GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » How do we fix the Senators

How do we fix the Senators

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 27]

346How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:05 pm

TheAvatar


Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispensed wrote:We definitely need to upgrade ZBad this off season if we want a chance at a cup.  In fact, upgrading Zbad and adding a LW would be two moves that would near complete us IMO.

The odds are greatly against us MAKING THE PLAYOFFS and you think we're 2 moves away from being a cup contender? #IdontThinkSo

347How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:09 pm

Flo The Action


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion that Claude Giroux wouldn't mind coming 'home' to the sens....let's make that happen.
That!... Is beautiful wishful thinking.

Him and Bobby Ryan are good friends! Sarcasm And Giroux lives in Ottawa and is also buddies with Methot.  

Conversely, Giroux could also be recruiting Ryan to join the Flyers Facepalm

Anyways yes it's wishful thinking but I don't think it's entirely impossible if you start with Zibanejad + Hoffman....

first, i don't see philly parting with giroux. just don't.

but if you did, i'm not sure it would be Hoffman. they have some depth at the center position but you would think form an ottawa point of view that that includes zib.
i'd say the asking price would be
Zib, Chabot and this years number 1 pick likely in the top 6.
that i my view would be the cost. possibly worth it.(but then we are starting to amass a lot of salary.)

but if anything i've read is that simmons is the name that comes up out of philly. not giroux.

348How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:12 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We definitely need to upgrade ZBad this off season if we want a chance at a cup.  In fact, upgrading Zbad and adding a LW would be two moves that would near complete us IMO.

The odds are greatly against us MAKING THE PLAYOFFS and you think we're 2 moves away from being a cup contender?  #IdontThinkSo

Those are two huge moves that would filter down the lineup. Yeah, I'd say we're those two moves away from competing, especially with young players like White coming up.

The D is pretty much set now. It's night and day from what it was prior to the Phaneuf trade.

349How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We definitely need to upgrade ZBad this off season if we want a chance at a cup.  In fact, upgrading Zbad and adding a LW would be two moves that would near complete us IMO.

The odds are greatly against us MAKING THE PLAYOFFS and you think we're 2 moves away from being a cup contender?  #IdontThinkSo

You mean like Tampa when they drafted top three just two and a half seasons ago?

350How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:36 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion that Claude Giroux wouldn't mind coming 'home' to the sens....let's make that happen.
That!... Is beautiful wishful thinking.

Him and Bobby Ryan are good friends! Sarcasm And Giroux lives in Ottawa and is also buddies with Methot.  

Conversely, Giroux could also be recruiting Ryan to join the Flyers Facepalm

Anyways yes it's wishful thinking but I don't think it's entirely impossible if you start with Zibanejad + Hoffman....

first, i don't see philly parting with giroux. just don't.

but if you did, i'm not sure it would be Hoffman. they have some depth at the center position but  you would think form an ottawa point of view that that includes zib.
i'd say the asking price would be
Zib, Chabot and this years number 1 pick likely in the top 6.
that i my view would be the cost. possibly worth it.(but then we are starting to amass a lot of salary.)

but if anything i've read is that simmons is the name that comes up out of philly. not giroux.

Yeah I agree. Only way would be if Giroux actually wanted out of philly and uses his NTC to approve something to Ottawa. But it's a pipe dream, we'll get back to reality now.

351How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:39 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispensed wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We definitely need to upgrade ZBad this off season if we want a chance at a cup.  In fact, upgrading Zbad and adding a LW would be two moves that would near complete us IMO.

The odds are greatly against us MAKING THE PLAYOFFS and you think we're 2 moves away from being a cup contender?  #IdontThinkSo

Those are two huge moves that would filter down the lineup.  Yeah, I'd say we're those two moves away from competing, especially with young players like White coming up.  

The D is pretty much set now.  It's night and day from what it was prior to the Phaneuf trade.

Well, curb your enthusiasm. White hasn't played an NHL game yet. Too early to declare him a franchise player !!!

352How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:40 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We definitely need to upgrade ZBad this off season if we want a chance at a cup.  In fact, upgrading Zbad and adding a LW would be two moves that would near complete us IMO.

The odds are greatly against us MAKING THE PLAYOFFS and you think we're 2 moves away from being a cup contender?  #IdontThinkSo

You mean like Tampa when they drafted top three just two and a half seasons ago?

Yeah, but that's not quite what we're talking about here ... Is it?

353How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The reality is Boro is out and Wiercioch is playing, we have an AHL call-up on the top line, a 4th line checking center on the 2nd and our top goal scorer on the 3rd.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

354How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:01 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We definitely need to upgrade ZBad this off season if we want a chance at a cup.  In fact, upgrading Zbad and adding a LW would be two moves that would near complete us IMO.

The odds are greatly against us MAKING THE PLAYOFFS and you think we're 2 moves away from being a cup contender?  #IdontThinkSo

Those are two huge moves that would filter down the lineup.  Yeah, I'd say we're those two moves away from competing, especially with young players like White coming up.  

