You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is the best all around forward in the NHL?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is the best all around forward in the NHL?

9% 9% [ 3 ]
34% 34% [ 11 ]
3% 3% [ 1 ]
3% 3% [ 1 ]
22% 22% [ 7 ]
9% 9% [ 3 ]
6% 6% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 1 ]
9% 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Jordo

Sophomore
Sophomore
Aetherial wrote:
504Heater wrote:Ovechkin - and the only player that's even close is Iginla.

My thoughts exactly... although Thornton would be close also.

Bruins Thornton maybe, but he's gotten consistently worse after joining SJ in my opinion- regardless of what stats tell you. He may have better players around him in SJ, but I thought he was so much better right after the lockout. The year he got traded to San Jose was his biggest year.

I don't think anyone can argue against Ovechkin. Honorable mentions are Iginla, Vinny Lecav, Cindy, and Nash might even sneak onto that list. If we're talking forwards, anyway.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
So far I'm the only one who voted Nash. A guy that big that can skate, shoot and deke the way he does is superhuman.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star
Tukker wrote:
wprager wrote:
Tukker wrote:I said only one per team... and Heatley will probably end his career with much better numbers than alfie

Missed that. But I still stand by my vote. Yeah, I'm a homer, I know that. :D
Otherwise detroit would have Zett, Datz, and Hoss

I don't understand the one per team restriction. Datsyuk had 90 some points and a Selke last season and he's not on the list? If you did a "who is the best offensive forward in the league" poll, would you just not include one of Crosby or Malkin because they're on the same team? It seems like an arbitrary restriction.

Also, Heatley may finish with better numbers, but right now Alfredsson is the far better all-around player.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star
Aetherial wrote:

Pavel Datsyuk last season had 31 goals, 97 points, was +41, lead the league in take-aways, won the Selke and had his team win the Stanley Cup.

I know currently Zetterberg is the more favoured one of the two thanks to his Conn Smythe performance but Datsyuk is ridiculously under-appreciated.

To me, he's the best all-around forward in the NHL, especially now that he's shown he won't get pushed around physically any more.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star
asq2 wrote:
Aetherial wrote:

Pavel Datsyuk last season had 31 goals, 97 points, was +41, lead the league in take-aways, won the Selke and had his team win the Stanley Cup.

I know currently Zetterberg is the more favoured one of the two thanks to his Conn Smythe performance but Datsyuk is ridiculously under-appreciated.

To me, he's the best all-around forward in the NHL, especially now that he's shown he won't get pushed around physically any more.

Absolutely agreed. Doesn't make sense this whole poll...

PKC wrote:
asq2 wrote:
Aetherial wrote:

Absolutely agreed. Doesn't make sense this whole poll...
theres only a maximum of ten choices, if there was more, obviously many other players would be added

asq2

All-Star
All-Star
Tukker wrote:theres only a maximum of ten choices, if there was more, obviously many other players would be added

Fair enough, but then Heatley definitely should not be on there. Datsyuk/Alfredsson > Heatley.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star
asq2 wrote:
Tukker wrote:theres only a maximum of ten choices, if there was more, obviously many other players would be added

Fair enough, but then Heatley definitely should not be on there. Datsyuk/Alfredsson > Heatley.

Easily, in terms of all-around ability.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum