GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Share

    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13614
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:00 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Ev wrote:Wiercioch is the sens worst d by a mile


    Time for trades. Lots of 'em.

    Let's do this thang!

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by Ev on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:01 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:murray has to be close to pulling some sort of trigger. i mean this season is getting out of control fast.

    Don't know if you.pve checked but were second in our division.

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:04 pm

    Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:murray has to be close to pulling some sort of trigger. i mean this season is getting out of control fast.

    Don't know if you.pve checked but were second in our division.
    thats a testament of how crap our division is and how many looser points we are managing. point is we crap the bed constantly. do we look like a contender? do we? not Cussing likely.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by LeCaptain on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:08 pm

    We're 2nd in the division and I believe it's fair to say that nobody, including the team, coaching staff, fans and media are really happy with the way we play.

    We need to stabilize that defense no matter where we are in the standings.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10065
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by spader on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:41 pm

    LeCaptain wrote:Also Pageau needs to eat more he stopped skating and hitting.

    Seriously. He was flying at first. He needs to get back to his game.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by Ev on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:44 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:murray has to be close to pulling some sort of trigger. i mean this season is getting out of control fast.

    Don't know if you.pve checked but were second in our division.
    thats a testament of how crap our division is and how many looser points we are managing. point is we crap the bed constantly. do we look like a contender? do we? not Cussing likely.

    The point is your statement was very incorrect and filled with hyperbole. A season getting out of control would be what the jackets or oilers are going through.

    Loser points count. This team is loaded with offense so that does make them a contender
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by Ev on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:45 pm

    LeCaptain wrote:We're 2nd in the division and I believe it's fair to say that nobody, including the team, coaching staff, fans and media are really happy with the way we play.

    We need to stabilize that defense no matter where we are in the standings.

    I'm pretty happy. We score goals and are second in the division. They will get better so that makes me even more happy.

    I don't care how we play as long as we get points
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:52 pm

    Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:murray has to be close to pulling some sort of trigger. i mean this season is getting out of control fast.

    Don't know if you.pve checked but were second in our division.
    thats a testament of how crap our division is and how many looser points we are managing. point is we crap the bed constantly. do we look like a contender? do we? not Cussing likely.

    The point is your statement was very incorrect and filled with hyperbole. A season getting out of control would be what the jackets or oilers are going through.

    Loser points count. This team is loaded with offense so that does make them a contender
    been taking pointers from prags I see.

    this team is nothing near a contender no matter how many points we get if this is the way our D is gonna play. at this rate if we keep playing the way we play we are barely in the playoffs and looking at a sweep on our way to the golfing season.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:53 pm

    on another note. wideman? you cannot take this guy out.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by LeCaptain on Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:19 am

    Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:We're 2nd in the division and I believe it's fair to say that nobody, including the team, coaching staff, fans and media are really happy with the way we play.

    We need to stabilize that defense no matter where we are in the standings.

    I'm pretty happy. We score goals and are second in the division. They will get better so that makes me even more happy.

    I don't care how we play as long as we get points

    You're different. We would get swept in the first round and you'd be happy for the next season lol.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:08 am

    LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:We're 2nd in the division and I believe it's fair to say that nobody, including the team, coaching staff, fans and media are really happy with the way we play.

    We need to stabilize that defense no matter where we are in the standings.

    I'm pretty happy. We score goals and are second in the division. They will get better so that makes me even more happy.

    I don't care how we play as long as we get points

    You're different. We would get swept in the first round and you'd be happy for the next season lol.
    "Different" Sarcasm
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16331
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:59 am

    It's unfortunate that our bottom 4 D are terrible right now, while our #1 D is prone to the odd defensive lapse...so really, there is no "shutdown" pairing or anything even close to that. It's just the wild west out there and you hope we can outscore the competition.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by wprager on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:26 am

    Flo The Action wrote:murray has to be close to pulling some sort of trigger. i mean this season is getting out of control fast.

    Which way is he pointing the gun?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by wprager on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:27 am

    Flo The Action wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:murray has to be close to pulling some sort of trigger. i mean this season is getting out of control fast.

    Don't know if you.pve checked but were second in our division.
    thats a testament of how crap our division is and how many looser points we are managing. point is we crap the bed constantly. do we look like a contender? do we? not Cussing likely.

    The point is your statement was very incorrect and filled with hyperbole. A season getting out of control would be what the jackets or oilers are going through.

    Loser points count. This team is loaded with offense so that does make them a contender
    been taking pointers from prags I see.

    this team is nothing near a contender no matter how many points we get if this is the way our D is gonna play. at this rate if we keep playing the way we play we are barely in the playoffs and looking at a sweep on our way to the golfing season.

    WTF Again! We're in 2nd because the rest of the Atlantic is pathetic, but if we continue like this we won't be in 2nd for long.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by wprager on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:32 am

    Boston and Buffalo are just 4 back, Boston has 2 games in hand and Buffalo has 1. Florida and Detroit are just 2 points back; Tampa as well, although we've got 2 games in hand on them.

    Point is a 2-game winning streak by a couple of those teams and we could go from 2nd to outside of a wildcard spot.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by wprager on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:38 am

    tim1_2 wrote:It's unfortunate that our bottom 4 D are terrible right now, while our #1 D is prone to the odd defensive lapse...so really, there is no "shutdown" pairing or anything even close to that. It's just the wild west out there and you hope we can outscore the competition.

    He missed a hip-check. Still forced him to the outside where his only play was to go around the net, and Methot had him on the other side. If Anderson is in Beast Mode then the first two goals don't go in. Hell, on the first one, *any* NHL goalie should have stopped that.

    But the real stink on this team is how they let the momentum just go. After Ryan scored late to tie it up, you figure that's it, against all those odds (Chiasson getting the slash call in the last 5 minutes when numerous ones didn't get called earlier) they came back and tied it, the pendulum has swung all the way over to the other side. And then they lay an egg in OT. Awful.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16331
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:49 am

    Yeah, that first goal was awful and put us in a tough spot. That's pretty much exclusively on Matrix (who later kept us within reach in the 3rd)...although Karlsson's play there was beyond soft. Despite the points we're somehow managing to pick up, there's no doubt that our defensive needs improvement, and soon, if we're going to make the playoffs.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54432
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:50 am

    Always good to pick up points when we're clearly not playing our best

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY #18: Red Wings @ Sens - 7:30pm - Monday Nov. 16 2015

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:04 am