You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
Spader is fine. Just saw he posted someone on FB. Wow, what a Dung thing to happen. You think it only happens south of the border.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Five dead, two others critical. In a community of just 3,000 that's going to touch every one.

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
We should really be checking out what It would cost to get shatts. He wont be cheap to resign but he'd be Worth it.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
We need quite a few things.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yzerman officially on crack:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/01/22/tampa-bay-lightning-want-ottawa-senators-prospect-thomas-chabot-in-any-trade-for-jonathan-drouin

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Two top prospects? Good luck.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah it'd be tough to do Chabot straight up, but two top prospects for a whackjob? No thanks.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah it'd be tough to do Chabot straight up, but two top prospects for a whackjob?  No thanks.

Yzerman is an even bigger whackjob.

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Five dead, two others critical.  In a community of just 3,000 that's going to touch every one.

Four dead. One of the critical cases was misreported. Several others were injured, but I'm ok. Thanks for the concern folks. And yes, Ev, it was indeed my school. The whole thing was surreal.

I won't be saying anything else on the matter. I just wanted to thank you guys for thinking of us.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Five dead, two others critical.  In a community of just 3,000 that's going to touch every one.

Four dead. One of the critical cases was misreported. Several others were injured, but I'm ok. Thanks for the concern folks. And yes, Ev, it was indeed my school. The whole thing was surreal.

I won't be saying anything else on the matter. I just wanted to thank you guys for thinking of us.
Glad everything is ok man. Should be a tough time coming up for everyone involved. Hope for a good recovery.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah it'd be tough to do Chabot straight up, but two top prospects for a whackjob?  No thanks.
I can imagine a Chabot one for one would be a decent offer but personally I'd rather keep Chabot as he probably will be addressing an important need for us a couple of years down the road. I was pretty happy to draft him when we did. Not about to change that.

It will be interesting to see what the final deal involves. Stevie seems to want to capitalize as much as he can on a deal, drouin seems to be trying to tie his hands up on this one. Kid has some major issues if you ask me. I'm not sold on trading for him. Don't like the self entitled attitude and I see this as being very different than the turris situation.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Season saving trades? Didn't think so.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
You can't really blame Stevie Y for asking for the moon. TB isn't in a rush as they've been playing well lately.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Not to put the horse ahead of the cart but if we fall out of playoff contention it could get interesting as the first three draft spots will be weighted so we could get our hands on one of them. We could use the org to draft a possible number 1 C, Auston Matthews..? Dare to dream.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
The more I hear about the drouin situation the more I start to wonder if Ottawa isn't one of the front runners to make this deal happen. The fact that elements of the proposed pieces have been leaked to the media suggest to me that both sides might be posturing. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Ottawa was trying to up the value of Ceci in a bid to not have to add much more to the trade and yzerman leaked the need for Ottawa to package two top prospects including Chabot as way to signal that if the other deal isn't reached then this high price would be what is asked for.
Maybe this doesn't lead to anything but when. Was the last time that packages were this heavenly discussed in the media? Very rarely. Usually it's speculation.
I'm actually starting to lean on the side that a drouin trade to Ottawa is more and more likely. What will it look like? Who knows. But this is way past the tire kicking stage.

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
So how about that Cowen? He looked decent yesterday and was key in the GWG by Ryan.

Incidentally, as his play starts to improve, there's an interesting article about Cowen's trade stock rising because of this contract situation

http://www.tsn.ca/mondaymustread-rare-contract-cap-credit-raises-cowen-s-value-1.428314

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Michallica wrote:So how about that Cowen? He looked decent yesterday and was key in the GWG by Ryan.

Incidentally, as his play starts to improve, there's an interesting article about Cowen's trade stock rising because of this contract situation

http://www.tsn.ca/mondaymustread-rare-contract-cap-credit-raises-cowen-s-value-1.428314
Yeah I read that. Interesting. I would of not thought about it.
I did notice his booming shot on net at one point which reminded me of the lost potential we thought he once had. Maybe a scout sees that and gets some ideas.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:So how about that Cowen? He looked decent yesterday and was key in the GWG by Ryan.

Incidentally, as his play starts to improve, there's an interesting article about Cowen's trade stock rising because of this contract situation

http://www.tsn.ca/mondaymustread-rare-contract-cap-credit-raises-cowen-s-value-1.428314
Yeah I read that. Interesting. I would of not thought about it.
I did notice his booming shot on net at one point which reminded me of the lost potential we thought he once had. Maybe a scout sees that and gets some ideas.

He broke his own shot record at the Sens skills competition. He's got the shot and the size. Maybe a change of scenery really is what the doctor ordered.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum