General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47513
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:12 pm

Who knew that Leo Komarov was Finnish, eh?

Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8457
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Hoff-Machine on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:17 pm

tim1_2 wrote:I wouldn't quite go that far, but I get where you're coming from. Now if The Alfie was on Team Sweden, I'd be really divided.

Can anyone name the one NHL team that doesn't have any players going to the Worlds?

I'm gonna guess Columbus?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:19 pm

Michallica wrote:Not a fan of any of the jerseys except Sweden. As a Canadian, I'm not really digging our jerseys or new 'logo'.

And I agree.....that North America logo is hideous.

The Tre Kronor is a classic, I like it, but, really, it's not all that fantastic. Call me old fashioned but I like the Czech and Russian ones, Finland, too (not the one they have now because they made the crest tiny and SUOMI really large). Interesting thing with the Czech one where they dropped the four-panel coat of arms and went with just the lion.

old:

new:
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:24 pm

Michallica wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:I wouldn't quite go that far, but I get where you're coming from. Now if The Alfie was on Team Sweden, I'd be really divided.

Can anyone name the one NHL team that doesn't have any players going to the Worlds?

Carolina?

Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8457
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:25 pm

Yeah I spoke too soon, definitely czech and russian ones are slick.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Three Blue Jackets named to Team North America's roster for 2016 World Cup of Hockey

Also Bobrovsky.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:28 pm

Michallica wrote:Yeah I spoke too soon, definitely czech and russian ones are slick.

Americans use the Bald Eagle in the presidential seal, why couldn't they come up with something along those lines? Didn't the Capitals do something eagle-related at one time?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:29 pm

Michallica wrote:Yeah I spoke too soon, definitely czech and russian ones are slick.

That Czech lion should be holding a hockey stick, though.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:35 pm

Anyone have an idea of what the World Cup of Hockey log is meant to represent?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:35 pm

Oh, I think that's a graphic representing that hideous glass trophy.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24741
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:45 pm

wprager wrote:

Americans use the Bald Eagle in the presidential seal, why couldn't they come up with something along those lines? Didn't the Capitals do something eagle-related at one time?

A great USA logo would be Wayne "Stars and Stripes" Gretzky's face superimposed on on a shield with the aforementioned stars and stripes and an eagle on top.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16159
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:48 pm

wprager wrote:
    Michallica wrote:

Carolina?

Correct.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12764
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:52 pm

Drouin returns to the AHL. good move. go prove that you can play and you won't lose too much value. doubt he ever sees Tampa again but who knows. if he tears it up down there and tampa suffers some injuries and really need him.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:40 pm

Flo The Action wrote:Drouin returns to the AHL. good move. go prove that you can play and you won't lose too much value. doubt he ever sees Tampa again but who knows. if he tears it up down there and tampa suffers some injuries and really need him.

Don't think he's eligible for the playoffs, though, as he wasn't on the roster at the deadline.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12764
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:52 pm

wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:Drouin returns to the AHL. good move. go prove that you can play and you won't lose too much value. doubt he ever sees Tampa again but who knows. if he tears it up down there and tampa suffers some injuries and really need him.

Don't think he's eligible for the playoffs, though, as he wasn't on the roster at the deadline.
    I wouldn't see why not. He was part of the team before then. He was only suspended. This isn't a new acquisition
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16159
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Yeah,he can play in the playoffs.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:00 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:

I wouldn't see why not. He was part of the team before then. He was only suspended. This isn't a new acquisition

I know, I just wasn't sure if when a team suspends a player (as opposed to the league) if he's still considered to be on their 90-man reserve list.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:53 pm

OK, in case anyone was wondering what a rink at Parliament Hell would look like, I took to google maps to measure the hill, and then add a standard NHL rink, shrunk to scale:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:56 am