GAME DAY #47: Senators @ Devils - 7:00 pm - Thursday, Jan 21 2016

    Share

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #47: Senators @ Devils - 7:00 pm - Thursday, Jan 21 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:50 pm

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    dennycrane wrote:The front office continues to fail this team. It is obvious that the team is not good enough. They are wasting the Karlsson years.

    I agree. Time to start blowing it up. And this time don't blame it on the coach.

    I don't know about that. I hope you're being sarcastic. We have a good core. We're just missing a couple of top 4 Dmen. I mean Ceci might become one of those guys but he needs a more reliable guy playing next to him to cover the mistakes that come with learning. Another top 6 LW might be good too if MacArthur never comes back.

    Not time to blow it up but it might be time to parlay some prospect and picks into viable solutions. Anyone not named Chabot or white. There's a few roster players that could go too. Make a deal around lazar while he still caries value.

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #47: Senators @ Devils - 7:00 pm - Thursday, Jan 21 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:52 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:There's zero point in flipping out over one game.  As I've said all year (at least I'm consistent), our team has been very inconsistent.  And yeah, if the goalie is having a bad game, well, it's tough to overcome that anyway.  The all-star break can't come soon enough.
    It's not just one game. It's been the story of the season. This team not getting it done. Still missing a couple of pieces to put it all together.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #47: Senators @ Devils - 7:00 pm - Thursday, Jan 21 2016

    Post by wprager on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:24 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:There's zero point in flipping out over one game.  As I've said all year (at least I'm consistent), our team has been very inconsistent.  And yeah, if the goalie is having a bad game, well, it's tough to overcome that anyway.  The all-star break can't come soon enough.
    It's not just one game. It's been the story of the season. This team not getting it done. Still missing a couple of pieces to put it all together.

    Turris got injured on December 5. The Sens were 3rd in the Atlantic, just one point back of the Redwings who were in 2nd. Turris had 22 points through 25 games and was +7. In the 22 games since then he has 8 points and is -18!

    We've also been missing one of our top-six players for most of the season, and have since that time run into other injuries. Not enough depth on this team, but when (almost) fully healthy we were third in the Atlantic (and that's before Montreal's melt down -- who knows, we may have even been at the top if we'd stayed healthy).
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #47: Senators @ Devils - 7:00 pm - Thursday, Jan 21 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:15 pm

    wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:There's zero point in flipping out over one game.  As I've said all year (at least I'm consistent), our team has been very inconsistent.  And yeah, if the goalie is having a bad game, well, it's tough to overcome that anyway.  The all-star break can't come soon enough.
    It's not just one game. It's been the story of the season. This team not getting it done. Still missing a couple of pieces to put it all together.

    Turris got injured on December 5.  The Sens were 3rd in the Atlantic, just one point back of the Redwings who were in 2nd.  Turris had 22 points through 25 games and was +7.  In the 22 games since then he has 8 points and is -18!

    We've also been missing one of our top-six players for most of the season, and have since that time run into other injuries.  Not enough depth on this team, but when (almost) fully healthy we were third in the Atlantic (and that's before Montreal's melt down -- who knows, we may have even been at the top if we'd stayed healthy).
    you know we were lucky to have won some of those game. Is our reason for the downfall of mist of the game due to our forwards? No. I it due to our inability to get the puck out of our own zone without making mistakes? So often.
    The problem lies on our back end for the most part. Mistakes after mistakes. Just an immature and unreliable second pairing that would be better suited to a third pairing.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 29
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #47: Senators @ Devils - 7:00 pm - Thursday, Jan 21 2016

    Post by LeCaptain on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:58 pm

    2nd worst Goals against in the NHL with a goalie that has a SV% better than Pekka Rinne...
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #47: Senators @ Devils - 7:00 pm - Thursday, Jan 21 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:19 pm

    LeCaptain wrote:2nd worst Goals against in the NHL with a goalie that has a SV% better than Pekka Rinne...
    That's kind of telling. Way too many shots on goals.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #47: Senators @ Devils - 7:00 pm - Thursday, Jan 21 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:20 pm

    I wonder what the Calgary and Tampa scouts thought of the game last night? No trades coming...

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY #47: Senators @ Devils - 7:00 pm - Thursday, Jan 21 2016

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:37 pm