You are not connected. Please login or register

DAY #15: Sens @ Predators - 8:00pm - Tuesday Nov. 10 2015

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

LeCaptain


All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:i would trade any forward for a top pairing defenseman.
Nope! We are short on top end forwards. But I do agree we do need a stron D in there and that's our top priority.


We probably have 4-5 better forwards than Nashville other than Forsberg and yet everyone and their mother will tell you they are a better hockey team.

LeCaptain


All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I thin k the sens make a trade very soon for a Columbus Calgary or Colorado .  I'd kill for jack Johnson or Kris Russell
Columbus is dying for some D , why would they trade one of their better ones?
Calgary... Maybe. I'm not sure if Russell feels like a sexy trade to me but maybe.

Come on Bryan we need a Turris like home run!

Kriss Russel is awesome, he probably blocks more than shots than our whole D corps combined.

asq2


All-Star
All-Star
Yeah Russell was a great pick-up for my fantasy team. At the same time you kind of wonder how long a player that size could keep up sacrificing his body like that.

Who would you offer for Russell? I wouldn't touch our top-line, and I'm reticent to move Zibanejad or Lazar (less so Lazar). I doubt Wiercioch + Puempel/Prince + a pick gets it done though -- isn't he an alternate captain for Calgary? I think they're more likely to try to move Wideman. I guess you could package Lazar and hope that Colin White can step in soon (and Nick Paul I suppose).

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:Too bad worst rand left,  he'd be up here right now.

I tried running that through Google Translate and it couldn't understand that, either. Are you talking about Wikstrand, perhaps? I'd much rather give Claesson a shot, at least he will recognize the ice surface.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Well I only watched until the early goings of the third. I thought last 2-goals wins it and I guess I was right (then they added the third one just to rub it in). If Weircioch doesn't sit after that one I don't know what it takes. He was -3, and that's not counting the powerplay goal he gave them by clearing the puck over the glass. I don't get it, he was on the left side, so should have been on his forehand, and I don't think there was *that much* pressure. The only time pressure can be used as an excuse for clearing the puck like that is if the guy's on top of you, in which case you should at least try to deflect it off his stick.

On one of the goals he got pushed from behind into the boards. Not sure I cam blame him entirely for that one, as I've seen that same play many times before with a penalty coming out of it. But he's got to be stronger on his skates, for sure.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
So Anderson has two great games in a row (Montreal and Winnipeg) and, without a back-to-back game in sight, Cameron goes with Hammond. I don't think anyone understood that move at the time. Shades of MacLean with Lehner? Doubt it had much to do with Anderson's performance tonight, but it's still a strange move to make.

Two wins, then two losses. Two chances to run a 3 game winning streak with a loss each time. This team is eerily similar to MacLean's team last year.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:So Anderson has two great games in a row (Montreal and Winnipeg) and, without a back-to-back game in sight, Cameron goes with Hammond.  I don't think anyone understood that move at the time.  Shades of MacLean with Lehner?  Doubt it had much to do with Anderson's performance tonight, but it's still a strange move to make.

Two wins, then two losses.  Two chances to run a 3 game winning streak with a loss each time.  This team is eerily similar to MacLean's team last year.

We're better than macleans team. We're in a playoff spot. Also starting Hammond was clearly the right call. He has had success against Carolina and Aderson needs a break at some point. You weren't starting Hammond against Nashville.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
asq2 wrote:Yeah Russell was a great pick-up for my fantasy team. At the same time you kind of wonder how long a player that size could keep up sacrificing his body like that.

Who would you offer for Russell? I wouldn't touch our top-line, and I'm reticent to move Zibanejad or Lazar (less so Lazar). I doubt Wiercioch + Puempel/Prince + a pick gets it done though -- isn't he an alternate captain for Calgary? I think they're more likely to try to move Wideman. I guess you could package Lazar and hope that Colin White can step in soon (and Nick Paul I suppose).

I'd rather trade zibanejad over lazar. But I wouldn't want to trade either at this point. I think you just package your 1st round pick and Wiercioch to grab a d.

LeCaptain

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Yeah no need for a 1st round pick right now with Chabot and White, Paul etc. I'd trade it any day because I believe in our prospects.
Cowen was good until he was paired with Boro.
Wiercioch and Boro are not NHL D-men.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
LeCaptain wrote:Yeah no need for a 1st round pick right now with Chabot and White, Paul etc. I'd trade it any day because I believe in our prospects.
Cowen was good until he was paired with Boro.
Wiercioch and Boro are not NHL D-men.

I think Boro is and he's just a sophomore, but he's obviously just an average to below average one and he's getting paid like it

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:So Anderson has two great games in a row (Montreal and Winnipeg) and, without a back-to-back game in sight, Cameron goes with Hammond.  I don't think anyone understood that move at the time.  Shades of MacLean with Lehner?  Doubt it had much to do with Anderson's performance tonight, but it's still a strange move to make.

