Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24747
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock?

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:21 am

Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:I like fraggle rock.  Does that count?

Of course.
    So underrated.  Those guys were crazier than motorhead. They were crunching on crystal method all the time.

That's what fueled and enhanced their creative and innovative sound and also spelled their demise.

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:27 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:What about Buddy Rich, there's nothing like Jazz when it comes to drumming.

What about that kid from Whiplash?

Give him credit, he can actually play.
    Should have started a band instead of playing in Fantastic Four Laugh1

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:04 pm

LeCaptain wrote:What about Buddy Rich, there's nothing like Jazz when it comes to drumming.

One of my personal favourites on the whole entire internet:

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:17 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.
    So underrated.  Those guys were crazier than motorhead. They were crunching on crystal method all the time.

Speaking of Motorhead, you surely know that Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister was part of progsters, Hawkwind.

more to come
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16236
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:04 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Wow. When they duel there part way through my mind exploded. slowclap
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:16 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Wow. When they duel there part way through my mind exploded. slowclap

If the drumming doesn't get you, the trippy split-screen will.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12882
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:52 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

Speaking of Motorhead, you surely know that Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister was part of progsters, Hawkwind.

more to come
    I sure do. Actually saw lemmy perform the song motorhead with hawkwind when they played a show with both bands at wembly arena years ago.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come
    I sure do. Actually saw lemmy perform the song motorhead with hawkwind when they played a show with both bands at wembly arena years ago.

Anyone see Motorhead when they played in Ottawa about 10 years ago? If so, you have me to thank. There's a whole story there, but it's true.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:19 pm

spader wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

Anyone see Motorhead when they played in Ottawa about 10 years ago? If so, you have me to thank. There's a whole story there, but it's true.

I believe that was at the Capital City Music Hall or whatever they called it.

I also saw Motorhead open for Alice Cooper in 1988 for what was billed the "Valentine's Day Massacre." Memories.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:34 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    spader wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

I also saw Motorhead open for Alice Cooper in 1988 for what was billed the "Valentine's Day Massacre." Memories.

Was that the show where priestess opened up for it? Suprisingly enough i was at that show in ottawa.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47627
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:23 am

I don't think we are discussing progressive rock anymore.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:06 pm

wprager wrote:I don't think we are discussing progressive rock anymore.

Not so fast:

Did he?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/12/rushs-neil-peart-says-hes-retired-from-music/

Or didn't he?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/geddy-lee-neil-peart-retire-comment/

more to come
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:11 pm

wprager wrote:I don't think we are discussing progressive rock anymore.
    actually priestess second album is very prog influenced. So still on topic.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:40 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    spader wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

It was at Capital City. Long story short, I worked with a guy that knew their lighting guy. We talked about how long it had been since Motorhead played Ottawa (they used to play Montreal every couple years, but usually skipped Ottawa), and I decided to work on getting a show together. He got me in touch with their agency. I secured funding and identified Cap as the best venue. I had to offer them the show because their promoters had an exclusivity contract with Cap. They passed and while I was still talking to the agent in California, they swooped in and booked it for themselves, cutting me and my partners out of the show. Shawn Scallen was the head of the promotions company and will forever be my enemy. I'm certain he doesn't know who I am.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:56 pm

spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    spader wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

It was at Capital City. Long story short, I worked with a guy that knew their lighting guy. We talked about how long it had been since Motorhead played Ottawa (they used to play Montreal every couple years, but usually skipped Ottawa), and I decided to work on getting a show together. He got me in touch with their agency. I secured funding and identified Cap as the best venue. I had to offer them the show because their promoters had an exclusivity contract with Cap. They passed and while I was still talking to the agent in California, they swooped in and booked it for themselves, cutting me and my partners out of the show. Shawn Scallen was the head of the promotions company and will forever be my enemy. I'm certain he doesn't know who I am.

I admire you for your industriousness and initiative. I wish I had done something along those lines. I'd probably calling myself SeawaySensFan K. SeawaySensFan by now (see: Donald K. Donald).

Speaking of best venues, last time WASP was to play Barrymore's, Blackie Lawless apparently checked out the venue during the daytime, in disguise, and didn't like what he saw so he cancelled the show.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47627
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:27 pm

Bygones, spader. Hate leads to the Dark Side.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:47 pm

spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    spader wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

Oh man, you have no idea how many enemies shawn scallen has made over the years.... Self serving elitist.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:49 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    spader wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

Oh man, you have no idea how many enemies shawn scallen has made over the years.... Self serving elitist.

I actually do have some idea. I was involved in the scene for quite a few years. He's the worst.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:45 am