GAME DAY #13: Jets @ Sens - 7:30pm EST - Thursday, Nov. 5, 2015

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: GAME DAY #13: Jets @ Sens - 7:30pm EST - Thursday, Nov. 5, 2015

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:07 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:Our stadium has become a tomb...

The young and hungry strategy has left the fans starving for a contender.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47977
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:26 pm

Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:There's zero point arguing/debating/whatever with W.P. Rager.  He's dead-set on focussing on the negatives and placing blame where it doesn't belong.

I certainly agree that our D needs to be better, but I think we've been saying this for years.  We're a young team and are just going to be inconsistent, and that's that.  Hopefully, we eventually make a move or two to bolster the young lineup, but there's no rush on that front since the team is collecting points.

Well that's a stinking pile of bullsh*t right there.  I pointed out who played well (Andy, Ryan, Zibanejad, etc.) but being outshot in the third period and OT by a team that was playing its second game in two nights is troubling.  It's no secret that the Sens are struggling at home and it has nothing to do with talent.  They simply don't seem to bring the same level of urgency to their play.  No idea why, but it is troubling.

It's great that we got a W but with a 2-0 lead on a tired team we should have run away with it.  

I know why - our fans are crap and the building is dead most nights.

So why does it not affect the other team?

they're on the road?

So why dos the rowdy crowd an away games affect the Sens positively but our quiet crowds don't affect visiting teams negatively?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:27 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:I for one can't wait to face the lowly hurricanes! Should be interesting to say the least!!!

I'm truly starting to hate that team.  Please, please can we beat them?  I can't remember last time we won in Raleigh but I remember oh so many losses.  The one that hurt the most was when they played after attending Daron's funeral and Eric Staal celebrated after a goal like he had just won the Cup.  

I don't know what it is about that place, but they play some of their worst hockey there.  It's bound to change, though.  
    You mean the last time we were there?

No, I meant before that.  Exclude the magical mystery comeback tour.
    Conveniently to prove your point.  

The GMhockey Walter fallacy

Hey, I do my best. Point is the Sens have stunk in Raleigh. Over the last 5 or 6 years they've won twice -- once in a shootout and once in OT. And Carolina has had some terrible teams over these years.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:28 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:Our stadium has become a tomb...

I'm telling ya, cheaper beer instead of those stupid "Make Noise" clips.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Carolina is playing tonight.  They are at home so they won't be traveling, but at least they'll be tired.  The Sens are catching some breaks. Interestingly, the Canes are playing Lack against Dallas so I assume Ward goes tomorrow against the Sens. I thought they'd play Ward against the harder opponent, but I guess they might be fattening him up for a trade.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16335
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:01 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:Home or away, win or lose, those Carolina games always seems painful to watch.

To make the worst of it, I have a buddy who is a big Carolina fan (ex-Hartford fan). We always go to the games, and it pretty much never goes well for me.

And who can forget the Joe Corvo hat trick?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:42 pm

I remember an epic Game 7 battle between Montreal and Hartford. It went to OT and I just couldn't take it. Was watching it at my friend's place and he and his room-mate stayed to watch while I went to the bedroom and watched McGyver or some similar show. A couple times they tried to fool me by shouting "Oh, no!" pretending the Habs lost. They ended up winning, of course. I used to really hate sudden death (in Russia we had timed OT periods, not sudden death).

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:32 am

wprager wrote:Carolina is playing tonight.  They are at home so they won't be traveling, but at least they'll be tired.  The Sens are catching some breaks.  Interestingly, the Canes are playing Lack against Dallas so I assume Ward goes tomorrow against the Sens.  I thought they'd play Ward against the harder opponent, but I guess they might be fattening him up for a trade.

And just barely taking advantage of those breaks.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16335
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:18 pm

wprager wrote:I remember an epic Game 7 battle between Montreal and Hartford.  It went to OT and I just couldn't take it.  Was watching it at my friend's place and he and his room-mate stayed to watch while I went to the bedroom and watched McGyver or some similar show.  A couple times they tried to fool me by shouting "Oh, no!" pretending the Habs lost.  They ended up winning, of course.  I used to really hate sudden death (in Russia we had timed OT periods, not sudden death).

For some reason I remember Russ Courtnall scoring in OT vs the Whalers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:34 am