Two wins, then two losses.  Two chances to run a 3 game winning streak with a loss each time.  This team is eerily similar to MacLean's team last year.

We're better than macleans team. We're in a playoff spot. Also starting Hammond was clearly the right call. He has had success against Carolina and Aderson needs a break at some point. You weren't starting Hammond against Nashville.

What's wrong with giving Andy 7 in a row?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Yeah no need for a 1st round pick right now with Chabot and White, Paul etc. I'd trade it any day because I believe in our prospects.
Cowen was good until he was paired with Boro.
Wiercioch and Boro are not NHL D-men.

I think Boro is and he's just a sophomore, but he's obviously just an average to below average one and he's getting paid like it

Boro is what he is. Cameron is trying to use him as if he was something else.

Play him on the third pairing, on his left side, against teams that are bigger and slower. Sit him against smaller, faster teams. *DO NOT* make him play his wrong side. *DO NOT* pay him with another non-puck-moving defenseman.

It's not all on Weircioch, either. He wasn't great last night, true, but is he really playing any differently than he did last year or is it Ceci who has regressed a bit? Perhaps a little from both. Maybe they need to play a little less? Maybe it's time to split up Karlsson and Methot and play 65-46 and 5-3 as the 1A/1B pairings, then 43-75 or 45-2 at the bottom.

Short-term, though, Weircioch needs to come out after last night. Move Cowen up to play with Ceci and Wideman-Borowiecki in the bottom pairing.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

LeCaptain

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Yeah no need for a 1st round pick right now with Chabot and White, Paul etc. I'd trade it any day because I believe in our prospects.
Cowen was good until he was paired with Boro.
Wiercioch and Boro are not NHL D-men.

I think Boro is and he's just a sophomore, but he's obviously just an average to below average one and he's getting paid like it

He would be fine on a team with a very good top 4, but when you have 3 other players still trying to find their way playing with him, it isn't pretty. How many teams have 3 defensemen that have question marks as to what will they bring to the table season after season?

Methot is our only complete defenseman, everyone else is average to awful in at least one category, either skating, hockey sense, toughness, passing etc.
If we had another Methot-like defenseman it would change the team drastically.

Nashville's defense had 23 shots on goal last night. As I watched the game I was wondering why the forwards were always caught down low instead of covering the points. Turns out the wingers were busy double teaming with the defesemen because they probably didn't trust them



Last edited by LeCaptain on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Yeah no need for a 1st round pick right now with Chabot and White, Paul etc. I'd trade it any day because I believe in our prospects.
Cowen was good until he was paired with Boro.
Wiercioch and Boro are not NHL D-men.

I think Boro is and he's just a sophomore, but he's obviously just an average to below average one and he's getting paid like it

Boro is what he is. Cameron is trying to use him as if he was something else.

Play him on the third pairing, on his left side, against teams that are bigger and slower.  Sit him against smaller, faster teams.  *DO NOT* make him play his wrong side.  *DO NOT* pay him with another non-puck-moving defenseman.

It's not all on Weircioch, either.  He wasn't great last night, true, but is he really playing any differently than he did last year or is it Ceci who has regressed a bit?  Perhaps a little from both.  Maybe they need to play a little less?  Maybe it's time to split up Karlsson and Methot and play 65-46 and 5-3 as the 1A/1B pairings, then 43-75 or 45-2 at the bottom.  

Short-term, though, Weircioch needs to come out after last night.  Move Cowen up to play with Ceci and Wideman-Borowiecki in the bottom pairing.

Cowen played with Ceci yesterday, Boro played with Wiercioch.

LeCaptain

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Just looked at the stats. 5th best offense in the league, 3rd worst defense.
Please tell me Murray is working the phones.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
LeCaptain wrote:Just looked at the stats. 5th best offense in the league, 3rd worst defense.
Please tell me Murray is working the phones.

My sources say he's going "All in."

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:So Anderson has two great games in a row (Montreal and Winnipeg) and, without a back-to-back game in sight, Cameron goes with Hammond.  I don't think anyone understood that move at the time.  Shades of MacLean with Lehner?  Doubt it had much to do with Anderson's performance tonight, but it's still a strange move to make.

Two wins, then two losses.  Two chances to run a 3 game winning streak with a loss each time.  This team is eerily similar to MacLean's team last year.

Why are you even talking about goaltending when it hasn't been a problem? Hammond stole a point for us in Carolina and Anderson's been very good with the exception of last night. Your fixation on the goalies sometimes is so far off it's just silly. The problem is our team defence, and that's that.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
LeCaptain wrote:Just looked at the stats. 5th best offense in the league, 3rd worst defense.
Please tell me Murray is working the phones.

Yeah, it's time to get going. We're a strong offensive team with 2 legitimate D-men and 1 up and comer in Ceci. We have a good number 6, but this team is missing a number 3 man in a huge way.

Problem is...they're hard to get.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum