GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Share

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:58 pm

    And we lose 9mm again. This team is in a rough patch

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by wprager on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:07 pm

    Gave the game away. Stone should have had 2 goals, would have made it a different game.

    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by LeCaptain on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:36 pm

    Ev wrote:Hammond has been outstanding. Number one goalie

    3-6-1.

    Number one goalie confirmed Sarcasm
    avatar
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2728
    Age : 50
    Location : Colorado springs, colorado
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by TheAvatar on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:03 pm

    I'm getting tired of this Dung
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:07 pm

    Not much fight to this bunch. Bobby Ryan was pretty involved.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16256
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by tim1_2 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:06 am

    Injuries have caught up to a mediocre team. We'll get through this rough patch, hopefully in time to save the season.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 29
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by LeCaptain on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:09 am

    tim1_2 wrote:Injuries have caught up to a mediocre team. We'll get through this rough patch, hopefully in time to save the season.

    We've had horrid defense for 4-5 years now.

    Murray needs to go. big time.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20775
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by Ev on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:15 am

    LeCaptain wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Injuries have caught up to a mediocre team. We'll get through this rough patch, hopefully in time to save the season.

    We've had horrid defense for 4-5 years now.

    Murray needs to go. big time.

    We made ye playoffs in the lockout season due to goals against being low
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 29
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by LeCaptain on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:26 am

    Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Injuries have caught up to a mediocre team. We'll get through this rough patch, hopefully in time to save the season.

    We've had horrid defense for 4-5 years now.

    Murray needs to go. big time.

    We made ye playoffs in the lockout season due to goals against being low

    Anderson had a 0.941 Sv% and Lehner had 0.936
    Braden Holtby this season has 0.930.

    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20775
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by Ev on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:29 am

    LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Injuries have caught up to a mediocre team. We'll get through this rough patch, hopefully in time to save the season.

    We've had horrid defense for 4-5 years now.

    Murray needs to go. big time.

    We made ye playoffs in the lockout season due to goals against being low

    Anderson had a 0.941 Sv% and Lehner had 0.936
    Braden Holtby this season has 0.930.


    What's your point.

    We had a decent d at the time.

    And our lack of success as of late is more on Lack of scoring and bad goaltending as well as the d. It's a mixed bag.

    I'm expecting a trade on Monday
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 29
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by LeCaptain on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:40 am

    My point is unless goalies are out of their minds we are not competitive.

    Everyone and their mother knows our Defense corps is one of the worst in the NHL.
    I don't care if we overpay right now, Karlsson is in his 7th season and no other defenseman has reached 40 pts in Ottawa since he came into the league. How crazy is that?
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20775
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by Ev on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:42 am

    LeCaptain wrote:My point is unless goalies are out of their minds we are not competitive.

    Everyone and their mother knows our Defense corps is one of the worst in the NHL.
    I don't care if we overpay right now, Karlsson is in his 7th season and no other defenseman has reached 40 pts in Ottawa since he came into the league. How crazy is that?

    Not that crazy considering not many d reach 40 these days.

    But I agree, we just need one more d.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 29
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by LeCaptain on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:44 am

    Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:My point is unless goalies are out of their minds we are not competitive.

    Everyone and their mother knows our Defense corps is one of the worst in the NHL.
    I don't care if we overpay right now, Karlsson is in his 7th season and no other defenseman has reached 40 pts in Ottawa since he came into the league. How crazy is that?

    Not that crazy considering not many d reach 40 these days.

    But I agree, we just need one more d.

    I don't know if it's murray, melnyk, our scouts or whoever. But when I see Nick Leddy dancing around our team last night and the return the Hawks got when they traded him, it depresses me.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20775
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by Ev on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:20 am

    Leddy is just ok.

    Anyway it looks like a new era might be rushing in with the his lebreton stuff. Mel yuk is facing stiff competition
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by wprager on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:57 am

    LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:Hammond has been outstanding. Number one goalie

    3-6-1.

    Number one goalie confirmed Sarcasm

    He gave them a chance. The goal off Cowen's back is 2 minutes for delay of game if that's Wideman standing in the crease. Stone getting stoned *twice*. Taking 3 minors in the first half of the first period. Just gave the game away.

    Ryan was great. The callups were fine if, perhaps, a bit too much fire in the belly. We've had a problem on the left side ever since Mac went down. Michalek, went healthy, is a 3rd liner at this point, and Smith is a great 4th line center. Yet those two and AHL callups is what we've had on our top line for most of the season. And then since 6 weeks ago we've had our 1LC playing on one knee.

    Meanwhile Murray has done what, exactly?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by wprager on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:59 am

    Ev wrote:Leddy is just ok.

    Anyway it looks like a new era might be rushing in with the his lebreton stuff. Mel yuk is facing stiff competition

    "Just ok" is what it would take to help, right now, because Wierioch/Cowen/Claesson/Boro (wrong side/top pairing) are below that level right now.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:56 pm

    LeCaptain wrote:My point is unless goalies are out of their minds we are not competitive.

    Everyone and their mother knows our Defense corps is one of the worst in the NHL.
    I don't care if we overpay right now, Karlsson is in his 7th season and no other defenseman has reached 40 pts in Ottawa since he came into the league. How crazy is that?
    I'm with you on the overpayment. If it needs to be done. The only hick is I don't want it to be white or Chabot. Any pick is in play if you ask me. So is lazar and many guys on the roster. The only untreatable should be turris, stone, Ryan Karlsson. Zib and methot shouldn't really be involved in the conversation as it wouldn't make sense to move them for a D and neither is pageau as it probably make us weaker and he doesn't have the necessary value to bring in anyone of worth.
    Obviously the goalies aren't going anywhere.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by wprager on Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:37 pm

    Why obviously on the goalies?

    http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/a/andercr01.html

    There are some interesting new stats added there. I've never seen these stats before so I cannot really say much about them. But they certainly do not look very complimentary. Also see the yo-yo from one season to the next.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:16 pm