GAME DAY #13: Jets @ Sens - 7:30pm EST - Thursday, Nov. 5, 2015

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13364
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: GAME DAY #13: Jets @ Sens - 7:30pm EST - Thursday, Nov. 5, 2015

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:35 am

Also am I the only one that feels that maybe puempel should be the one playing the top 6 and not Prince? I mean I understand they are trying to get Prince going but puempel is the one that seems to me that is getting the better chance. Even last game he seemed to create some good chance paired on that awful 4rth Line.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54632
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:37 am

Flo The Action wrote:We need a more convincing win. There hasn't been many this season which to me means we are scraping by. The jets are a very decent team and a convincing win(on home ice) would do wonders I would say into giving this team some confidence is sorely lacks.

I would play Wiercioch 40 minutes if I had to for him to put up some points and get some confidence going. Murray has given you the D to work with, so you better get them going somehow.

Wiercioch ended the season last year so well, I want to see him get some goals and get some confidence going.

Also - for the love of goodness, the wingers must get back deeper into the zone to help the Ds breakouts.

And finally...free Pageau. Put Pageau on the top line and let Lazar C the 3rd line. Pageau's too good to be Cussing around with Chiasson and Michalek - both of whom have what...4 points between them?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:38 am

Flo The Action wrote:Also am I the only one that feels that maybe puempel should be the one playing the top 6 and not Prince? I mean I understand they are trying to get Prince going but puempel is the one that seems to me that is getting the better chance. Even last game he seemed to create some good chance paired on that awful 4rth Line.

I understand both sides. Cameron is trying to see what player fits with Ryan and Z, but yes, Puempel should probably get a look there once in a while. At the VERY least he should see some time with Pageau on line 3.

I don't understand Cameron's fetish for Chiasson.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16501
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:53 am

Chiasson was pretty good last game. He doesn't have a fetish for Chiasson, he's just working with what he has. We're pretty thin on the wings.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:56 am

tim1_2 wrote:Chiasson was pretty good last game.  He doesn't have a fetish for Chiasson, he's just working with what he has.  We're pretty thin on the wings.

I dunno...Chiasson was good last game, no problems with that, but you have Puempel behind him who was legitimately good last year in his brief stint.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13364
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:17 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:We need a more convincing win. There hasn't been many this season which to me means we are scraping by. The jets are a very decent team and a convincing win(on home ice) would do wonders I would say into giving this team some confidence is sorely lacks.

I would play Wiercioch 40 minutes if I had to for him to put up some points and get some confidence going.  Murray has given you the D to work with, so you better get them going somehow.

Wiercioch ended the season last year so well, I want to see him get some goals and get some confidence going.

Also - for the love of goodness, the wingers must get back deeper into the zone to help the Ds breakouts.

And finally...free Pageau.  Put Pageau on the top line and let Lazar C the 3rd line.  Pageau's too good to be Cussing around with Chiasson and Michalek - both of whom have what...4 points between them?
    lazar should be sent to bingo. he doesn't hurt the team but i don't see him making any of those 2 lines better. the kid needs to develop his offense. it's not really coming along here.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48305
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:00 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:

I would play Wiercioch 40 minutes if I had to for him to put up some points and get some confidence going.  Murray has given you the D to work with, so you better get them going somehow.

And finally...free Pageau.  Put Pageau on the top line and let Lazar C the 3rd line.  Pageau's too good to be Cussing around with Chiasson and Michalek - both of whom have what...4 points between them?

I'd rather put Wiercioch on the 3rd pairing before giving him 40 minutes. He's not like a $7M player who's done it before many times and you want to kick start him. Wweircioch has had a half a good season, he still needs to earn his ice time. Cowen has played better, so reward him.

As for Pageau, agree completely. I don't think playing center (face offs and dishing out the puck) is what he excels in on that line -- don't think that line will suffer with Lazar in his place. Pageau has 4 goals (two shorties) and no assists; I'm pretty sure he'd have a couple assists if he got promoted to the top line instead of Lazar. I don't understand that move at all -- putting Lazar on the top line. Boggles the mind.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48305
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:01 pm

Yes, if there is a fetish, it's for Lazar.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:06 pm

wprager wrote:Yes, if there is a fetish, it's for Lazar.

D-Cam likes 'em young.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:30 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:Yes, if there is a fetish, it's for Lazar.

D-Cam likes 'em young.

'n' hungry!
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:57 pm

And this Lazar chap once ate a McDonald's burger. Right off the ice! Now that's hunger!
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:57 pm

wprager wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:

I'd rather put Wiercioch on the 3rd pairing before giving him 40 minutes.  He's not like a $7M player who's done it before many times and you want to kick start him.  Wweircioch has had a half a good season, he still needs to earn his ice time.  Cowen has played better, so reward him.

As for Pageau, agree completely.  I don't think playing center (face offs and dishing out the puck) is what he excels in on that line -- don't think that line will suffer with Lazar in his place.  Pageau has 4 goals (two shorties) and no assists; I'm pretty sure he'd have a couple assists if he got promoted to the top line instead of Lazar.  I don't understand that move at all -- putting Lazar on the top line.  Boggles the mind.

Cameron wants a net drive/presence at all times so Turris and Hoffman have more room. Pageau could do that, but not as well as Lazar, Chiasson or Stone can. Or maybe he could...I'd love to find out personally
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:40 pm

Always nice to see The Alfie.

Is it crazy that TSN has two play by play crews doing the game? One for the Jets region and one for the Sens region? Now that's service.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:00 pm

ZBad and Bobby R having very nice games against a tough opponent.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:07 pm

Cowen just took a big old dump on that Jets goal. He literally just fell down.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21017
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:08 pm

What a game by Lazar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player