GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Share

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by wprager on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:09 pm

    Florida wins in OT. Ottawa now in 2nd wildcard spot.

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:11 pm

    Amazing how good Wiercioch when he's not Cestuck with Ceci.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by wprager on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:58 pm

    Wiercioch with Karlsson, like I've been recommending for a while.

    Now, if Ceci misses any time, I hope they don't go back to Borowiecki on his wrong side. Slide Wideman up to the second pairing and call up Kostka. Continue sitting Cowen.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54441
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by PTFlea on Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:12 pm

    Ben Bishop is the gift that keeps on giving. Can't beat him, can't beat the Cussing lightning. Very frustrating
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by LeCaptain on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:53 pm

    Hoffman was awful. He must have had a dozen giveaways
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13131
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:04 am

    Totally missed the game to watch Star Wars. The obvious better choice it seems.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16335
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:41 am

    Well, what can you do when you're playing most of the game with only 4 D, and then are also missing one of your best forwards (Ryan)....I thought we hung in there pretty good under adverse circumstances.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:20 am

    tim1_2 wrote:Well, what can you do when you're playing most of the game with only 4 D, and then are also missing one of your best forwards (Ryan)....I thought we hung in there pretty good under adverse circumstances.

    The numbers were reduced on D but the quality was upgraded considerably with the departure of Ceci. A power play goal or two would have got us a win.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16335
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:00 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Well, what can you do when you're playing most of the game with only 4 D, and then are also missing one of your best forwards (Ryan)....I thought we hung in there pretty good under adverse circumstances.

    The numbers were reduced on D but the quality was upgraded considerably with the departure of Ceci. A power play goal or two would have got us a win.

    Yeah...it was more of a case of that 5 minutes major on BoroCop putting the Lightning ahead by a goal...then the questionable goalie interference non-call on Cameron's challenge....things could have easily gone our way, but we just got a the short end of the officiating stick.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by wprager on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:29 am

    With officiating we either get the short end of the stick or the broad end.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:45 am

    Despite being at an obvious disadvantage, the sens had lots of chances to at least salvage a point. 0-5 on the powerplay. Matter of fact the PP was ugly and our PK was pretty terrible too. I firmly believe if they killed off boro's penalty with the SHG, they would have won the game.

    How about weircioch? I thought he had a solid game. Same with Karlsson. The rest were just meh.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by wprager on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:47 am

    Michallica wrote:Despite being at an obvious disadvantage, the sens had lots of chances to at least salvage a point.  0-5 on the powerplay.  Matter of fact the PP was ugly and our PK was pretty terrible too. I firmly believe if they killed off boro's penalty with the SHG, they would have won the game.  

    How about weircioch?  I thought he had a solid game.  Same with Karlsson.  The rest were just meh.

    I've been talking about playing Wiercioch with Karlsson and moving Methot down to stabilize Ceci. Yesterday Wiercioch was second on the team in TOI (over 30 minutes, I think). 46-65 was our best pairing last season (although in a small sample size).


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:59 am

    wprager wrote:
    Michallica wrote:Despite being at an obvious disadvantage, the sens had lots of chances to at least salvage a point.  0-5 on the powerplay.  Matter of fact the PP was ugly and our PK was pretty terrible too. I firmly believe if they killed off boro's penalty with the SHG, they would have won the game.  

    How about weircioch?  I thought he had a solid game.  Same with Karlsson.  The rest were just meh.

    I've been talking about playing Wiercioch with Karlsson and moving Methot down to stabilize Ceci.  Yesterday Wiercioch was second on the team in TOI (over 30 minutes, I think).  46-65 was our best pairing last season (although in a small sample size).

    I'd go further and make that second pairing Methot - Wideman and put Ceci on the bottom pairing where he could hurt the team the least or send him to the ECeciHL.
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:00 pm

    Yeah it's true but it's risky as well. Neither are defensive stalwarts and pairing your two best offensive dmen usually means you're trailing the game and trying to tie it up, like it was last night. We'll see but I hope Weircioch's game at least stays consistent.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16335
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:02 pm

    Karlsson wins Norris trophies when paired with Methot. Don't Diddle with that. Management needs to find a way to upgrade the bottom 4 defencemen....not comprimise the 1st pairing to try and spread things out.
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:05 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:Karlsson wins Norris trophies when paired with Methot.  Don't Diddle with that.  Management needs to find a way to upgrade the bottom 4 defencemen....not comprimise the 1st pairing to try and spread things out.

    First one was with Kuba....I think he can win with anyone but cowen
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16335
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by tim1_2 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:07 pm

    Michallica wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Karlsson wins Norris trophies when paired with Methot.  Don't Diddle with that.  Management needs to find a way to upgrade the bottom 4 defencemen....not comprimise the 1st pairing to try and spread things out.

    First one was with Kuba....I think he can win with anyone but cowen

    Yeah, a reasonably responsible veteran. It has been shown again and again that Karlsson is his best when paired with Methot (both by using advanced stats, regular stats, etc). There is no justification for messing with that. Karlsson is on pace for the Hart trophy, and we want to Diddle with his d partner? Please.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:10 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    Michallica wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Karlsson wins Norris trophies when paired with Methot.  Don't Diddle with that.  Management needs to find a way to upgrade the bottom 4 defencemen....not comprimise the 1st pairing to try and spread things out.

    First one was with Kuba....I think he can win with anyone but cowen

    Yeah, a reasonably responsible veteran.  It has been shown again and again that Karlsson is his best when paired with Methot (both by using advanced stats, regular stats, etc).  There is no justification for messing with that.  Karlsson is on pace for the Hart trophy, and we want to Diddle with his d partner?  Please.


    Art Ross too.

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY #34: Senators @ Lightning - 5:00pm - Sunday, Dec 20 2015

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:36 am