You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Ottawa Senators » GAME DAY #28: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30pm - Tuesday Dec. 8 2015

GAME DAY #28: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30pm - Tuesday Dec. 8 2015

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Why the hell is Cameron trying to alienate Hoffman? Replaces him on the top line with Borowiecki so he goes and scores the winning goal unassisted. Doesn't even celebrate after the goal, didn't break a smile.

I don't understand.

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Why the hell is Cameron trying to alienate Hoffman?  Replaces him on the top line with Borowiecki so he goes and scores the winning goal unassisted.  Doesn't even celebrate after the goal, didn't break a smile.  

I don't understand.  


Smart move by Cameron pushing the buttons of a player who can actually do something about it.

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Diddle the sens twitter hive mind. Hoffman was Dung for the majority of the game so he got demoted. He responded with a goal. Who Cussing cars that Boro played two shifts with turris and Ryan. Obviously the moves worked. If Hoffman was actually mad at that and didn't understand then I really don't want to sign him longterm. Last year zibby said he was an bunghole and I can see it now for sure

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Post game show is on fire tonight. Call after call on the HOffman thing.
I didn't see the game so can't really comment on the move. But big picture there must be something with Hoffman because the guy has the shortest leash in the NHL

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
LeCaptain wrote:Post game show is on fire tonight. Call after call on the HOffman thing.
I didn't see the game so can't really comment on the move. But big picture there must be something with Hoffman because the guy has the shortest leash in the NHL


He should sew a big #27 on the back of his sweater and get the velvet glove treatment!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
http://www.silversevensens.com/2015/12/8/9874468/ottawa-senators-overcome-coaching-decisions-to-beat-florida-panthers

"Ottawa Senators overcome Coach's Decisions"??
Laughing3 this fanbase sometimes

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hoffman had a really weak game until he scored. He had a chance or two, but he just wasn't good enough, especially in the defensive zone, where he was clearly standing still a few times.

I understood benching him for a bit, but I was glad Cameron put him out when he did, obviously.

Karlsson had his weak moments as well, I thought he was underwhelming except on the PP.

Great win though! So nice to have an offense that can do that - and mostly young guys too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
This team will be filthy when they upgrade 2D. Granted, a lot of the young guys have to mature, but this is a team with a lot of firepower, they can really focus on trying to find a good fit on defence to acquire.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
LeCaptain wrote:Post game show is on fire tonight. Call after call on the HOffman thing.
I didn't see the game so can't really comment on the move. But big picture there must be something with Hoffman because the guy has the shortest leash in the NHL

Bobby Ryan was denied many times during games at the beginning of the year. It's no big deal, it's just in game management

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The players were obviously struggling, the team still finds a way to win, and the big storyline is how Hoffman only got 5 minutes of ice time in the 3rd period.

And then somehow we won the game despite our coach..? Yep, Sens Twitter is a pretty big nightmare right now.

Hoffman's clearly got a Marty St Louis style chip on his shoulder and that's fine. He will earn an opportunity to cash in huge in free agency, and that's his call to make if he wants to take another short term contract with the Sens. If he doesn't sign long term with the Sens before next season, he'll be traded and there's not much to be done.

On the subject of the coach, Dave Cameron isn't an idiot. Look at his record with a very young team. Pretty remarkable. It'd be cool if some of these well known Twitter ninjas actually acknowledged that maybe Cameron knows what he's doing...Garrioch actually did that *gasp*.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Unfortunately most fans are pretty dim when it comes to things like this. There's no way anyone can say Hoffman played well, he floated like crazy all game.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Have we fired Cameron yet and anointed Hoffman as The Saviour yet?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:This team will be filthy when they upgrade 2D.  Granted, a lot of the young guys have to mature, but this is a team with a lot of firepower, they can really focus on trying to find a good fit on defence to acquire.


Fedor Tyutin is rumoured to be headed to Hockey Country.

details to follow

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Have we fired Cameron yet and anointed Hoffman as The Saviour yet?
Any minute now. Right after some trades.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoffman for Stamkos rumours swirling. Dominoes in place.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Missed the game. How did sens look overall? Looks like they had a comeback victory but the topic seems to be about how hoffman was limited in the 3rd period...and still scored the GWG.

How did Boro look at forward?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:Missed the game.  How did sens look overall?  Looks like they had a comeback victory but the topic seems to be about how hoffman was limited in the 3rd period...and still scored the GWG.

How did Boro look at forward?

Boro was neither good nor bad so that's ok. Was hitting a ton, of course.

Opinions differ on the Hoffman thing. The bottom line for me is that he's a gifted scorer and game breaker and those don't grow on trees.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Any idea why he got benched in the first place? Or was it just random?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum