All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Re: GAME DAY #43: Senators @ Capitals - 7:30 pm - Sunday, Jan 10 2016

Post by spader on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:44 pm

Ev wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:
    Ev wrote:Hoffman really needs to be dealt for a dman though. I don't see how that move won't happen.

We are not trading our top scorer for a defense man. That will not happen. Ever.

You wanna bet? I couldn't care less that he's leading the team in scoring right now. He's streaky and you can find guys like him far easier than a great d man.

They don't like Hoffman, and he doesn't have a great attitude. I see him gone soon. :crossarms:

For example?

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:01 pm

Men vs boys lol Diddle

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:18 pm

Ev wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:
    Ev wrote:Hoffman really needs to be dealt for a dman though. I don't see how that move won't happen.

We are not trading our top scorer for a defense man. That will not happen. Ever.

You wanna bet? I couldn't care less that he's leading the team in scoring right now. He's streaky and you can find guys like him far easier than a great d man.

They don't like Hoffman, and he doesn't have a great attitude. I see him gone soon. :crossarms:

Like most players in the league, and that's coming from your own mouth lol.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12923
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:05 am

Maybe this humiliating defeat will motivate BM to make a move. It's pretty obvious at this point this team isn't good enough.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54243
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:32 am

I have a feeling Ev's right.  The D needs a huge move in order for us to take the next step - and that's even if Chabot hits his stride much earlier than is the norm.  

Lot of variables, obviously but it seems like Hoffman is the guy who can garner you a legit dman that we need so badly to either play with karlsson and shift methot to Ceci or to play with Ceci.

I don't think zib can get you that dman. Maybe with a pick or elite  prospect, but don't see it.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:35 am

Hoffman plus for Fowler?
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12923
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:50 am

SpezDispensed wrote:I have a feeling Ev's right.  The D needs a huge move in order for us to take the next step - and that's even if Chabot hits his stride much earlier than is the norm.  

Lot of variables, obviously but it seems like Hoffman is the guy who can garner you a legit dman that we need so badly to either play with karlsson and shift methot to Ceci or to play with Ceci.  

I don't think zib can get you that dman. Maybe with a pick or elite  prospect, but don't see it.
    I think we'd likely feel the loss of Zib more. I don't see pageau or lazar as our number 2 C. But we might be able to slide someone on the left side if we lost Hoffman.
    Maybe BM is trying to add without having to subtract someone too important like Hoffman (no matter what EV thinks) but I don't know if we can do anything like that before it's too late for the season. Players for picks and prospects won't likely happen till nearer to the deadline at the earliest. We might be too far back by then.

I like the idea of fowler.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24754
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:52 am

SpezDispensed wrote:I have a feeling Ev's right.  The D needs a huge move in order for us to take the next step - and that's even if Chabot hits his stride much earlier than is the norm.  

Karlsson is your best player and he's on the ice more than anyone and he's an offensive player. What you need is one or two more forwards that can actually contribute to finishing plays that he starts or that he controls. We don't have enough forwards that can keep up with Karlsson as it is so getting rid of Hoffman to essentially try to get more out of Ceci is a huge step backwards.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20773
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:25 am

LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:

Unlike other players, when he isn't scoring he isn't doing anything else
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47671
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:26 am

Woof. Didn't even bother watching. Stopped the PVR and deleted the recording. Feel sorry for Hammond but was any of that his own doing? I can't believe the played that poorly in front of him. Both teams played an OT game the day before so don't use that as an excuse. If I were Cameron, though, I would have swapped in Wideman for Boro (Washington is not a rough team but they have speed, and Boro on his wrong side is just bad for business). Get a puck mover in there who is not worn out and can clear the puck on his strong side. Then if any of the forwards looked like they needed a day off (Neil?) why not slot Chiasson in there. You are carrying two extra skaters, why not use them on the back-to-back games.

Geez, I completely forgot about Cowen.

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:13 am

Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:

Like Kessel who you'd take on your team
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24754
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:41 am

wprager wrote:Woof. Didn't even bother watching.  Stopped the PVR and deleted the recording. Feel sorry for Hammond but was any of that his own doing?  I can't believe the played that poorly in front of him.  Both teams played an OT game the day before so don't use that as an excuse.  If I were Cameron, though, I would have swapped in Wideman for Boro (Washington is not a rough team but they have speed, and Boro on his wrong side is just bad for business).  Get a puck mover in there who is not worn out and can clear the puck on his strong side.  Then if any of the forwards looked like they needed a day off (Neil?) why not slot Chiasson in there.  You are carrying two extra skaters, why not use them on the back-to-back games.

I expect Cowen to be gone this week. Chiasson too.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:53 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:Woof. Didn't even bother watching.  Stopped the PVR and deleted the recording. Feel sorry for Hammond but was any of that his own doing?  I can't believe the played that poorly in front of him.  Both teams played an OT game the day before so don't use that as an excuse.  If I were Cameron, though, I would have swapped in Wideman for Boro (Washington is not a rough team but they have speed, and Boro on his wrong side is just bad for business).  Get a puck mover in there who is not worn out and can clear the puck on his strong side.  Then if any of the forwards looked like they needed a day off (Neil?) why not slot Chiasson in there.  You are carrying two extra skaters, why not use them on the back-to-back games.

I expect Cowen to be gone this week. Chiasson too.

Wishful thinking or hearing something?

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:59 am

Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:

I call BS. I've seen Hoff rushing back to backcheck and interrupting the other team in our zone. Sure, he has bad games, but I don't know why he gets such a bad rap.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:22 am

Poor claesson has looked crappy the last few games too.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:26 am

SpezDispensed wrote:Poor claesson has looked crappy the last few games too.

He's had a few brutal giveaways...wouldn't be totally surprised to see him returned to Bingo and Wideman back in our lineup.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:30 am

spader wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:

I call BS. I've seen Hoff rushing back to backcheck and interrupting the other team in our zone. Sure, he has bad games, but I don't know why he gets such a bad rap.

Definite bias, there. Hoffman is not Toews, that's true. He's also not a defensive liability. In his first full season in the NHL he was the second best forward in +/- (Stone was +21, then Hoffman at +16); this year he is leading the entire team at +11. He was a combined -2 in his first 4 games spread over 2 seasons, then -2 in 25 games in 2013-14, but as a regular NHLer he has consistently been in the positive.

Now, granted, his ice time is managed so he's not playing against the best opposition and likely gets a lot of offensive zone starts, but then he's not being paid like a Toews, either. He is what he is, and he's quite good at it.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20773
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:39 am

I like Hoffman, I just have zero interest in giving him more than $5.5 million for 3-4 years.

he's gonna pack it in once he gets a long-term deal. I can tell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:09 pm