You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Who knew that Leo Komarov was Finnish, eh?

SensHulk


All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:I wouldn't quite go that far, but I get where you're coming from.  Now if The Alfie was on Team Sweden, I'd be really divided.  

Can anyone name the one NHL team that doesn't have any players going to the Worlds?

I'm gonna guess Columbus?

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:Not a fan of any of the jerseys except Sweden.  As a Canadian, I'm not really digging our jerseys or new 'logo'.

And I agree.....that North America logo is hideous.  

The Tre Kronor is a classic, I like it, but, really, it's not all that fantastic.  Call me old fashioned but I like the Czech and Russian ones, Finland, too (not the one they have now because they made the crest tiny and SUOMI really large).  Interesting thing with the Czech one where they dropped the four-panel coat of arms and went with just the lion.

old:



new:

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I wouldn't quite go that far, but I get where you're coming from.  Now if The Alfie was on Team Sweden, I'd be really divided.  

Can anyone name the one NHL team that doesn't have any players going to the Worlds?

I'm gonna guess Columbus?

Carolina?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Yeah I spoke too soon, definitely czech and russian ones are slick.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Three Blue Jackets named to Team North America's roster for 2016 World Cup of Hockey

Also Bobrovsky.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:Yeah I spoke too soon, definitely czech and russian ones are slick.

Americans use the Bald Eagle in the presidential seal, why couldn't they come up with something along those lines? Didn't the Capitals do something eagle-related at one time?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:Yeah I spoke too soon, definitely czech and russian ones are slick.

That Czech lion should be holding a hockey stick, though.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Anyone have an idea of what the World Cup of Hockey log is meant to represent?




_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Oh, I think that's a graphic representing that hideous glass trophy.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:Yeah I spoke too soon, definitely czech and russian ones are slick.

Americans use the Bald Eagle in the presidential seal, why couldn't they come up with something along those lines?  Didn't the Capitals do something eagle-related at one time?

A great USA logo would be Wayne "Stars and Stripes" Gretzky's face superimposed on on a shield with the aforementioned stars and stripes and an eagle on top.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I wouldn't quite go that far, but I get where you're coming from.  Now if The Alfie was on Team Sweden, I'd be really divided.  

Can anyone name the one NHL team that doesn't have any players going to the Worlds?

I'm gonna guess Columbus?

Carolina?

Correct.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Drouin returns to the AHL. good move. go prove that you can play and you won't lose too much value. doubt he ever sees Tampa again but who knows. if he tears it up down there and tampa suffers some injuries and really need him.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:Drouin returns to the AHL. good move. go prove that you can play and you won't lose too much value. doubt he ever sees Tampa again but who knows. if he tears it up down there and tampa suffers some injuries and really need him.

Don't think he's eligible for the playoffs, though, as he wasn't on the roster at the deadline.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Drouin returns to the AHL. good move. go prove that you can play and you won't lose too much value. doubt he ever sees Tampa again but who knows. if he tears it up down there and tampa suffers some injuries and really need him.

Don't think he's eligible for the playoffs, though, as he wasn't on the roster at the deadline.
I wouldn't see why not. He was part of the team before then. He was only suspended. This isn't a new acquisition

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah,he can play in the playoffs.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Drouin returns to the AHL. good move. go prove that you can play and you won't lose too much value. doubt he ever sees Tampa again but who knows. if he tears it up down there and tampa suffers some injuries and really need him.

Don't think he's eligible for the playoffs, though, as he wasn't on the roster at the deadline.
I wouldn't see why not. He was part of the team before then. He was only suspended. This isn't a new acquisition

I know, I just wasn't sure if when a team suspends a player (as opposed to the league) if he's still considered to be on their 90-man reserve list.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
OK, in case anyone was wondering what a rink at Parliament Hell would look like, I took to google maps to measure the hill, and then add a standard NHL rink, shrunk to scale:


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum