You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #21: Sens @ Stars - 8:30pm - Tuesday Nov. 24 2015

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Looks like Weircioch being sidelined has done this team a world of good.
Still some work to be done with the D. They gave the stars way too much space in the defencive zone. They do have some brilliant players.

Nice to see spezza get 0 points

The D certainly isn't an immediate concern anymore though is it? I understand we're allowing a lot of shots still and were just allowed 4 goals but it was against a pretty powerful offense. Another top 4 D would be nice I just don't think it's required.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:the two hottest defencemen in the league face-off tonight!
but still, we are gonna get :rp:!!! it especially hurts as Jason spezza will be the giving end.

please prove me wrong!

22 points up for grabs and they get 1 each. They hardly factored on the scoreboard. Weird.

In other news, JGP!

Disagree. Klngberg factored huge on a couple of the Sens' goals.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Sens were opportunistic against suspect goaltending and offense-first defense. Don't forget this Dallas team has lost twice to the Leafs. Not doing well against Ontario. On to Colorado and the (possible) return of Colin Greening.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
What a weird, wild game. Nice to see this team rounding into shape a little more lately. How often do you get 7 goals on 20 shots? Anyway, another big W.

Pageau, in addition to the 3 points, was also 13-8 on faceoffs to lead the team.

Was Spezza even playing? All I remember is his penalty.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:What a weird, wild game.  Nice to see this team rounding into shape a little more lately.  How often do you get 7 goals on 20 shots?  Anyway, another big W.  

Pageau, in addition to the 3 points, was also 13-8 on faceoffs to lead the team.

Was Spezza even playing?  All I remember is his penalty.

In three games against the Sens that PIM was the first time he got on the score-sheet.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
That save just before Hoffman's empty-netter was MONEY!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CUpPa3KWsAAoSd8.mp4


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:That save just before Hoffman's empty-netter was MONEY!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CUpPa3KWsAAoSd8.mp4

As I've been saying for years, Matrix is awesome, especially when you consider the questionable defence he plays behind.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
So good to see Stone and Pageau have big games. It goes hand in hand with michalek and chiasson having good games too.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispensed wrote:So good to see Stone and Pageau have big games.  It goes hand in hand with michalek and chiasson having good games too.

That bank pass from Chiasson to Pageau for his second was pretty dirty. It was almost like he was using some inside knowledge against his old club.

I mentioned this earlier (possibly in the "Sens after 20" thread) how Stone's production tailed off after the suspension. During the game they put up a graphic on his production before and after the suspension. He had 3+10=13 in 11 games before the suspension, then 0+3=3 in the 7 games following the suspension. Wow, what a difference. He was also -5 in those 7 games versus +3 in the 11 prior to "The Hit". Good to see him get back on track.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:Man hoffman is a slick player. Speed, shot and stickhandling. Sign. Him .Up!!!

The kid deserves to get paid, but I hope they open negotiations sooner rather than later.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Man hoffman is a slick player. Speed, shot and stickhandling. Sign. Him .Up!!!

The kid deserves to get paid, but I hope they open negotiations sooner rather than later.

The nice advantage we have here is that Hoffman's still a RFA. If he was a UFA, after the arbitration Cussed him over, I imagine he'd be leaving us.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:So good to see Stone and Pageau have big games.  It goes hand in hand with michalek and chiasson having good games too.

That bank pass from Chiasson to Pageau for his second was pretty dirty.  It was almost like he was using some inside knowledge against his old club.

I mentioned this earlier (possibly in the "Sens after 20" thread) how Stone's production tailed off after the suspension.  During the game they put up a graphic on his production before and after the suspension.  He had 3+10=13 in 11 games before the suspension, then 0+3=3 in the 7 games following the suspension.  Wow, what a difference.  He was also -5 in those 7 games versus +3 in the 11 prior to "The Hit".  Good to see him get back on track.

Really took the wind out of his sails, whether it was because he was timid to do something like that again, or it was just the natural sophomore funk that hits pretty much every player, who knows, but I'm pleased that he was back to his old ways of stealing 2 pucks that led directly to goals. It was very nice to watch.

Pageau can be this kind of a player full time, but he needs his linemates to chip in. We all saw what happens when Michalek and Chiasson play a strong game, the C benefits as well. That's another reason I was down on Chiasson. You need to bring a strong game to the table if you want to play in this team's top 9 - especially if you fancy yourself an NHLer long term. Eventually there will be guys like White etc. ready to take the next step, there's certainly pressure.

