Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:36 pm

wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:ZBad generally looks like he doesn't have full confidence in himself, but then there's times when he does great things with the puck.  It seems like the Sens brass will continue to have patience with him, but sooner or later he's going to have to elevate, or be demoted to the third line.

The contract they gave him was a bit of a message.

Looks like the message was received loud and clear.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47948
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:14 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:ZBad generally looks like he doesn't have full confidence in himself, but then there's times when he does great things with the puck.  It seems like the Sens brass will continue to have patience with him, but sooner or later he's going to have to elevate, or be demoted to the third line.

The contract they gave him was a bit of a message.

Looks like the message was received loud and clear.

Sure was! He cut his hair and all.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16329
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:06 am

Mike Hoffy Hoffman was injured late in the game last night and is not at practice this morning.  This is not great news.

Lazar is taking The Hoff's spot on the top line in practice.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:24 am

tim1_2 wrote:Mike Hoffy Hoffman was injured late in the game last night and is not at practice this morning.  This is not great news.

Wonder if that kept him out of the shootout.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:28 am

Interesting stat of the day -- Bobby Ryan is leading the league with 3 SO goals in 3 attempts this season. Meanwhile Turris is 0 for 3.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:34 am

wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Mike Hoffy Hoffman was injured late in the game last night and is not at practice this morning.  This is not great news.

What are you wondering about? Hoffman took his last shift of the game with around 5 minutes left in the 3rd. He didn't play in OT and obviously was unavailable for the shootout.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:38 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:

What are you wondering about?  Hoffman took his last shift of the game with around 5 minutes left in the 3rd.  He didn't play in OT and obviously was unavailable for the shootout.

Didn't even notice. Sorry. Guess I was paying too much attention to the will he/won't he get the Gordie Howe Hattrick drama.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54423
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:40 am

That fight was cute, but did it change momentum when Neil got beaten?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:48 am

SpezDispensed wrote:That fight was cute, but did it change momentum when Neil got beaten?

I agree with Pierre that, usually, you don't want to start a fight when you're ahead. But in this case I don't think the fight gave the Devils any spark. He lost, but didn't lose badly and he only did it to get the GHHT.

That said, it's very alarming that they lost a game to the Devils which they were leading by 2 with 5 to go. Also when they scored the short-handed goal to even it up and only had something like 40 seconds left to kill, that was very disheartening as well. It's not like the Devils have a fantastic PP. Just missed coverage.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:48 am

SpezDispensed wrote:That fight was cute, but did it change momentum when Neil got beaten?

It's not like it was a huge crushing defeat or anything...so no....
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:40 pm

I guess I'm stretching to digest how the devils, who are terrible BTW, scored 4 goals on us, never mind 2 in the final 7 minutes or whatever it was.

I want to blame Hammond, but he made some major saves as well
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:49 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:I guess I'm stretching to digest how the devils, who are terrible BTW, scored 4 goals on us, never mind 2 in the final 7 minutes or whatever it was.

Why? This how is could have gone against Buffalo and the floundering Leafs. How is this surprising to anyone?
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:54 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:I guess I'm stretching to digest how the devils, who are terrible BTW, scored 4 goals on us, never mind 2 in the final 7 minutes or whatever it was.

We're incredibly inconsistent and prone to major, repeated defensive lapses. Hallmarks of a young team.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:35 pm

tim1_2 wrote:

We're incredibly inconsistent and prone to major, repeated defensive lapses.  Hallmarks of a young team.

We are taking too many damn penalties.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:37 pm

The only team that has given up more PP goals is Columbus. They've given up 1 more goal but played one more game.

Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:31 pm

That fight by neil was not a good idea. Game changed right after that. Not sure if it was directly responsible, but everything was in cruise control till then. If u got a two goal lead, you don't usually get into fights.

I'll give hambugrlar a pass since it was his first game in some time, including missing a good chunk of preseason. That 3rd goal was bad, and 4th broke their backs. He's gotta be better.

Karlsson's defensive game has regressed so far from what I can see. He's not able to angle people off the way he was last season and too many opposing players are picking off his passes and breakout attempts. And he seems out of place at times. Hope he can shake this off.

That's a whole lot of negatives, but here are some positives:

That's two solid games in a row for the sens. Outshooting their opponents handily, getting majority of the scoring chances. This is like last season when Cameron took over and sens started playing better. The results eventually came and everyone will have to be patient till then. I thought all the lines played pretty well. Prince impressed me a lot yesterday. So did my boy Milo, many left him for dead but he showed some wheels yesterday.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:18 pm

Michallica wrote:That fight by neil was not a good idea.  Game changed right after that.  Not sure if it was directly responsible, but everything was in cruise control till then.  If u got a two goal lead, you don't usually get into fights.  

I'll give hambugrlar a pass since it was his first game in some time, including missing a good chunk of preseason.  That 3rd goal was bad, and 4th broke their backs.  He's gotta be better.  

Karlsson's defensive game has regressed so far from what I can see.  He's not able to angle people off the way he was last season and too many opposing players are picking off his passes and breakout attempts.  And he seems out of place at times.  Hope he can shake this off.

That's a whole lot of negatives, but here are some positives:

That's two solid games in a row for the sens.  Outshooting their opponents handily, getting majority of the scoring chances.  This is like last season when Cameron took over and sens started playing better.  The results eventually came and everyone will have to be patient till then.  I thought all the lines played pretty well.  Prince impressed me a lot yesterday.  So did my boy Milo, many left him for dead but he showed some wheels yesterday.  

I thought the Neil fight was a questionable decision as well. Mind you, I thought about that after the fact, but he should know better. No one gives a Diddle about a Gordie Howe hat trick.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:26 pm

tim1_2 wrote:

We're incredibly inconsistent and prone to major, repeated defensive lapses.  Hallmarks of a young team.

Right now I wish we were prone to making trades.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:39 am