General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12773
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:52 pm

Habs lose, it's a good night.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47523
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:39 am

Habs back down to earth? Huge come back for the Oilers (down 3-0 after one). Draisailt with the game winner -- he was just called up from the AHL, where he was struggling, apparently. McDavid with 2 assists is tied for 4th in the league for total points, he's now over a PPG.

If this team figures out how to win they could do a little damage. Imagine if they still had Petry. And a goalie.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:41 am

Dallas just 2 points back of the Habs with a game in hand. Who'd-a-thunk it.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:29 am

wprager wrote:Dallas just 2 points back of the Habs with a game in hand.  Who'd-a-thunk it.

Why is it surprising, Dallas has a way better roster
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16166
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:24 am

Yeah, and Dallas is getting competent goaltending now too.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20698
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:23 pm

Dallas stinks defensively. They won't keep it up.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:44 am

Ev wrote:Dallas stinks defensively. They won't keep it up.

So you're saying the Habs will win the President's Choice trophy?

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:52 am

NOt surprising that the Habs are so good when they score 6 goals and Pacioretty has 0 pts.
    Torey Mitchell and Dale Weise have 11 goals combined scratch
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12773
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:12 am

LeCaptain wrote:NOt surprising that the Habs are so good when they score 6 goals and Pacioretty has 0 pts.
    Torey Mitchell and Dale Weise have 11 goals combined scratch
    Ya that's insane. But it's not sustainable.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:54 pm

Yes, the Montreal Carey Prices could win the President's Trophy.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:29 am

So apparently Bob Murray out in Anaheim is shopping Cam Fowler around. He will only send him out East and wants a boatload for him. Boston needs help on D but do they have a "boatload" to trade? Wonder what it would take.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:42 am

tim1_2 wrote:Yes, the Montreal Carey Prices could win the President's Trophy.

Tokarski recalled from the AHL Ice Caps. Price out with the dreaded LBI. For goalies this is never good: ankle, knee, groin.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:00 pm

wprager wrote:

Tokarski recalled from the AHL Ice Caps.  Price out with the dreaded LBI.  For goalies this is never good: ankle, knee, groin.  

What a surprise. Cue the losses.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:04 pm

wprager wrote:So apparently Bob Murray out in Anaheim is shopping Cam Fowler around.  He will only send him out East and wants a boatload for him.  Boston needs help on D but do they have a "boatload" to trade?  Wonder what it would take.  

I know a team that could use a LHD in the east.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:05 pm

Ev wrote:Dallas stinks defensively. They won't keep it up.

Niemi looks good there. I'm assuming he'll be the hands-down starter there by January.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:06 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:

Tokarski recalled from the AHL Ice Caps.  Price out with the dreaded LBI.  For goalies this is never good: ankle, knee, groin.  

They already lost to Vancouver and Edmonton. Both with Price in goal. Condon is 3-0 in the regular season and was the best goalie in camp. Of course that was pre-season and he has yet to play a string of games as the #1 with an AHL goaltender as the backup. A different type of pressure.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:32 pm

wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:

They already lost to Vancouver and Edmonton.  Both with Price in goal.  Condon is 3-0 in the regular season and was the best goalie in camp.  Of course that was pre-season and he has yet to play a string of games as the #1 with an AHL goaltender as the backup.  A different type of pressure.

Well, unlike some people, I hope he's a miserable failure and the Habs lose every game for the rest of the season.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24742
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:11 pm

spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:

They already lost to Vancouver and Edmonton.  Both with Price in goal.  Condon is 3-0 in the regular season and was the best goalie in camp.  Of course that was pre-season and he has yet to play a string of games as the #1 with an AHL goaltender as the backup.  A different type of pressure.

Well, unlike some people, I hope he's a miserable failure and the Habs lose every game for the rest of the season.

Ditto.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:21 pm