You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Stone had 7 takeaways before yesterday's game.  The one on Turris' goal was a takeaway IMO and he had at least 3 others of the more usual stick-interception variety.  Yet today he's (still leading the league) with 8.

He and Karlsson sure do their best to allow the team to play with the puck as much as possible. The way they both read the play is so incredible valuable.

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:I bet on Karlsson to win the Hart before the year.

This isn't even something that should be considered a long shot. Assuming the team in general keeps improving, his numbers should only go up. The guy is a flat-out freak, and I'd say he's a top 3 player on the planet.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:You know how foolish it is to post stuff like that one week into the season?

That said, Karlsson can totally finish top 5 in points this year.

Guilty as charged! Seeing a sea of Sens on the leaderboard makes me act like a fool.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:I bet on Karlsson to win the Hart before the year.

This isn't even something that should be considered a long shot.  Assuming the team in general keeps improving, his numbers should only go up.  The guy is a flat-out freak, and I'd say he's a top 3 player on the planet.

It was a longshot in terms of odds. 50 to 1. Let's go!!!!

Norris was 4 to 1.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Who was the last defenceman to win the Hart anyway? Without looking, I'd say Orr.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Who was the last defenceman to win the Hart anyway?  Without looking, I'd say Orr.

I'd say Coffee/Bourque/Lidstrom -- all three played after Bobby retired.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Pronger, dammit!


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Bourque/Lidstrom/Coffee never won it (I can see Coffee, playing with Gretzky, but surprised Lidstrom and Bourque never won). Before Pronger, the last one was Orr.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I have no recollection of Pronger winning it. How nice, couldn't happen to a better fellow.

Coffee, lol.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Milk and coffee? Milk and coffee!? Who would have thought?!

LeCaptain

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:I bet on Karlsson to win the Hart before the year.

This isn't even something that should be considered a long shot.  Assuming the team in general keeps improving, his numbers should only go up.  The guy is a flat-out freak, and I'd say he's a top 3 player on the planet.

It was a longshot in terms of odds. 50 to 1. Let's go!!!!

Norris was 4 to 1.

Time to send Carey to St Mary's Hospital.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
I could blame "Coffee" on the built-in spellchecker but I'll just blame it on only having had one coffey so far, today. And not a lot of sleep last night, either.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:I bet on Karlsson to win the Hart before the year.

This isn't even something that should be considered a long shot.  Assuming the team in general keeps improving, his numbers should only go up.  The guy is a flat-out freak, and I'd say he's a top 3 player on the planet.

It was a longshot in terms of odds. 50 to 1. Let's go!!!!

Norris was 4 to 1.

Wonder what the odds were for Stone or Turris. If that line can keep it up for 82 games, look out.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:I bet on Karlsson to win the Hart before the year.

This isn't even something that should be considered a long shot.  Assuming the team in general keeps improving, his numbers should only go up.  The guy is a flat-out freak, and I'd say he's a top 3 player on the planet.

It was a longshot in terms of odds. 50 to 1. Let's go!!!!

Norris was 4 to 1.

Wonder what the odds were for Stone or Turris.  If that line can keep it up for 82 games, look out.

they didn't have odds.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I could blame "Coffee" on the built-in spellchecker but I'll just blame it on only having had one coffey so far, today.  And not a lot of sleep last night, either.

Or just admit you make a mistake.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:I could blame "Coffee" on the built-in spellchecker but I'll just blame it on only having had one coffey so far, today.  And not a lot of sleep last night, either.

Or just admit you make a mistake.

NEVER!

Walter, you complain about lack of sleep frequently. I recommend you rectify that problem, as that'll have huge negative consequences on your health. You're welcome for the free life advice!

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Anderson starts, Prince in for Mac.

rooneypoo

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:You know how foolish it is to post stuff like that one week into the season?

That said, Karlsson can totally finish top 5 in points this year.

Guilty as charged!  Seeing a sea of Sens on the leaderboard makes me act like a fool.

For the record... I own Karlsson in my keeper league, and he's a +7 right now (or so ESPN tells me), so there should be another Sen there atop yet another list. Smile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum