GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Share

    Poll

    Which Sens D-man will play at forward

    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    29% [29%] 
    [ 2 ]
    29% [29%] 
    [ 1 ]
    14% [14%] 
    [ 2 ]
    28% [28%] 

    Total Votes: 7

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by wprager on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:58 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:We're really lucky to have seen the emergence of a young star in Stone last year, then be able to see another one emerging in the hoff

    Even luckier neither were traded, as you would have wished.

    ZZZZING!!!

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by wprager on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:59 am

    This is Hoff's world. As Charlemagne said (allegedly, according to a Hollywood script), we walk in the garden of his turpulence.

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:17 am

    wprager wrote:
    wprager wrote:Hoffman does his thing, minute-and-a-half into the game.

    Hoffman almost does his thing with 0:00.02 to go, then he does his thing 30 seconds into OT.

    A travesty that Kane (with a 5-on-3 goals and a couple apples -- one that was verra nice) gets 1st star while Hoff, with *two* goals (and the post) and an assist gets 3rd.

    That was just weird. I was quietly looking at the screen knowing what I was seeing was all too real yet still not believing it was real.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by LeCaptain on Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:24 am

    Impressive that we have 5 players in the top 30 league scoring. Imagine if we can get some NHL defensemen
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by LeCaptain on Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:35 am

    wprager wrote:
    wprager wrote:Hoffman does his thing, minute-and-a-half into the game.

    Hoffman almost does his thing with 0:00.02 to go, then he does his thing 30 seconds into OT.

    A travesty that Kane (with a 5-on-3 goals and a couple apples -- one that was verra nice) gets 1st star while Hoff, with *two* goals (and the post) and an assist gets 3rd.

    Meh, Karlsson was the best player on the ice and wasn't even a star so...
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:40 am

    LeCaptain wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    wprager wrote:Hoffman does his thing, minute-and-a-half into the game.

    Hoffman almost does his thing with 0:00.02 to go, then he does his thing 30 seconds into OT.

    A travesty that Kane (with a 5-on-3 goals and a couple apples -- one that was verra nice) gets 1st star while Hoff, with *two* goals (and the post) and an assist gets 3rd.

    Meh, Karlsson was the best player on the ice and wasn't even a star so...

    I'd still give the nod to Hoffman over Karlsson, who was better after a couple of stinkers.

    Like I've said numerous times, Karlsson can and should be the best player on the ice against just about any team in the NHL and when he isn't, it's disappointing. But when a guy like Hoffman can come up to his level from time to time, it's gravy.

    Perhaps even... sausage gravy.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by wprager on Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:47 am

    Karlsson was great in the last minute and a half and he certainly *can* be the best player out there. But over the full 60+ minutes I don't think he was the best.

    By the way NHL.com has Hoff-Kane-Ryan as the three stars. It was SNet that had them as Kane-Panarin-Hoff. Not sure what the stars were at the game itself (as announced by Stuntman Stu). Is there an "official" star ledger? Is it the NL.com one? The names announced at the game? On the radio? "My God, it's full of stars"


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by wprager on Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:48 am

    By the way, care to guess who leads the Sens' D in blocked shots? How about blocked shots per game? Give up?

    Spoiler:
    The answer is Karlsson for both.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:01 am

    wprager wrote:Karlsson was great in the last minute and a half and he certainly *can* be the best player out there. But over the full 60+ minutes I don't think he was the best.

    By the way NHL.com has Hoff-Kane-Ryan as the three stars. It was SNet that had them as Kane-Panarin-Hoff. Not sure what the stars were at the game itself (as announced by Stuntman Stu). Is there an "official" star ledger? Is it the NL.com one? The names announced at the game? On the radio? "My God, it's full of stars"
    2001 was a springboard for Keir Dullea which launched him into the sci-fi gold-standard for TV: "The Starlost"

    more to come
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:06 am

    wprager wrote:Karlsson was great in the last minute and a half and he certainly *can* be the best player out there. But over the full 60+ minutes I don't think he was the best.

    By the way NHL.com has Hoff-Kane-Ryan as the three stars. It was SNet that had them as Kane-Panarin-Hoff. Not sure what the stars were at the game itself (as announced by Stuntman Stu). Is there an "official" star ledger? Is it the NL.com one? The names announced at the game? On the radio? "My God, it's full of stars"


    Agreed. And that's pretty damn frustrating to me when we need to bank wins and deal from a position of strength when we start to make all those trades I've been asking for.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16335
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:12 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    wprager wrote:Hoffman does his thing, minute-and-a-half into the game.

    Hoffman almost does his thing with 0:00.02 to go, then he does his thing 30 seconds into OT.

    A travesty that Kane (with a 5-on-3 goals and a couple apples -- one that was verra nice) gets 1st star while Hoff, with *two* goals (and the post) and an assist gets 3rd.

    Meh, Karlsson was the best player on the ice and wasn't even a star so...

    I'd still give the nod to Hoffman over Karlsson, who was better after a couple of stinkers.

    Like I've said numerous times, Karlsson can and should be the best player on the ice against just about any team in the NHL and when he isn't, it's disappointing. But when a guy like Hoffman can come up to his level from time to time, it's gravy.

    Perhaps even... sausage gravy.

    Did somebody say...sausage gravy?

    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16335
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:14 am

    tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I don't think we'll see a forward actually playing D, it'll just be a rotation for the 4th line winger from the other available forwards.

    Anyway, we have a team capable of winning against anyone, so why not.

    Enter the Matrix .

    Feels good to be so right.

    Anyway, BoroCop was great, Hoffman is pretty much a better version of James Neal at this point (which is a great thing), Karlsson stepped it up, Stone, Neil, etc etc, just an overall great game. Matrix had a small glitch, but made some big stops too.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54441
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:25 am

    LeCaptain wrote:Impressive that we have 5 players in the top 30 league scoring. Imagine if we can get some NHL defensemen

    Seriously
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54441
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:26 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:We're really lucky to have seen the emergence of a young star in Stone last year, then be able to see another one emerging in the hoff

    Even luckier neither were traded, as you would have wished.

    Depends on what we would have got back, but yes, lucky.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by LeCaptain on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:40 am

    You guys seriously think Karlsson didn't have a good 60? Just at the top of my head I remember him stripping Toews off the puck twice.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:02 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:We're really lucky to have seen the emergence of a young star in Stone last year, then be able to see another one emerging in the hoff

    Even luckier neither were traded, as you would have wished.

    Depends on what we would have got back, but yes, lucky.

    In both cases you were looking for a 3rd or whatever you could get to make room for a prospect and move Lazar up in the lineup, IIRC.

    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 pm

    LeCaptain wrote:You guys seriously think Karlsson didn't have a good 60? Just at the top of my head I remember him stripping Toews off the puck twice.

    I have huge expectations for Karlsson, personally. So "good" will never be good enough when it comes to him. Sucks to be him.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13131
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:20 pm

    Really fun game to watch! Hoff shows up in a big way. Even I that has pumped his tires throughout the years think he's playing better than i could of imagined. Is it sustainable? Im not sure. I fear that hes playing for his next contract and if we are judging on the rate he is scoring at he might just get 6mill per year. But then do you get a drop off?
    He's a pleasure to watch at the moment. Thats speed. Just ridiculous at times. Actually our forward group is ridiculous. There is so much talent that you could argue this is simply the beginning.

    Can we get a defenceman to play with ceci now? Put that 1st round pick in play and make it happen. But get the right guy.
    The window is starting to open for this team.

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY #25: Blackhawks @ Sens - 7:30pm - Thursday Dec. 3 2015

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:30 am