Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16493
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: GAME DAY #21: Sens @ Stars - 8:30pm - Tuesday Nov. 24 2015

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:55 am

SpezDispensed wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    spader wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:Man hoffman is a slick player. Speed, shot and stickhandling. Sign. Him .Up!!!

The kid deserves to get paid, but I hope they open negotiations sooner rather than later.

The nice advantage we have here is that Hoffman's still a RFA.  If he was a UFA, after the arbitration Cussed him over, I imagine he'd be leaving us.

True.  It saves us from losing him to UFA, but it won't stop teams from offer sheeting I would imagine.  5.5 X 5 is risky for us, but I'd do that.  As long as the little dude's body holds up, he forms a formidable part of the top 6 - and it's not like his defensive game is like Spezza's, he's worked hard to improve it - as showcased last night.  And still, even then, we have Stone and Turris who are exceptional 2 way players, so having Ryan and Hoffman who are borderline guys isn't the end of the world.

His speed is so exciting, his shot is pretty much second to none (especially that wrister), his puck carrying skills are amazing.  Truly a necessary player on this team and I'm really pleased I was wrong about him.

Offer sheets are an urban legend, so I'm not really concerned about that. Yeah, something like 5.5 x 5 sounds nice.

Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:53 am

LeCaptain wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:What a weird, wild game.  Nice to see this team rounding into shape a little more lately.  How often do you get 7 goals on 20 shots?  Anyway, another big W.  

Pageau, in addition to the 3 points, was also 13-8 on faceoffs to lead the team.

Was Spezza even playing?  All I remember is his penalty.

Sick pass on a Seguin shot off the post

That pass was pretty insane. Overall, that dallas offence is scary as Diddle. Their transition game was tremendous, and I rarely saw any of their shots go wide. Always on target.

I'm glad the sens won the game, and anderson was huge. A rare win in dallas but must remember we got a little lucky with their turnovers and suspect goaltending. I'm glad we got some weapons to make them pay and our powerplay looks amazing (except they let up in that shorthanded opportunity).

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:00 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    spader wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:Man hoffman is a slick player. Speed, shot and stickhandling. Sign. Him .Up!!!

The kid deserves to get paid, but I hope they open negotiations sooner rather than later.

The nice advantage we have here is that Hoffman's still a RFA.  If he was a UFA, after the arbitration Cussed him over, I imagine he'd be leaving us.

True.  It saves us from losing him to UFA, but it won't stop teams from offer sheeting I would imagine.  5.5 X 5 is risky for us, but I'd do that.  As long as the little dude's body holds up, he forms a formidable part of the top 6 - and it's not like his defensive game is like Spezza's, he's worked hard to improve it - as showcased last night.  And still, even then, we have Stone and Turris who are exceptional 2 way players, so having Ryan and Hoffman who are borderline guys isn't the end of the world.

His speed is so exciting, his shot is pretty much second to none (especially that wrister), his puck carrying skills are amazing.  Truly a necessary player on this team and I'm really pleased I was wrong about him.

I think you left him off your untouchable list along with Stone. But who's counting.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48303
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Right now Hoffman is Patrick Kane "lite" but without the rape allegations or cabby abuse history. The "lite" designation applies to douchebaggery more than skill.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21012
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:02 pm

he's also "lite" in terms of skill and effectiveness as a player...
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Michallica wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:What a weird, wild game.  Nice to see this team rounding into shape a little more lately.  How often do you get 7 goals on 20 shots?  Anyway, another big W.  

Pageau, in addition to the 3 points, was also 13-8 on faceoffs to lead the team.

That pass was pretty insane.  Overall, that dallas offence is scary as Diddle.  Their transition game was tremendous, and I rarely saw any of their shots go wide.  Always on target.  

I'm glad the sens won the game, and anderson was huge.  A rare win in dallas but must remember we got a little lucky with their turnovers and suspect goaltending.  I'm glad we got some weapons to make them pay and our powerplay looks amazing (except they let up in that shorthanded opportunity).  

Dallas is going nowhere with that D and two goalies. You need 1 goalie, you can't have two share the crease
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10071
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:48 pm

Michallica wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:

That pass was pretty insane.  Overall, that dallas offence is scary as Diddle.  Their transition game was tremendous, and I rarely saw any of their shots go wide.  Always on target.  

I'm glad the sens won the game, and anderson was huge.  A rare win in dallas but must remember we got a little lucky with their turnovers and suspect goaltending.  I'm glad we got some weapons to make them pay and our powerplay looks amazing (except they let up in that shorthanded opportunity).  

This. That's a big reason why the shot count was so out of whack.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:00 pm

spader wrote:

This. That's a big reason why the shot count was so out of whack.

That and the fact we have a ton of shots blocked or going wide. That said, Dallas still would have outshot us, but wouldn't have been so wide of a margin.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Ev wrote:he's also "lite" in terms of skill and effectiveness as a player...

I said it applies to douchebaggery more than skill, I didn't throw skill out altogether. He's got quite a bit more experience and plays on a team that most would consider a dynasty. Of course he is part of that "dynasty" but it's mutually beneficial (his offensive stats are better because he's playing on a better team). As for pure skill, they aren't that far apart.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:08 pm

wprager wrote:

I said it applies to douchebaggery more than skill, I didn't throw skill out altogether.  He's got quite a bit more experience and plays on a team that most would consider a dynasty.  Of course he is part of that "dynasty" but it's mutually beneficial (his offensive stats are better because he's playing on a better team).  As for pure skill, they aren't that far apart.

Laugh1
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13352
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:24 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    spader wrote:

Yeah if we want to lock him up past the next year it is going to costs us. Hes eligible for UFA after next year. So i suspect he will still hold the large end of the bargaining stick. Plus the prg has been quite vocal about saying they pay guys that produce. How much is macarthur making? 4.5? Because you have to think the sens will have to pay much more than that. I
    Depending how much he scores this year he could be asking as high as 6mill per.

Hes quite a sight to see on the ice. Explosive speed that outmatches defenders. Exactly the type of player every org is drooling over right now.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:03 pm

Hoffman is essentially Pat Kane with more hair and less rape allegations.

Not sure how anyone can say otherwise.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13624
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:08 pm

I spell Kane H.O.F.F.M.A.N

- Unknown Author
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:31 pm

Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:

I said it applies to douchebaggery more than skill, I didn't throw skill out altogether.  He's got quite a bit more experience and plays on a team that most would consider a dynasty.  Of course he is part of that "dynasty" but it's mutually beneficial (his offensive stats are better because he's playing on a better team).  As for pure skill, they aren't that far apart.

Laugh1

Why do you laugh? Everyone in the NHL (the skilled players, I mean) has very high-end skill, so the differences are very slight. What separates the elite from the also-rans are the intangibles (perseverance, dedication, desire), hockey IQ, proper development/instruction, compatible linemates, luck (especially related to injuries).

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16493
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:32 pm

I will take a less rapey Patty Kane...sounds good
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator