You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ha yost. Still...that would be great.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:Ha yost.  Still...that would be great.  

It would be less than great considering Smid is the rumoured return.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Like I said, confirmed by AJ Jakubec.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I've got nothing against Smid, but if we trade for a D-man shouldn't it be a rightie?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
If we waived Cowen, he wouldn't be claimed. Let that marinate in your brains for a minute.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:If we waived Cowen, he wouldn't be claimed. Let that marinate in your brains for a minute.

And to think that we gave away Brian Lee for nothing. There was that top-ten, RHS d-man we could use right about now. And he wouldn't cost $80M to re-sign, either.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
We need both LD and RD. The problem with getting a rightie is then you're benching Ceci or Wideman all the time. We need to clear out some of these lesser players and replace them with quality.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:We need both LD and RD. The problem with getting a rightie is then you're benching Ceci or Wideman all the time. We need to clear out some of these lesser players and replace them with quality.

My point was more that we need a forward coming back, but if we get a D-man it better be a rightie. Clearly Wideman has not earned Cameron's trust (at least not to the level that Claesson has, for whatever reason). Also a guy like Ceci needs a break now and again to clear his head. Plus there are always injuries. How many games did Ceci miss? He's played 38, the Sens have played 45, so that's 7 games, but I don't think he missed them all with that injury. At the time Cameron said he was out week-to-week so it could have been much longer.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Quick question -- how many of you knew that Turris and Stone have the two worst +/- on the team?

Quick follow-up -- how about Hoffman and Cowen with the two best?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Rumoured by whom?

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Not a big fan of bringing smid in but at this point it's more about getting Cowen out.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:Not a big fan of bringing smid in but at this point it's more about getting Cowen out.

Smid is more expensive and equally or possibly more Dung than Cowen.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
We need a veteran with some semblance of veteran leadership, but clearly that's hard to do as everyone wants one.  

I'd take wideman out of Calgary if they were selling him. I wouldn't want  to pay much, but id swap cowen for him, maybe with a little something else.  

We could also  use a veteran left winger.  Even when/if Mac comes back it wouldn't hurt.  Another tough get in trade though

If you can add two players with NHL experience and some skill you can go a much longer way with this lineup.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:We need a veteran with some semblance of veteran leadership, but clearly that's hard to do as everyone wants one.  

I'd take wideman out of Calgary if they were selling him. I wouldn't want  to pay much, but id swap cowen for him, maybe with a little something else.  

We could also  use a veteran left winger.  Even when/if Mac comes back it wouldn't hurt.  Another tough get in trade though

If you can add two players with NHL experience and some skill you can go a much longer way with this lineup.  
I'm sure wideman is available. But it would cost us more than Cowen. I'm not sure that's a move ownership makes but we'll see.
Wideman might be good for us. Not sure he's still top 4 material but he could replace maybe Ceci if he's traded for a young man from Tampa.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I've got nothing against Smid, but if we trade for a D-man shouldn't it be a rightie?

I think their greatest need is on the left side of the second pairing. So, no.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:They'll sell it as a continuation of the rebuild. I thought they'd be fighting for the wild card but at this rate they'll sink to the bottom of the East

It would have been nice to build on last season's success. I think that's a reasonable expectation. Oh well.
At this point I'm getting more and more upset at management inability to improve this club. All this effort about trying to rid ourselves of greening's contract. We'll never compete with this sort of ownership that can't cover the mistakes management makes. If BM's hands are tied because of Melnyk refusing to make moves without shedding a contract we may really need a change in ownership.

How is Greening in Bingo hurting this team, though?

He chews up budget dollars.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:They'll sell it as a continuation of the rebuild. I thought they'd be fighting for the wild card but at this rate they'll sink to the bottom of the East

It would have been nice to build on last season's success. I think that's a reasonable expectation. Oh well.
At this point I'm getting more and more upset at management inability to improve this club. All this effort about trying to rid ourselves of greening's contract. We'll never compete with this sort of ownership that can't cover the mistakes management makes. If BM's hands are tied because of Melnyk refusing to make moves without shedding a contract we may really need a change in ownership.

How is Greening in Bingo hurting this team, though?

He chews up budget dollars.

I guess Murray told Melnyk he could probably find a trade partner, then the phones went dead. Can't buy him out now until the next window, whenever that is. I simply don't understand why they aren't playing him in Ottawa, it's not like Chiasson and Neil couldn't benefit from a tour of the pressbox once in a while.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ottawa's success happened with Cowen, Phillips, Neil, and Smith out of the lineup last season. They had consistent scoring from all four lines.

I don't dislike Smith. He's a fourth liner. But he's being anchored down by Neil and you can't expect Prince to produce on that line with those two. They will never bench Neil though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum