and plays exactly like Mike Fisher did/does.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He'll get 50-55 points when all is said and done.

IMO Sens will acquire an American playmaking/skating forward to play with Ryan and Zibanejad by the end of the season.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Yup. Columbus will be a tough challenge. I'm sure they see Ottawa as a team that will allow them to win their first game and will go the extra notch. I think this might be our toughest assignment so far(not that hard really)

I'm waiting for Zib and ryan to start putting it together. Any day now.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
if it makes you feel any better, Crosby/Malkin/Hall/Kopitar/Doughty etc. haven't done anything yet either

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I have Crysby, Getzlaf, and Doughty in my pool and can confirm that yes, they have indeed done nothing so far.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:He'll get 50-55 points when all is said and done.

IMO Sens will acquire an American playmaking/skating forward to play with Ryan and Zibanejad by the end of the season.

That is pretty specific. American playmaking/skating forward. Sure, sounds good? Nod

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:He'll get 50-55 points when all is said and done.

IMO Sens will acquire an American playmaking/skating forward to play with Ryan and Zibanejad by the end of the season.

That is pretty specific.  American playmaking/skating forward.  Sure, sounds good? Nod
Sounds like there's someone in mind.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
You can put whoever with Ryan and ZBad, but you actually need to acknowledge that they are a part of the problem right now.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:If Zibanejad can't get it going then yah, the Sens will struggle.  People are loving to hate on Ryan right now but he isn't the center on that line.  Does Zibanejad even have a shot this year?  I don't want to say it's a make or break year for the guy but he needs to stop his stupid little DJ gigs and start to become a professional.


Mika had 2 SOG against Buffalo, then 3 on the Leafs and just 1 against the Habs (but the whole team played poorly). His icetime has also been steadily increasing, but after the Montreal game I wouldn't be surprised if it went back down a notch.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:if it makes you feel any better, Crosby/Malkin/Hall/Kopitar/Doughty etc. haven't done anything yet either

Yep, and their teams are 0-3. I'd say we are fortunate that two of our three games have been against bottom-dwelling teams.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:You can put whoever with Ryan and ZBad, but you actually need to acknowledge that they are a part of the problem right now.

MacArthur? I'd love to get Bobby Ryan up with Turris and Stone, but then you have to take Hoffman off - and he's dynamite there right now. MacArthur or Michalek I guess. You need a finisher, because oddly enough both ZBad and Ryan appear in 'set up' mode (shoot the puck!).

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:You can put whoever with Ryan and ZBad, but you actually need to acknowledge that they are a part of the problem right now.

MacArthur?  I'd love to get Bobby Ryan up with Turris and Stone, but then you have to take Hoffman off - and he's dynamite there right now.  MacArthur or Michalek I guess.  You need a finisher, because oddly enough both ZBad and Ryan appear in 'set up' mode (shoot the puck!).

This is why Hoffman worked so well with them last year.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michalek has been very good this year

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Anderson just doesn't look like he can spell "Beast Mode".


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
That was soooo purdy. Stone is a rock star.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum