PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54441
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: GAME DAY #32: Capitals @ Senators - 7:00pm - Wednesday Dec. 16 2015

Post by PTFlea on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:28 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Perhaps I wake tomorrow to news of Cowen being waived?  Dare to dream...

I think he does just enough to show value to a potential trade partner. A strong hit, a decent pass here and there... plus the size will get him some suitors on it's own.

I think he could be part of a deal for Johansen for sure.

Ha-ha, I'd be pleased as punch.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:31 am

SpezDispensed wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Perhaps I wake tomorrow to news of Cowen being waived?  Dare to dream...

I think he does just enough to show value to a potential trade partner. A strong hit, a decent pass here and there... plus the size will get him some suitors on it's own.

I think he could be part of a deal for Johansen for sure.

Ha-ha, I'd be pleased as punch.

In that case... LET'S DO IT!!!!

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13131
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:40 am

Yeah Cameron getting a little hot under the collar making questionable moves. As much as I expect more out of Prince, I think he'd be better in the forwards group over Boro
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54441
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:04 pm

I just don't get not playing a young player 8 straight games or whatever it is. It's silly. There are ways to play prince without sacrificing Smith or dizzy off the roster.

I don't get it. He must really dislike this kid. I don't see why personally, perhaps he doesn't have the compete and we don't really see it?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47977
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:07 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:I just don't get not playing a young player 8 straight games or whatever it is.  It's silly.  There are ways to play prince without sacrificing Smith or dizzy off the roster.  

I don't get it.  He must really dislike this kid. I don't see why personally, perhaps he doesn't have the compete and we don't really see it?

There was a rumor or at least something about his attitude a year or two ago. But right now it's simply that he is not producing in accordance with ice time and linemates given. His lack of production put him on the 4th line where he cannot perform in that role as well as Dizzy or Boro.

I still don't want Boro up-front, but with the injury to Lazar we may not have a choice.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16335
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:22 am

wprager wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:I just don't get not playing a young player 8 straight games or whatever it is.  It's silly.  There are ways to play prince without sacrificing Smith or dizzy off the roster.  

I don't get it.  He must really dislike this kid. I don't see why personally, perhaps he doesn't have the compete and we don't really see it?

There was a rumor or at least something about his attitude a year or two ago.  But right now it's simply that he is not producing in accordance with ice time and linemates given.  His lack of production put him on the 4th line where he cannot perform in that role as well as Dizzy or Boro.

I still don't want Boro up-front, but with the injury to Lazar we may not have a choice.

Lack of production is keeping Prince on the bench? Meanwhile a kid like Lazar gets told that management doesn't care if he produces or not. Prince must've run over Cameron's dog to still be in the pressbox at this point, with BoroCop playing forward and Dizzy called up.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:46 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:

There was a rumor or at least something about his attitude a year or two ago.  But right now it's simply that he is not producing in accordance with ice time and linemates given.  His lack of production put him on the 4th line where he cannot perform in that role as well as Dizzy or Boro.

Lack of production is keeping Prince on the bench?  Meanwhile a kid like Lazar gets told that management doesn't care if he produces or not.  Prince must've run over Cameron's dog to still be in the pressbox at this point, with BoroCop playing forward and Dizzy called up.

This is the kind of preferential treatment and all-around BS I said was bad for morale among players currently trying to break through to the NHL. And I think the low morale is hurting the AHL team in general this season, it's not just a lack of skill.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:01 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:

Lack of production is keeping Prince on the bench?  Meanwhile a kid like Lazar gets told that management doesn't care if he produces or not.  Prince must've run over Cameron's dog to still be in the pressbox at this point, with BoroCop playing forward and Dizzy called up.

This is the kind of preferential treatment and all-around BS I said was bad for morale among players currently trying to break through to the NHL. And I think the low morale is hurting the AHL team in general this season, it's not just a lack of skill.

It's a head-scratcher. I know Murray has a lot of pride, so maybe he just refuses to admit that maybe Lazar should see some AHL time.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:02 am

Here we go, from Dean Brown:

15-7-61/68-93-6/59-44-90/10-27-25/3-65/46-5/74-45. Cowen the extra. Anderson is in starters end.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:41 am