You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It's almost time to put Alfie as head coach . Try to not listen to him. You can Diddle right off if you can't be coached by Alfie

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lo! Much like The Great One, I'm not sure The Alfie would make a good coach.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I think he would personally

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispensed wrote:It's almost time to put Alfie as head coach . Try to not listen to him.  You can Diddle right off if you can't be coached by Alfie
Facepalm

It's time for a veteran coach like Julien when he gets canned. If someone like him can't fix the defensive issues then you will know it's the roster. Hell I would even take that fat bastard from St Louis for a couple years.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I dont like Julien or Hitchcock

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:I think he would personally
Alfie was the silent type of on the ice, led by example. Does that translate to coaching? He might be ok to coach during practices but I don't know about head coaching.

I want Jason smith the Diddle out.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I think he would personally
Alfie was the silent type of on the ice, led by example. Does that translate to coaching? He might be ok to coach during practices but I don't know about head coaching.

I want Jason smith the Diddle out.

Why not? Who knows the ins and outs of the game better than Alfie?

I want every coach fired this summer. All of them

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispensed wrote:I dont like Julien or Hitchcock
What the hell is wrong with Julien.

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I think he would personally
Alfie was the silent type of on the ice, led by example. Does that translate to coaching? He might be ok to coach during practices but I don't know about head coaching.

I want Jason smith the Diddle out.

Why not?  Who knows the ins and outs of the game better than Alfie?

I want every coach fired this summer.  All of them
I think you've gone off the deep end a little. He has never had any coaching experience. It would be a disaster.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I dont like Julien or Hitchcock
What the hell is wrong with Julien.  

Never liked defense first coaches. I want a hybrid coach.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I think he would personally
Alfie was the silent type of on the ice, led by example. Does that translate to coaching? He might be ok to coach during practices but I don't know about head coaching.

I want Jason smith the Diddle out.

Why not?  Who knows the ins and outs of the game better than Alfie?

I want every coach fired this summer.  All of them
I think you've gone off the deep end a little.  He has never had any coaching experience.   It would be a disaster.  

Youre not curious to see what one of the great hockey minds could do behind the bench? It didn't work for Gretzky, but does that mean you never try with Alfie?

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I dont like Julien or Hitchcock
What the hell is wrong with Julien.  

Never liked defense first coaches.   I want a hybrid coach.
Quenville is a defensive coach, Julien has had aggressive forechecking teams in Boston that are still excellent defensively. You have to go back to Pittsburgh in 08-09 to find a cup winner who finished outside the top 5 in goals against during the regular season, in fact more often than not the SC winner has allowed the fewest reg season goals against.

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I think he would personally
Alfie was the silent type of on the ice, led by example. Does that translate to coaching? He might be ok to coach during practices but I don't know about head coaching.

I want Jason smith the Diddle out.

Why not?  Who knows the ins and outs of the game better than Alfie?

I want every coach fired this summer.  All of them
I think you've gone off the deep end a little.  He has never had any coaching experience.   It would be a disaster.  

Youre not curious to see what one of the great hockey minds could do behind the bench?  It didn't work for Gretzky,  but does that mean you never try with Alfie?
Not even remotely curious. It takes special talent to do that job well, not to mention once you fire him he's gone from the org for good.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I dont like Julien or Hitchcock
What the hell is wrong with Julien.  

Never liked defense first coaches.   I want a hybrid coach.
Quenville is a defensive coach, Julien has had aggressive forechecking teams in Boston that are still excellent defensively.   You have to go back to Pittsburgh in 08-09 to find a cup winner who finished outside the top 5 in goals against during the regular season, in fact more often than not the SC winner has allowed the fewest reg season goals against.  


That is Juliens saving grace for me, that he coaches a ferocious forecheck. I dunno...Quennville demands a 200 foot game from each player, less defensive first, but I'll take a change right now. I'd take Julien if he's the best option out there and hope for the best.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I think he would personally
Alfie was the silent type of on the ice, led by example. Does that translate to coaching? He might be ok to coach during practices but I don't know about head coaching.

I want Jason smith the Diddle out.

Why not?  Who knows the ins and outs of the game better than Alfie?

I want every coach fired this summer.  All of them
I feel you but reall, he's never coached? I mean that's a franchise disaster waiting to happen. Coaches have one way out of their positions and that is being fired. Do you want Alfie fired eventually and leave the franchise? I sure don't. I'd much rather have him an assistant GM or in charge of player development (which is still what I think he might be best suited for, getting youngster to do what's right and learn the tricks from a real pro.)

I want a coach with experience. A coach that has preferably won a cup. Right now the only guy that is remotely interesting is Crawford but I don't know if it's really a match. He's been passed over too many times.

We might see a few coaches on the move this summer. We'll see who becomes available.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I think he would personally
Alfie was the silent type of on the ice, led by example. Does that translate to coaching? He might be ok to coach during practices but I don't know about head coaching.

I want Jason smith the Diddle out.

Why not?  Who knows the ins and outs of the game better than Alfie?

I want every coach fired this summer.  All of them
I think you've gone off the deep end a little.  He has never had any coaching experience.   It would be a disaster.  

Youre not curious to see what one of the great hockey minds could do behind the bench?  It didn't work for Gretzky,  but does that mean you never try with Alfie?
Not even remotely curious.  It takes special talent to do that job well, not to mention once you fire him he's gone from the org for good.  
Haha, hadn't read that quote yet. I completely agree. Not what I want with Alfie.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Alfie has no coaching experience and I think we all agree that, apart from getting some fresh blood, we need to get an *experienced* NHL head coach.

Just not Torts.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Three words: Iron. Mike. Keenan.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum