Administrator

Number of posts : 47977
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

GAME DAY #32: Capitals @ Senators - 7:00pm - Wednesday Dec. 16 2015

Post by wprager on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:44 am

GAME DAY #32: Capitals @ Senators - 7:00pm - Wednesday Dec. 16 2015

In the Eighth Game of Christmas my True Sens gave to me,
    Eight shots in the second (but they scored on *four* of 'em)
    Seven and 20 shots (in the first period alone)
    Six Give-aways
    FIVE POWER PLAAAAAYS!
    Four first period PIMs,
    Another three for Karlsson
    Two Hoffman goals
    And a loss to that team from Philly.

Here we are after 31 games, and what have we learned?  After a frustrating (and, in some ways, humiliating) loss to the struggling Canadiens the Sens beat up on the Kings (let's face it, it wasn't close if not for the weird bounce off the boards on Toffoli's goal).  That's the way it has gone for this team for a couple years, now -- they seem to rise to the level (whether perceived or real) of their competition.

Reunited and it feels so good: Cameron switched up Turris and Zibanejad, re-uniting the Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan line in the process.  Hoffman and Zibanejad responded with big games (3 points each, Hoffman just a Doughty slash away from an empty-net hattrick); Ryan had a good game even if he came away with a single assist.  

Dziurzynski replaced Boro as the 4th line torpedo and had a great time with 9 hits, putting the Kings' defense on high alert all night.  Inexplicably, it sounds like Cameron is going back to Boro as a forward tonight.  I.  Just.  No words.

Hammond will get the start tonight.  Hopefully the team tightens up in the defensive zone and doesn't make him pine for Bingo.

Sorry, kinda busy today so not time for analyzing the Caps.  #8 has a good shot -- he's the one with the yellow stick.  There's another Russian that's pretty good.  Their goalie's having quite a season, too.

GO SENS GO!!!

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: GAME DAY #32: Capitals @ Senators - 7:00pm - Wednesday Dec. 16 2015

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:37 am

Let's destroy them Crapitals!!!!
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:41 am

Luke Richardson had high praise for Dziurzynski saying that "Ottawa" made a "great decision" calling him up. He was Lukewarm (get it? ) in his assessment of The Pumper in the same discussion.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54441
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:48 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:Luke Richardson had high praise for Dziurzynski saying that "Ottawa" made a "great decision" calling him up. He was Lukewarm (get it? ) in his assessment of The Pumper in the same discussion.

Hmmm, that's a bad thing for Puempel to say the least.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:25 am

SpezDispensed wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:Luke Richardson had high praise for Dziurzynski saying that "Ottawa" made a "great decision" calling him up. He was Lukewarm (get it? ) in his assessment of The Pumper in the same discussion.

That or a comment on the organizational preference for safe, hard-working players over those with offensive upside and skill.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13131
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:30 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:

That or a comment on the organizational preference for safe, hard-working players over those with offensive upside and skill.

Well I believe everyone should get a shot that deserves it. If puempel is sulking and not really buying into it down there he won't get called up. Show some effort in the A if you want to come back to the N.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:31 am

So I hope they are keeping the Zib/Ryan/hoff line together? Who are they lining up with turris and stone? I say it might be time to stick Prince back in there. It better not be Boro....
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:34 am

Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:

Well I believe everyone should get a shot that deserves it. If puempel is sulking and not really buying into it down there he won't get called up. Show some effort in the A if you want to come back to the N.

Richardson sort of said something along those lines regarding last season but said there was an improvement specially over the last couple of games.

On the other hand, if I were in the AHL and had been there for quite some time, working hard, hoping for a call up, and I saw a quasi-bust like Lazar in the NHL basically blocking me, I'd be pissed. So I'm guessing morale isn't super high down there for this reason.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:38 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:

Richardson sort of said something along those lines regarding last season but said there was an improvement specially over the last couple of games.

On the other hand, if I were in the AHL and had been there for quite some time, working hard, hoping for a call up, and I saw a quasi-bust like Lazar in the NHL basically blocking me, I'd be pissed. So I'm guessing morale isn't super high down there for this reason.

I agree there. The level of leash lazar gets is confounding. He's not instrumental to our offence. Might be alright on the PK but we'd probably be fine with other bodies here.
    Maybe the org changes their mind in another 10 games if he still doesn't produce. But yeah, it's really a shame.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20867
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:50 am

Lazar showed his worth the last game. Was effective in all three zones. He's a keeper.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:00 pm

It's because Cameron loves him.  I like his 2-way play, but Diddle man...eventually you have to average more than 14 points a year...
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:08 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:It's because Cameron loves him.  I like his 2-way play, but Diddle man...eventually you have to average more than 14 points a year...

Projected ceiling: Chris Kelly with less offense.

more to come
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20867
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:22 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:It's because Cameron loves him.  I like his 2-way play, but Diddle man...eventually you have to average more than 14 points a year...

He's played 1.3 years so far. He's 20.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Ev wrote:

He's played 1.3 years so far. He's 20.

I realize, but I would have thought there'd be a little more offense - even at this stage of his young career.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47977
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:40 pm

Flo The Action wrote:So I hope they are keeping the Zib/Ryan/hoff line together? Who are they lining up with turris and stone? I say it might be time to stick Prince back in there. It better not be Boro....

It was Smith and Cameron is not making changes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:41 am