LeCaptain

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:What a weird, wild game.  Nice to see this team rounding into shape a little more lately.  How often do you get 7 goals on 20 shots?  Anyway, another big W.  

Pageau, in addition to the 3 points, was also 13-8 on faceoffs to lead the team.

Was Spezza even playing?  All I remember is his penalty.

Sick pass on a Seguin shot off the post

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, Spezza's got talent and talent and more talent...and that's it. Same old story. At least in Dallas he's insulated by a far superior talent at the moment and is comfortably the 2C.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Man hoffman is a slick player. Speed, shot and stickhandling. Sign. Him .Up!!!

The kid deserves to get paid, but I hope they open negotiations sooner rather than later.

The nice advantage we have here is that Hoffman's still a RFA.  If he was a UFA, after the arbitration Cussed him over, I imagine he'd be leaving us.

True. It saves us from losing him to UFA, but it won't stop teams from offer sheeting I would imagine. 5.5 X 5 is risky for us, but I'd do that. As long as the little dude's body holds up, he forms a formidable part of the top 6 - and it's not like his defensive game is like Spezza's, he's worked hard to improve it - as showcased last night. And still, even then, we have Stone and Turris who are exceptional 2 way players, so having Ryan and Hoffman who are borderline guys isn't the end of the world.

His speed is so exciting, his shot is pretty much second to none (especially that wrister), his puck carrying skills are amazing. Truly a necessary player on this team and I'm really pleased I was wrong about him.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Man hoffman is a slick player. Speed, shot and stickhandling. Sign. Him .Up!!!

The kid deserves to get paid, but I hope they open negotiations sooner rather than later.

The nice advantage we have here is that Hoffman's still a RFA.  If he was a UFA, after the arbitration Cussed him over, I imagine he'd be leaving us.

True.  It saves us from losing him to UFA, but it won't stop teams from offer sheeting I would imagine.  5.5 X 5 is risky for us, but I'd do that.  As long as the little dude's body holds up, he forms a formidable part of the top 6 - and it's not like his defensive game is like Spezza's, he's worked hard to improve it - as showcased last night.  And still, even then, we have Stone and Turris who are exceptional 2 way players, so having Ryan and Hoffman who are borderline guys isn't the end of the world.

His speed is so exciting, his shot is pretty much second to none (especially that wrister), his puck carrying skills are amazing.  Truly a necessary player on this team and I'm really pleased I was wrong about him.

Offer sheets are an urban legend, so I'm not really concerned about that. Yeah, something like 5.5 x 5 sounds nice.

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
LeCaptain wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:What a weird, wild game.  Nice to see this team rounding into shape a little more lately.  How often do you get 7 goals on 20 shots?  Anyway, another big W.  

Pageau, in addition to the 3 points, was also 13-8 on faceoffs to lead the team.

Was Spezza even playing?  All I remember is his penalty.

Sick pass on a Seguin shot off the post

That pass was pretty insane. Overall, that dallas offence is scary as Diddle. Their transition game was tremendous, and I rarely saw any of their shots go wide. Always on target.

I'm glad the sens won the game, and anderson was huge. A rare win in dallas but must remember we got a little lucky with their turnovers and suspect goaltending. I'm glad we got some weapons to make them pay and our powerplay looks amazing (except they let up in that shorthanded opportunity).

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Man hoffman is a slick player. Speed, shot and stickhandling. Sign. Him .Up!!!

The kid deserves to get paid, but I hope they open negotiations sooner rather than later.

The nice advantage we have here is that Hoffman's still a RFA.  If he was a UFA, after the arbitration Cussed him over, I imagine he'd be leaving us.

True.  It saves us from losing him to UFA, but it won't stop teams from offer sheeting I would imagine.  5.5 X 5 is risky for us, but I'd do that.  As long as the little dude's body holds up, he forms a formidable part of the top 6 - and it's not like his defensive game is like Spezza's, he's worked hard to improve it - as showcased last night.  And still, even then, we have Stone and Turris who are exceptional 2 way players, so having Ryan and Hoffman who are borderline guys isn't the end of the world.

His speed is so exciting, his shot is pretty much second to none (especially that wrister), his puck carrying skills are amazing.  Truly a necessary player on this team and I'm really pleased I was wrong about him.

I think you left him off your untouchable list along with Stone. But who's counting.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum