Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24754
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:54 pm

wprager wrote:Methot won't play tomorrow, Cameron says he doesn't know whether he will be out long or short term.  Good thing they've got Wikstrand back on the ice playing now.  Might need him sooner rather than later.  Karlsson and two Swedish rookies.  What could go wrong.

Turris and Hoffman are game-time decisions.  I didn't know there was anything wrong with Turris (other than from his lacklustre play of late).  

I think he's been playing with pain or an injury or two since before Christmas. You wouldn't know that just looking at the score sheet though.

Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:58 pm

I honestly think he's been playing to keep his iron man streak alive. It's commendable that something like that means so much to him, but it might serve the team better to sit him out to heal up.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54243
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Michallica wrote:I honestly think he's been playing to keep his iron man streak alive. It's commendable that something like that means so much to him, but it might serve the team better to sit him out to heal up.  

Yeah, I'm wondering the same.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12923
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:27 pm

I don't know what to think about Wilkstrand. I'm not sure either if he ever plays a game for the senators. I'd argue he'll have to play some games in the minors if he ever plans on playing in the NHL but if he skips the minors then I'd imagine it's because we've traded his rights. It will be interesting to see what happens to his numbers this season. I sure hope he's been training for his Donkey. Such a wasted player.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47671
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:17 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:Methot won't play tomorrow, Cameron says he doesn't know whether he will be out long or short term.  Good thing they've got Wikstrand back on the ice playing now.  Might need him sooner rather than later.  Karlsson and two Swedish rookies.  What could go wrong.

Turris and Hoffman are game-time decisions.  I didn't know there was anything wrong with Turris (other than from his lacklustre play of late).  

I think he's been playing with pain or an injury or two since before Christmas. You wouldn't know that just looking at the score sheet though.

You know, maybe you just think it's funny but I've had about enough of this Dung. Seriously just Diddle off, ok? No matter what I post is always the same from you. Did I run over your cat? Steal your girlfriend in school? Cut you off in the parking lot? We can have differences inopinion, I don't have a problem with that. But I do have a problem with your constant attacks against me, both direct and indirect.

Maybe I need to get a bit thicker skin, or maybe you need to stop acting like an aaahole. Probably a little of both.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:38 am

Michallica wrote:Well. Mikael Wikstrand officially loaned to Farjestad.  Curious about this decision, I guess sens management caved and let him play in Sweden.  Bad example in my books but cutting their losses as trade bait

I think that's exactly right. He has no trade value while he's sitting on the sidelines. Get him on the ice so that they can use him to boost a trade package.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:15 am

wprager wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

You know, maybe you just think it's funny but I've had about enough of this Dung. Seriously just Diddle off, ok?  No matter what I post is always the same from you. Did I run over your cat? Steal your girlfriend in school?  Cut you off in the parking lot?  We can have differences inopinion, I don't have a problem with that. But I do have a problem with your constant attacks against me, both direct and indirect.

Maybe I need to get a bit thicker skin, or maybe you need to stop acting like an aaahole.  Probably a little of both.

You have no problem dishing it out? Right?

I'm not being an A hole at all. I just find it hard to believe you wouldn't know there was anything wrong with Turris when it's pretty clear to anyone who follows the team there is something wrong and there has been for quite a while now.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:45 am

Show me a series of posts where I attack another poster, repeatedly saying they are wrong as usual, or that they don't watch the games (implying their opinion is white), or dismissing their argument because they are only backed by statistics? Show me where I "dish it out".

As for Turris, of course we all know what happened *over a month ago*. He hasn't missed a game so I was wondering if something happened more recently.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:46 am

Diddle it, why do I even bother. There is an easier way.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:47 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah, I think this coincided with that brutal-looking play where it seemed his knee was split in two. Everyone assumed he'd be out forever, but he never missed a game.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:44 am

wprager wrote:Show me a series of posts where I attack another poster, repeatedly saying they are wrong as usual, or that they don't watch the games (implying their opinion is white), or dismissing their argument because they are only backed by statistics?  Show me where I "dish it out".

As for Turris, of course we all know what happened *over a month ago*.  He hasn't missed a game so I was wondering if something happened more recently.

I'm not saying you attacked anyone. I'm just saying I'm not attacking you. You're making a big deal out of nothing.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:55 am

Next time you're wrong I'll drop the "as usual" part since I think you may have been right about a couple of things probably.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:11 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:Next time you're wrong I'll drop the "as usual" part

Yeah, it's implied anyway.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1886
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:35 am

Take advantage of this Drouin mess and make a trade. Ceci + Prince for Drouin. Get er done
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20773
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:35 am

No thanks. Wouldn't trade Ceci for Drouin at this point.

This trade should be no different than what we gave up for Filatov
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:44 am

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Take advantage of this Drouin mess and make a trade. Ceci + Prince for Drouin. Get er done

KABLAM!!!! LET'S DROU IT!!!!
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:23 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    I'm not saying you attacked anyone. I'm just saying I'm not attacking you. You're making a big deal out of nothing.

Umm.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    You have no problem dishing it out? Right?

Or were you just asking a legitimate question?

Show me one thread where I "dished it out" on anyone. When someone calls you out for being an bunghole you can do a couple things. Carry on as usual, claiming you are not an bunghole and that the person accusing you is just making a big deal out of nothing. Or stop being an bunghole. Your choice.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:24 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:Next time you're wrong I'll drop the "as usual" part  

Yeah, it's implied anyway.

I know you think this is funny, but when the person on the other side says he's not laughing along maybe it's better to stop.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:16 pm