You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #48: Islanders @ Devils - 7:30 pm - Friday, Jan 22 2016

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:Leddy is just ok.

Anyway it looks like a new era might be rushing in with the his lebreton stuff. Mel yuk is facing stiff competition

"Just ok" is what it would take to help, right now, because Wierioch/Cowen/Claesson/Boro (wrong side/top pairing) are below that level right now.

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
LeCaptain wrote:My point is unless goalies are out of their minds we are not competitive.

Everyone and their mother knows our Defense corps is one of the worst in the NHL.
I don't care if we overpay right now, Karlsson is in his 7th season and no other defenseman has reached 40 pts in Ottawa since he came into the league. How crazy is that?
I'm with you on the overpayment. If it needs to be done. The only hick is I don't want it to be white or Chabot. Any pick is in play if you ask me. So is lazar and many guys on the roster. The only untreatable should be turris, stone, Ryan Karlsson. Zib and methot shouldn't really be involved in the conversation as it wouldn't make sense to move them for a D and neither is pageau as it probably make us weaker and he doesn't have the necessary value to bring in anyone of worth.
Obviously the goalies aren't going anywhere.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Why obviously on the goalies?

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/a/andercr01.html

There are some interesting new stats added there. I've never seen these stats before so I cannot really say much about them. But they certainly do not look very complimentary. Also see the yo-yo from one season to the next.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Why obviously on the goalies?

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/a/andercr01.html

There are some interesting new stats added there.  I've never seen these stats before so I cannot really say much about them.  But they certainly do not look very complimentary.  Also see the yo-yo from one season to the next.
Well I don't think we would be looking at trading Anderson as a means to improve our team and I doubt that trading Hammond would go anywhere into addressing our deficiencies.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Why obviously on the goalies?

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/a/andercr01.html

There are some interesting new stats added there.  I've never seen these stats before so I cannot really say much about them.  But they certainly do not look very complimentary.  Also see the yo-yo from one season to the next.
Well I don't think we would be looking at trading Anderson as a means to improve our team and I doubt that trading Hammond would go anywhere into addressing our deficiencies.

If the are sellers 5 weeks from now, do you trade Anderson? He has cost us a couple great picks already in his time here.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Why obviously on the goalies?

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/a/andercr01.html

There are some interesting new stats added there.  I've never seen these stats before so I cannot really say much about them.  But they certainly do not look very complimentary.  Also see the yo-yo from one season to the next.
Well I don't think we would be looking at trading Anderson as a means to improve our team and I doubt that trading Hammond would go anywhere into addressing our deficiencies.

If the are sellers 5 weeks from now, do you trade Anderson?  He has cost us a couple great picks already in his time here.
At this point, trading Anderson is pretty much trading our chances to become competitive within the next couple of years. That's giving up on what we've been building. I don't believe we need to rebuild but we maybe need a bit of an overhaul on the back end. The rest of the team is coming along nicely.
It may be time for either a bold move for a top 4 Dman by the deadline of Melnyk to put his money where his mouth is and acquire one in FA this summer. If this is our team going into next season I will be furious.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
I disagree. A little. We are gerrin, what, .915 or a little below from Andy? Lots of goalie out there that can do that. If we reduce the shots against and also the penalty differential then we can win with an "OK" goalie.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don't see any scenario in which we trade Anderson. Our goaltending cupboard is empty.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:I don't see any scenario in which we trade Anderson.  Our goaltending cupboard is empty.

Driedger has a career SV% of 1000! O'Connor not too shabby as .916. Both of them better than either of our roster goalies. Yes, I'm just kidding.

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/ufa/goaltender/

Cam Ward is top of that list. He's 31 and has been playing better this year (his contract year, hmm). Will probably not want to reduce his paycheck too much, though (current cap hit is $6.3M).

James Reimer (leading the league in SV%, or was last week).

Anton Khudobin. Not having a great year the last couple, but maybe all he needs is a change of scenery. Won't be asking for a lot ($2.25M now and, as I said, not having a great year and not playing). He's only 30 so give him a 1-2 year deal and he'll still want another contract after that, so incentive to play hard. His career SV% is better than Andy's , in case you were wondering.

Chad Johnson. Has a .920 SV% and an even record playing in Buffalo! You think their D is any worse than ours? If Andy's SV% was .920 he would have given up 8 fewer goals. That's 3-4 wins, probably.

Jhonas Enroth. He's 3-3 and has a .930 SV%. That's *20* fewer goals and we'd be atop the Atlantic! Not even joking. We're just 9 points out.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
I'd really argue most those goalies would be worst playing in Ottawa. We really leave them high and dry in Ottawa. It's also about the quality of shots, I can't comment on whether or not they are facing worst or better but I'd say those stats don't paint a better picture. There isn't any of those goalies I'd rather have either.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum