You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #50: Sabres @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Tuesday, Jan 26 2016

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
wow, i really wish i would live closer sometimes. this is a great opportunity tonight to beat the habs in the standings!

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:wow, i really wish i would live closer sometimes. this is a great opportunity tonight to beat the habs in the standings!
You will be closer when they move to Lebreton. TwoThumbsUp!

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:wow, i really wish i would live closer sometimes. this is a great opportunity tonight to beat the habs in the standings!
You will be closer when they move to Lebreton. TwoThumbsUp!
Marginally. But definitely closer to the bars when I am in town. Big point right there.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Nice work by ZBad getting in Lehner's kitchen on the Ottawa goal. He should do that all the time.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Very nice work by Ceci and Prince on Ryan's goal.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Surprise...Andy let's in a wraparound.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Andy is done.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
Nice loss

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
What a wet fart.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
No way we miss the playoffs. With Turris back next week we go all the way.

Buckle up

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Like I said, we needed nearly 40 shots to get 2 on Lehner and Andy couldn't keep it under 2.

Besides Turris coming back, swap out Cowen for Methot and we have two more wins in the last five.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Like I said, we needed nearly 40 shots to get 2 on Lehner and Andy couldn't keep it under 2.  

Besides Turris coming back, swap out Cowen for Methot and we have two more wins in the last five.

Lol yup Cowen lost the games himself

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Like I said, we needed nearly 40 shots to get 2 on Lehner and Andy couldn't keep it under 2.  

Lol yup Cowen lost the games himself

Win as a team, lose as a team. No scapegoat required.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Karlsson had an interesting quote after the game:

"we're a budget team... We don't have the players here that most high skill teams do. We're successful when we play a grinding game."

Heeheehee. Obviously, he shouldn't have said this. That said, he is obviously frustrated, and this is how it came out. It's certainly no secret that the Sens are currently a "budget" team, but we also have the understanding that Melnyk will keep spending more to retain key players, which has been shown so far.

Still, though, this is a tough stigma to shake...I hope that in 2019/20, Karlsson doesn't feel the same way and will be willing to stick around.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
If he continues to be frustrated he won't get to the end of his contract without "quietly" asking for a trade.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
SeawaySensFan wrote:If he continues to be frustrated he won't get to the end of his contract without "quietly" asking for a trade.
I wonder if Dr. Poo is contacting him to call him alarmist for saying "budget team" ?

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Karlsson had an interesting quote after the game:

"we're a budget team... We don't have the players here that most high skill teams do. We're successful when we play a grinding game."

Heeheehee.  Obviously, he shouldn't have said this.  That said, he is obviously frustrated, and this is how it came out.  It's certainly no secret that the Sens are currently a "budget" team, but we also have the understanding that Melnyk will keep spending more to retain key players, which has been shown so far.  

Still, though, this is a tough stigma to shake...I hope that in 2019/20, Karlsson doesn't feel the same way and will be willing to stick around.

I call a whole lot of BS on that. The team has skills, same group has shown capability of winning last season. The offense has run dry, we can't score on the powerplay, etc.

Quite disappointed to hear such dumb comments from our team captain. It's still not as bad as 'probably not' but it's close.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
And what the shit kind of goals did the sabres score on anderson last night? They were absolute gifts. That's why we lost.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum