GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Share

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16331
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:15 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:I could blame "Coffee" on the built-in spellchecker but I'll just blame it on only having had one coffey so far, today. And not a lot of sleep last night, either.

    Or just admit you make a mistake.

    NEVER!

    Walter, you complain about lack of sleep frequently. I recommend you rectify that problem, as that'll have huge negative consequences on your health. You're welcome for the free life advice!

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16331
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:19 pm

    Anderson starts, Prince in for Mac.

    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by rooneypoo on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:20 pm

    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:You know how foolish it is to post stuff like that one week into the season?

    That said, Karlsson can totally finish top 5 in points this year.

    Guilty as charged! Seeing a sea of Sens on the leaderboard makes me act like a fool.

    For the record... I own Karlsson in my keeper league, and he's a +7 right now (or so ESPN tells me), so there should be another Sen there atop yet another list. Smile
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by Ev on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:25 pm

    I think Karlsson is +2. He was -2 before yesterday's game.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16331
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:34 pm

    rooneypoo wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:You know how foolish it is to post stuff like that one week into the season?

    That said, Karlsson can totally finish top 5 in points this year.

    Guilty as charged! Seeing a sea of Sens on the leaderboard makes me act like a fool.

    For the record... I own Karlsson in my keeper league, and he's a +7 right now (or so ESPN tells me), so there should be another Sen there atop yet another list. Smile

    Not that I would tell a doctor how to read and interpret data, but you're looking at the points column.
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by rooneypoo on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:50 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:You know how foolish it is to post stuff like that one week into the season?

    That said, Karlsson can totally finish top 5 in points this year.

    Guilty as charged! Seeing a sea of Sens on the leaderboard makes me act like a fool.

    For the record... I own Karlsson in my keeper league, and he's a +7 right now (or so ESPN tells me), so there should be another Sen there atop yet another list. Smile

    Not that I would tell a doctor how to read and interpret data, but you're looking at the points column.

    Ha, oops! My bad. I just discovered recently that I can customize the stats display on my ESPN home page (I know, I'm such a relic), and points was the last one I added...
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by Ev on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:34 pm

    I am not liking Hoffmans game at all.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:21 pm

    Pitts is always a problem for us.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by LeCaptain on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:25 pm

    Ev wrote:I am not liking Hoffmans game at all.

    What do you mean?

    Worst player in the top 6 tonight was ZIbanejad by a mile. Everyone else was fine with me.

    Cowen looks great.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:31 pm

    LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:I am not liking Hoffmans game at all.

    What do you mean?

    Worst player in the top 6 tonight was ZIbanejad by a mile. Everyone else was fine with me.

    Cowen looks great.

    I know right? Not much to complain about cowers game. Keeping it simple. Not trying to be fancy, focus on being more of a solid presence. Solid on the back.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by LeCaptain on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:44 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:I am not liking Hoffmans game at all.

    What do you mean?

    Worst player in the top 6 tonight was ZIbanejad by a mile. Everyone else was fine with me.

    Cowen looks great.

    I know right? Not much to complain about cowers game. Keeping it simple. Not trying to be fancy, focus on being more of a solid presence. Solid on the back.

    Even made a couple Karlsson-esque plays by breaking some Pitts passes in the neutral zone.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54432
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:47 pm

    That's one way to combat back to back games. Don't show up for the second game. Easy!
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by Ev on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:48 pm

    hoffman keeps letting the puck go by him on the po and is playing an individualistic game. He's always done this and a reason the sens don't believe he's worth a long term deal. I just don't like this guys game and would like to see us get a legit top six LW to play with Zibanejad and Ryan.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54432
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:55 pm

    Gonna have to bite the bullet and put Ryan with Turris soon. Stone can flourish anywhere, Ryan is stuck in second gear and needs a better playmaker. Or move Ryan to lw and move Hoffman with Zbad
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by LeCaptain on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:58 pm

    Ev wrote:hoffman keeps letting the puck go by him on the po and is playing an individualistic game. He's always done this and a reason the sens don't believe he's worth a long term deal. I just don't like this guys game and would like to see us get a legit top six LW to play with Zibanejad and Ryan.

    Meh, he creates a lot of scoring opportunities. I don't mind him at all. In fact I would he is needed in the top 6.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54432
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:59 pm

    He's a key piece of our team. With his speed I'd say we could use another player exactly like that.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by LeCaptain on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:02 pm

    Ryan looks better. He's getting there.
    Team was ok tonight, missed a lot of shots, probably out of gas. Can't complain.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by Ev on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:04 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:He's a key piece of our team. With his speed I'd say we could use another player exactly like that.

    Naw we need a proven legit star. Not a maybe.

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:03 am