Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Share

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:18 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:They tried Methot with Ceci and Methot has never looked worse.

    He's spent more time on ice with Wideman than with Ceci. Which is to say not a lot.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:22 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I am sick of this team being mediocre. We have Puempel, Paul, Lindberg, Chabot, White, and Prince who have top-six/top-four potential. I think it's time you look at trading Ceci/Lazar/Wiercioch and whoever else and address the big issues on this team - defence.

    Talk to St Louis about Shattenkirk and see if Wiercioch + Puempel gets it done. It's time Ottawa starts making moves before we lose Karlsson's prime years and we don't have a legitimate goalie in the system.
    How on earth would puempel and wier get it done? That is laughable.
    To get shatts you would probably have to send Hoffman +
    Not a prospect and a failed defenseman. Homer much?

    Pierre was talking about a Shattenkirk for Drouin trade (in a three-way with the Habs/Blues/Bolts since Yzerman said he won't deal in-Division).

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:34 pm

    wprager wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:They tried Methot with Ceci and Methot has never looked worse.

    He's spent more time on ice with Wideman than with Ceci. Which is to say not a lot.

    Over the last 3 games...

    http://www.dobberhockey.com/frozenpool_last3gamelines.php

    So to re-iterate, they have tried Methot with Ceci and Methot has never looked worse.

    Of course, you are suggesting that they should try Methot with Ceci, which they have already done, because you don't watch the games or pay attention to them obviously.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:30 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:They tried Methot with Ceci and Methot has never looked worse.

    He's spent more time on ice with Wideman than with Ceci. Which is to say not a lot.

    Over the last 3 games...

    http://www.dobberhockey.com/frozenpool_last3gamelines.php

    So to re-iterate, they have tried Methot with Ceci and Methot has never looked worse.

    Of course, you are suggesting that they should try Methot with Ceci, which they have already done, because you don't watch the games or pay attention to them obviously.

    Which, again, is not a lot.

    I'm curious, though, why are you saying "never looked worse"?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:35 pm

    wprager wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:They tried Methot with Ceci and Methot has never looked worse.

    He's spent more time on ice with Wideman than with Ceci. Which is to say not a lot.

    Over the last 3 games...

    http://www.dobberhockey.com/frozenpool_last3gamelines.php

    So to re-iterate, they have tried Methot with Ceci and Methot has never looked worse.

    Of course, you are suggesting that they should try Methot with Ceci, which they have already done, because you don't watch the games or pay attention to them obviously.

    Which, again, is not a lot.

    I'm curious, though, why are you saying "never looked worse"?

    Looks like he scrambling quite a bit and not playing as poised a game as usual. Just watch the games.

    Yes, not a lot, which is more than not at all, which you would have known if you watched the games.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:54 am

    Flo The Action wrote:Is anyone else expecting to see a sens trade every time they go unto TSN? Frustrating to see nothing happening. It's pretty clear this team isn't cutting it. Come on BM!

    Any trades?
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13614
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:02 am

    They'll sell it as a continuation of the rebuild. I thought they'd be fighting for the wild card but at this rate they'll sink to the bottom of the East


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:08 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:They'll sell it as a continuation of the rebuild. I thought they'd be fighting for the wild card but at this rate they'll sink to the bottom of the East

    It would have been nice to build on last season's success. I think that's a reasonable expectation. Oh well.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:20 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:They'll sell it as a continuation of the rebuild. I thought they'd be fighting for the wild card but at this rate they'll sink to the bottom of the East

    It would have been nice to build on last season's success. I think that's a reasonable expectation. Oh well.
    At this point I'm getting more and more upset at management inability to improve this club. All this effort about trying to rid ourselves of greening's contract. We'll never compete with this sort of ownership that can't cover the mistakes management makes. If BM's hands are tied because of Melnyk refusing to make moves without shedding a contract we may really need a change in ownership.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:35 pm

    If there's anything I'm not regretting so far this season is that we held on to Anderson. Who knows what will the future show but he's been pretty good for us. Probably the best we've ever had.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:20 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:They'll sell it as a continuation of the rebuild. I thought they'd be fighting for the wild card but at this rate they'll sink to the bottom of the East

    It would have been nice to build on last season's success. I think that's a reasonable expectation. Oh well.
    At this point I'm getting more and more upset at management inability to improve this club. All this effort about trying to rid ourselves of greening's contract. We'll never compete with this sort of ownership that can't cover the mistakes management makes. If BM's hands are tied because of Melnyk refusing to make moves without shedding a contract we may really need a change in ownership.

    How is Greening in Bingo hurting this team, though?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:08 am

    Looking at the Sens TOI stats I see that Cowen leads the team in short-handed time on ice per game. His last game was the 7-3 drubbing by the Bruins, when they scored 4 PPG in 7 opportunities. But since then the Sens have given up 6 in 21, for a 71.4% PK efficiency. That's still horribly bad.

    The Senators are still taking a lot of penalties and have the second-worst PK in the league. We need a RHS d-man to play on the 1st PK unit with Methot. Right now that's still Borowiecki.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:12 am

    According to Yost (and confirmed by AJ Jakubec) Calgary has an interest in Cowen.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:24 am

    wprager wrote:According to Yost (and confirmed by AJ Jakubec) Calgary has an interest in Cowen.

    Jakubec damaged his credibility by backing up Yost, IMO.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:35 am

    By the way, for those who still think Karlsson doesn't kill penalties, he's 5th among Sens D-men in SH TOI/game and with Cowen in the pressbox that means that right now he's on one of the two units. The SH TOI/g is a full-season stat so I'n guessing in the last few games (since Cowen's benching) he's been averaging a lot more than the current number.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54432
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:31 am

    Ha yost. Still...that would be great.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:39 am

    SpezDispensed wrote:Ha yost. Still...that would be great.

    It would be less than great considering Smid is the rumoured return.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:56 am

    SpezDispensed wrote:Ha yost. Still...that would be great.

    Like I said, confirmed by AJ Jakubec.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:04 am