GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Share

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54632
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by PTFlea on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:53 am

    We played pretty well. They kept us to the outside a lot, but we should have scored more than 1 by the time we shat the bed. It's certainly a frustrating time, but hopefully they get on track soon and this run doesn't cost us in April.

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:12 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:We played pretty well.  They kept us to the outside a lot, but we should have scored more than 1 by the time we shat the bed.  It's certainly a frustrating time, but hopefully they get on track soon and this run doesn't cost us in April.

    I'd like to see this team get on track in early October for once.

    That's just me. What say you, red red red?

    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by LeCaptain on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:47 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:We played pretty well.  They kept us to the outside a lot, but we should have scored more than 1 by the time we shat the bed.  It's certainly a frustrating time, but hopefully they get on track soon and this run doesn't cost us in April.

    I'd like to see this team get on track in early October for once.

    That's just me. What say you, red red red?

    They had a very good October last year...
    avatar
    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7179
    Favorite Team : Detroit
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by asq2 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:53 pm

    This early season has demonstrated to me that I have no idea how to make a winning hockey teams. Lots of teams with elite players (Pens, Avs, Flames, Ducks) are struggling while I have no idea how the Habs are putting up so many goals.

    So I'm not sure what the answer is trade wise. But from what I saw (and I only saw parts of the 1st and 3rd) we just got outworked, and it seems like we get routinely outshot. With a young team I can accept defensive lapses and mistakes but it seems to me like they should be compensating with enthusiasm. Part of the blame has to fall on Karlsson (love him obviously) who has been really conserving things as the captain.

    That said, I don't know how to try to manufacture momentum outside of reading the team the riot act. One idea I had, which is probably insanely dumb, would be to try pulling the goalie for a shift or two in the second period if we were down by 1. Maybe you hem the other team in their zone and get a couple chances and get your team's confidence up. Shift the tide so to speak. Obviously it can backfire, though. But anything's gotta be better than watching the team just get out skated and dumping it out of the D-zone.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:53 pm

    LeCaptain wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:We played pretty well.  They kept us to the outside a lot, but we should have scored more than 1 by the time we shat the bed.  It's certainly a frustrating time, but hopefully they get on track soon and this run doesn't cost us in April.

    I'd like to see this team get on track in early October for once.

    That's just me. What say you, red red red?

    They had a very good October last year...

    And stay there.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by spader on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:00 pm

    I'd love to see them stop dumping the puck so much. The better teams in the league see to gain the zone WITH possession. I'm sick of the dump and chase game.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48305
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by wprager on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:13 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:We played pretty well.  They kept us to the outside a lot, but we should have scored more than 1 by the time we shat the bed.  It's certainly a frustrating time, but hopefully they get on track soon and this run doesn't cost us in April.

    I'd like to see this team get on track in early October for once.

    That's just me. What say you, red red red?

    Ah, yes. Remember when they won like 9 games in October? The Paddock years. Good times.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13364
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by Flo The Action on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:31 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:We played pretty well.  They kept us to the outside a lot, but we should have scored more than 1 by the time we shat the bed.  It's certainly a frustrating time, but hopefully they get on track soon and this run doesn't cost us in April.

    I'd like to see this team get on track in early October for once.

    That's just me. What say you, red red red?
    I think Red Red Red might have to go off the forum for now and fight some other distant internet battles for the cause. maybe he could come back every once in a while for decisive votings on polls. Sarcasm
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13364
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by Flo The Action on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:38 pm

    asq2 wrote:This early season has demonstrated to me that I have no idea how to make a winning hockey teams. Lots of teams with elite players (Pens, Avs, Flames, Ducks) are struggling while I have no idea how the Habs are putting up so many goals.

    So I'm not sure what the answer is trade wise. But from what I saw (and I only saw parts of the 1st and 3rd) we just got outworked, and it seems like we get routinely outshot. With a young team I can accept defensive lapses and mistakes but it seems to me like they should be compensating with enthusiasm. Part of the blame has to fall on Karlsson (love him obviously) who has been really conserving things as the captain.