The D is pretty much set now.  It's night and day from what it was prior to the Phaneuf trade.

Well, curb your enthusiasm. White hasn't played an NHL game yet.  Too early to declare him a franchise player !!!
I have a feeling White will never suit up for the Sens.

355How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:12 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:It's hard to sign anyone, these days.  Chiasson took the Sens to arbitration, for pete's sake.  Chiasson!  At least a guy who's led your team in scoring each of his first two full seasons is worth going after.  A guy you drafted and developed.  Do you pay a bit more to keep him?  I would.  Encourages everyone through the ranks to try harder.  

Totally agree. You run the risk of someone getting injured as well. DiPietro is an extreme case but look what happened there. And if you sign someone to a 1-2 year deal you run the risk of them signing elsewhere for more money. Turris contract is probably the best contract in the NHL. Hoffman will probably get a 5x5 contract. It's good market value assuming he keeps up his production, great value if he can score 35+ consistently, and terrible if he's a 20 goal player.

I think we'll be a much different team next year. Personally I'd try to get rid of Zib but it's likely not going to happen.

Mac-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zib-Ryan
Drouin-Pageau-Lazar
Dzingel-Smith-McCormick

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Boro
Wideman
I think we'll have something like this next year

Hoffman Duchesne Ryan
MacArthur Turris Stone
Puempel Pageau Lazar
Dzingel FA vet PK centre McCormick
Neil

Methot Karlsson
Phaneuf Ceci
Boro Wideman
Claessen

Anderson
Hammond

Of course if we win the draft lottery Duchesne is out and Matthews is in which puts Zbad back in the lineup.

356How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:17 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Oglethorpe wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We definitely need to upgrade ZBad this off season if we want a chance at a cup.  In fact, upgrading Zbad and adding a LW would be two moves that would near complete us IMO.

The odds are greatly against us MAKING THE PLAYOFFS and you think we're 2 moves away from being a cup contender?  #IdontThinkSo

Those are two huge moves that would filter down the lineup.  Yeah, I'd say we're those two moves away from competing, especially with young players like White coming up.  

The D is pretty much set now.  It's night and day from what it was prior to the Phaneuf trade.

Well, curb your enthusiasm. White hasn't played an NHL game yet.  Too early to declare him a franchise player !!!
I have a feeling White will never suit up for the Sens.  
Someone is expecting a big trade!

I think Management will do all it can to keep white and Chabot. Maybe I'm wrong but the way Dorion is gushing over those two... It would take something surer than Drouin.

Mind you drafting matthews could change things.

357How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We definitely need to upgrade ZBad this off season if we want a chance at a cup.  In fact, upgrading Zbad and adding a LW would be two moves that would near complete us IMO.

The odds are greatly against us MAKING THE PLAYOFFS and you think we're 2 moves away from being a cup contender?  #IdontThinkSo

Those are two huge moves that would filter down the lineup.  Yeah, I'd say we're those two moves away from competing, especially with young players like White coming up.  

The D is pretty much set now.  It's night and day from what it was prior to the Phaneuf trade.

Well, curb your enthusiasm. White hasn't played an NHL game yet.  Too early to declare him a franchise player !!!

I didn't call him a franchise player, but I site him as a top prospect for us.

358How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We definitely need to upgrade ZBad this off season if we want a chance at a cup.  In fact, upgrading Zbad and adding a LW would be two moves that would near complete us IMO.

The odds are greatly against us MAKING THE PLAYOFFS and you think we're 2 moves away from being a cup contender?  #IdontThinkSo

Those are two huge moves that would filter down the lineup.  Yeah, I'd say we're those two moves away from competing, especially with young players like White coming up.  

The D is pretty much set now.  It's night and day from what it was prior to the Phaneuf trade.

Well, curb your enthusiasm. White hasn't played an NHL game yet.  Too early to declare him a franchise player !!!
I have a feeling White will never suit up for the Sens.  
Someone is expecting a big trade!

I think Management will do all it can to keep white and Chabot. Maybe I'm wrong but the way Dorion is gushing over those two... It would take something surer than Drouin.

Mind you drafting matthews could change things.

It better not be for Drouin. Duchene maybe, but not Drouin.

359How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:18 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Dzingel looked great tonight. We could really have a solid 4th line next year

360How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:12 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
If they trade white I'm switching teams

361How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dzingel looked great tonight. We could really have a solid 4th line next year

Hes not a 4th liner though.

362How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:28 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dzingel looked great tonight. We could really have a solid 4th line next year

Hes not a 4th liner though.
He's a little small but could be an interesting option for some scoring on the 3rd line that can jump on the 2nd line.
And I mean on a healthy team.

Really liked the speed he had. All over the ice.

363How do we fix the Senators - Page 24 Empty Re: How do we fix the Senators on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:17 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Apparently we had scouts at the St. Louis game, and they had scouts at our game. I wonder if that has anything to do with Nick Paul getting in the lineup? Regardless, the trade winds are blowing.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum