GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Share

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54441
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:01 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Doesn't Mclenney have a ridiculous record vs Ottawa?

    Seriously though, no, he is 1-3 versus us in his career.

    Interesting. It must be someone else I'm thinking of.

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16335
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:02 pm

    TheAvatar wrote:Cowen is not making any friends :

    Jared Cowen says he’s not interested in what Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray has to say.

    Cowen, who received loud criticism from Murray Wednesday for his early-season play, says he’s not focussed on Murray’s comments.

    “I don’t hear it because I don’t pay attention to that stuff because it doesn’t really matter,” said Cowen, who will be a healthy scratch for Thursday’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

    http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/cowen-sits-out-but-has-blinders-on-to-murray-criticism

    Cowen continues to demonstrate that he's an idiot everytime he opens his mouth.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by wprager on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:02 pm

    Cowen needs to take a communications course. Or two. Or just keep his mouth shut.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54441
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:04 pm

    TheAvatar wrote:Cowen is not making any friends :

    Jared Cowen says he’s not interested in what Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray has to say.

    Cowen, who received loud criticism from Murray Wednesday for his early-season play, says he’s not focussed on Murray’s comments.

    “I don’t hear it because I don’t pay attention to that stuff because it doesn’t really matter,” said Cowen, who will be a healthy scratch for Thursday’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

    http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/cowen-sits-out-but-has-blinders-on-to-murray-criticism



    It doesn't really help anyone for Murray to be critical of players, if Murray wants to be critical he should approach the coaching staff or talk to Cowen privately.

    I kind of agree with Cowen, he can't listen to anyone except the coaching staff.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16335
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:07 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:Cowen is not making any friends :

    Jared Cowen says he’s not interested in what Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray has to say.

    Cowen, who received loud criticism from Murray Wednesday for his early-season play, says he’s not focussed on Murray’s comments.

    “I don’t hear it because I don’t pay attention to that stuff because it doesn’t really matter,” said Cowen, who will be a healthy scratch for Thursday’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

    http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/cowen-sits-out-but-has-blinders-on-to-murray-criticism



    It doesn't really help anyone for Murray to be critical of players, if Murray wants to be critical he should approach the coaching staff or talk to Cowen privately.

    I kind of agree with Cowen, he can't listen to anyone except the coaching staff.  

    Murray just tells it like it is most of the time. Cowen knows he needs to play better. All he needs to say in this situation is something like, "Yeah, our GM is right, I need to be better" and that's that. Saying that your GM's criticism "doesn't matter" is absolutely brain-dead.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by wprager on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:10 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:Cowen is not making any friends :

    Jared Cowen says he’s not interested in what Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray has to say.

    Cowen, who received loud criticism from Murray Wednesday for his early-season play, says he’s not focussed on Murray’s comments.

    “I don’t hear it because I don’t pay attention to that stuff because it doesn’t really matter,” said Cowen, who will be a healthy scratch for Thursday’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

    http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/cowen-sits-out-but-has-blinders-on-to-murray-criticism



    It doesn't really help anyone for Murray to be critical of players, if Murray wants to be critical he should approach the coaching staff or talk to Cowen privately.

    I kind of agree with Cowen, he can't listen to anyone except the coaching staff.  

    Regardless of whether you agree with him or not, that's not what you say when there is a microphone around.

    And how do we know that Cameron hasn't already talked to him? He's yelled at pretty much everyone in practice. Maybe Murray is doing this because Cowen (and others?) simply were not listening to Cameron.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by wprager on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:13 pm

    Cowen simply does not realize that they only reason he's been getting ice time is because of Murray. To say he doesn't really care what he's saying is so ridiculously stupid that I'm now of a firm belief that Jared Cowen isn't just missing Hockey IQ; he's just missing IQ. Dumber than cattle and uglier than a mule, in a game where smaller, mobile puck-moving defensemen are becoming increasingly more common.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2728
    Age : 50
    Location : Colorado springs, colorado
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by TheAvatar on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:24 pm

    wprager wrote:Cowen simply does not realize that they only reason he's been getting ice time is because of Murray.  To say he doesn't really care what he's saying is so ridiculously stupid that I'm now of a firm belief that Jared Cowen isn't just missing Hockey IQ; he's just missing IQ. Dumber than cattle and uglier than a mule, in a game where smaller, mobile puck-moving defensemen are becoming increasingly more common.

    That's strong language ... but essentially, yeah, this guy doesn't appear to be very smart. I wonder if he got an immediate call from his agent ... Smile
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13131
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:27 pm

    wprager wrote:Cowen simply does not realize that they only reason he's been getting ice time is because of Murray.  To say he doesn't really care what he's saying is so ridiculously stupid that I'm now of a firm belief that Jared Cowen isn't just missing Hockey IQ; he's just missing IQ. Dumber than cattle and uglier than a mule, in a game where smaller, mobile puck-moving defensemen are becoming increasingly more common.
    Yeah I think you might be right. I don't think Cowen has shown much of a spark in that head of his. At best he's OK on the third pairing. I'm not sure I'd be much more comfortable with him taking wier's place either. At least with Wier you feel it's a lack of confidence in himself that lead to stupid plays. That also migh make him never be much of a great NHLer either.
    avatar
    Urkie
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 638
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by Urkie on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:35 pm

    wprager wrote:Cowen simply does not realize that they only reason he's been getting ice time is because of Murray.  To say he doesn't really care what he's saying is so ridiculously stupid that I'm now of a firm belief that Jared Cowen isn't just missing Hockey IQ; he's just missing IQ. Dumber than cattle and uglier than a mule, in a game where smaller, mobile puck-moving defensemen are becoming increasingly more common.

    He may have just bought himself a ticket out of town and at the very least has done himself no favors what so ever. I think he likely wants a change of scenery. I've never been a fan of his attitude either.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10065
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by spader on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:44 pm

    Urkie wrote:
    wprager wrote:Cowen simply does not realize that they only reason he's been getting ice time is because of Murray.  To say he doesn't really care what he's saying is so ridiculously stupid that I'm now of a firm belief that Jared Cowen isn't just missing Hockey IQ; he's just missing IQ. Dumber than cattle and uglier than a mule, in a game where smaller, mobile puck-moving defensemen are becoming increasingly more common.

    He may have just bought himself a ticket out of town and at the very least has done himself no favors what so ever. I think he likely wants a change of scenery. I've never been a fan of his attitude either.

    To Edmonton with him!
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16335
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:46 pm

    Here you go...the right way (Wiercioch) and the wrong way (Cowen) to deal with Murray's comments:

    http://www.tsn.ca/cowen-wiercioch-have-different-takes-on-murray-s-challenge-1.396459
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:05 pm

    Could be out of context, but it does sound like he's frustrated that he got scratched for tonight's game.  

    What bothered me more was this statement:
    "It's hard to play when you're thinking about getting pulled out of the lineup and all that kind of extra junk," Cowen admitted. "I haven't missed a game yet so it's not like it's been bothering me, so I haven't had to think about sitting out. So hopefully, this is a one-and-done thing."

    Sounds pretty self-entitled.  I see his point but this is the NHL, it's ultra competitive so if you're not performing up to snuff, u need to sit out.  The guy has gotten ample opportunities in ottawa to stick and be a regular top 4, so murray shouldn't be opposed to trading him. Since that relatively ugly contract negotiation, it's been pretty much downhill between the sens and cowen.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54441
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:46 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:Cowen is not making any friends :

    Jared Cowen says he’s not interested in what Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray has to say.

    Cowen, who received loud criticism from Murray Wednesday for his early-season play, says he’s not focussed on Murray’s comments.

    “I don’t hear it because I don’t pay attention to that stuff because it doesn’t really matter,” said Cowen, who will be a healthy scratch for Thursday’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

    http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/cowen-sits-out-but-has-blinders-on-to-murray-criticism



    It doesn't really help anyone for Murray to be critical of players, if Murray wants to be critical he should approach the coaching staff or talk to Cowen privately.

    I kind of agree with Cowen, he can't listen to anyone except the coaching staff.  

    Murray just tells it like it is most of the time.  Cowen knows he needs to play better.  All he needs to say in this situation is something like, "Yeah, our GM is right, I need to be better" and that's that.  Saying that your GM's criticism "doesn't matter" is absolutely brain-dead.

    wprager wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:Cowen is not making any friends :

    Jared Cowen says he’s not interested in what Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray has to say.

    Cowen, who received loud criticism from Murray Wednesday for his early-season play, says he’s not focussed on Murray’s comments.

    “I don’t hear it because I don’t pay attention to that stuff because it doesn’t really matter,” said Cowen, who will be a healthy scratch for Thursday’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

    http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/cowen-sits-out-but-has-blinders-on-to-murray-criticism



    It doesn't really help anyone for Murray to be critical of players, if Murray wants to be critical he should approach the coaching staff or talk to Cowen privately.

    I kind of agree with Cowen, he can't listen to anyone except the coaching staff.  

    Regardless of whether you agree with him or not, that's not what you say when there is a microphone around.

    And how do we know that Cameron hasn't already talked to him?  He's yelled at pretty much everyone in practice.  Maybe Murray is doing this because Cowen (and others?) simply were not listening to Cameron.

    How many times has Murray said something that he probably shouldn't have though? Whether it's a guy who wants out of town, or a guy not playing up to snuff. He needs to do it behind closed doors, I'm a firm believer in that.

    That said, if Murray was the only one who likes Cowen...Cowen might be in trouble from here on...
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16335
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:52 pm

    Murray didn't say anything anyone didn't already know. He said they have to play better. Everyone's been saying that. All the fault here is at Cowen's feet.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54441
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:53 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:Murray didn't say anything anyone didn't already know.  He said they have to play better.  Everyone's been saying that.  All the fault here is at Cowen's feet.

    He is what he is. He's a great builder and a decent GM, but he's a meddler. Always has been.
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:43 pm

    Not denying murray's ability to meddle in coaching affairs, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with him mentioning that both weircioch and cowen need to be better. He's just being honest. We've seen far worse from murray
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:51 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:Murray didn't say anything anyone didn't already know.  He said they have to play better.  Everyone's been saying that.  All the fault here is at Cowen's feet.


    Nothing new for Cowen since he wasn't saying the "right things" when he was scratched last year either.

    I personally think Cowen is a touch better than he was at that time last year for sure but I guess the organization feels like it's time to turn up the heat.

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY #19: Blue Jackets @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Nov. 19 2015

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:31 am