    That said, I don't know how to try to manufacture momentum outside of reading the team the riot act. One idea I had, which is probably insanely dumb, would be to try pulling the goalie for a shift or two in the second period if we were down by 1. Maybe you hem the other team in their zone and get a couple chances and get your team's confidence up. Shift the tide so to speak. Obviously it can backfire, though. But anything's gotta be better than watching the team just get out skated and dumping it out of the D-zone.
    well in comparison to us they have practically been injury free for the start of the season but also last year.
    another thing that cannot be understated is the confidence they benefit from having price in net.
    Anderson might look good and stop a ton of shot but it seems like every 2 games he lets a couple of stinkers in. and that's gotta play when you don't know if he can hold off the opposition. Ottawa was doing amazing down the road when Hammond was all worlds because they had confidence.

    right now it feels and looks like this team hasn't come together and every new game  sees this line-up change because of injuries that are pilling up and players having to adapt to new line-mates.
    that's my two cents on this subject.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13364
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by Flo The Action on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:40 pm

    spader wrote:I'd love to see them stop dumping the puck so much. The better teams in the league see to gain the zone WITH possession. I'm sick of the dump and chase game.
    I noticed that too. i can't recall who was doing it so much. but im not a fan of Boro on that first pairing. Karlsson really can't play the same way without Methot.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by spader on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:52 pm

    Boro looks lost when he plays with EK. I think EK's game is too fast for Boro.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by LeCaptain on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:03 pm

    In all fairness the games against Nashville and New Jersey should have been wins. We clearly outplayed them. Record should be 5-3-0 which is not bad.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:16 am

    LeCaptain wrote:In all fairness the games against Nashville and New Jersey should have been wins. We clearly outplayed them. Record should be 5-3-0 which is not bad.

    And we played crappy against Buffalo and Toronto and won. So the record is right where it should be. This team needs to wake the hell up.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16501
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:33 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:In all fairness the games against Nashville and New Jersey should have been wins. We clearly outplayed them. Record should be 5-3-0 which is not bad.

    And we played crappy against Buffalo and Toronto and won. So the record is right where it should be. This team needs to wake the hell up.

    This is exactly right. To be fair, we're not really playing much different than the majority of last year. We keep waiting for some young guys to take that next step forward....
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13364
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:43 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:In all fairness the games against Nashville and New Jersey should have been wins. We clearly outplayed them. Record should be 5-3-0 which is not bad.

    And we played crappy against Buffalo and Toronto and won. So the record is right where it should be. This team needs to wake the hell up.

    This is exactly right. To be fair, we're not really playing much different than the majority of last year. We keep waiting for some young guys to take that next step forward....
    That should come also. Took al,out half the year for stone to get going last year. Should be the same for pumpel... Oh right. Down in bingo.
    Maybe Prince can start putting a few in from the third line...
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:13 am

    Cameron needs to trust his young guys more and have them play bigger roles. This team isn't ready to do more than barely make the playoffs. Stick to the game plan of last year. Let the young kids learn on the job.

    Puempel & Prince should be in the top 6.

    And yes, I'm aware Puempel is in the minors right now.




    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48305
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by wprager on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:21 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:Cameron needs to trust his young guys more and have them play bigger roles. This team isn't ready to do more than barely make the playoffs. Stick to the game plan of last year. Let the young kids learn on the job.

    Puempel & Prince should be in the top 6.

    And yes, I'm aware Puempel is in the minors right now.



    There's no way Puempel or Prince *or* Lazar should be anywhere near the top six right now. But it's not like we have a lot of choices. MacArthur is more suited for the middle six than the top six (i.e. 3rd liner, moves up if there are injuries). The jury hasn't even begun deliberating on Prince and Puempel; as for Lazar he hasn't shown anything other than the ability to kill penalties and play 3rd line minutes. It's a bit of a joke that he was on the top line (but then so is Boro playing with Karlsson).

    Bottom line is we are a very young tea and do not have the depth to manage through injuries.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13364
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:56 pm

    wprager wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:Cameron needs to trust his young guys more and have them play bigger roles. This team isn't ready to do more than barely make the playoffs. Stick to the game plan of last year. Let the young kids learn on the job.

    Puempel & Prince should be in the top 6.

    And yes, I'm aware Puempel is in the minors right now.



    There's no way Puempel or Prince *or* Lazar should be anywhere near the top six right now.  But it's not like we have a lot of choices.  MacArthur is more suited for the middle six than the top six (i.e. 3rd liner, moves up if there are injuries).  The jury hasn't even begun deliberating on Prince and Puempel; as for Lazar he hasn't shown anything other than the ability to kill penalties and play 3rd line minutes.  It's a bit of a joke that he was on the top line (but then so is Boro playing with Karlsson).

    Bottom line is we are a very young tea and do not have the depth to manage through injuries.

    Lazar should be in Bingo to be honest.
    Pumpel is a guy that had some success last year up here. It's debatable but I would say he might be more productive if he was up here than lazar.

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY #8: Coyotes @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Saturday Oct. 24, 2015

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:20 am