GAME DAY #54: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Monday, Feb 8 2016

    Share

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13120
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #54: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Monday, Feb 8 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:06 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:You think Prince gets to stick on that line now? Jeez Cameron. Get a clue?

    Two dominating wins, yes, let's criticize the coach RIGHT NOW!


    Seriously, even though Bishop was on the bench, this was one of our finest games of the season.  Just excellent.
    Yes because coaching had helped us win some games before right? Injuries played a factor and I don't think coaching helped us get through them. I do think the fact that Cameron wasted Prince on the fourth line was indicative of his failure to recognize his capabilities.
    So he finally juggled the lines into something that worked. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

    Cameron has not impressed me one bit this year.

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13120
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #54: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Monday, Feb 8 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:07 am

    wprager wrote:Looking at the standings, wow, it's gonna be tough.  4 points back of the Islanders but they have 3 games in hand!  Then, again, just 6 points back of Detroit/Boston/Tampa to get in either the other wildcard spot or top three in the Atlantic.

    Dilemma: Tampa is playing the Habs.  We are tied with the Habs and 6 back of Tampa.  Who do I root for?  The Habs, maybe, since without Price they're not going to win a lot anyway. In any case, root for a regulation game and significant injuries.

    Of course you would say that. Never!

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54423
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #54: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Monday, Feb 8 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:32 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Chiasson waa good again.  Is it a 'hot' streak or is he figuring it out?

    When the whole team plays well, everyone looks a little better in general.  He has different linemates...maybe this is just a better fit for him.  I don't think, long-term, we're going to get much more out of Chiasson than we've been getting.

    I'm tentative to say anything too positive, but maybe this is a case of a 'power forward' (lol), who is starting to come into his own at a later age. Not sure really, but he definitely appears to be much more focused on his forechecking and using his body along the boards - almost as if Lazar has rubbed off on him in a strange way. My preference will always be to have someone who can score on the team in his slot, but...maybe he can play this way consistently...or is that too much to hope...

    wprager wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Chiasson waa good again.  Is it a 'hot' streak or is he figuring it out?

    He's definitely playing better.  I won't quite say he was a beast but he was doing all the right things. Maybe enjoys playing with a center who's not half his size, who knows.  

    Yeah, maybe Lazar and him meshed and now ZBad and him are getting some mojo going. He was lucky to have Pageau as his C IMO, but perhaps it wasn't working. Anyway...let's see how he does in the next 5 games or so. Is it a fluke?...
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47948
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #54: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Monday, Feb 8 2016

    Post by wprager on Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:11 am

    Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:You think Prince gets to stick on that line now? Jeez Cameron. Get a clue?

    Two dominating wins, yes, let's criticize the coach RIGHT NOW!


    Seriously, even though Bishop was on the bench, this was one of our finest games of the season.  Just excellent.
    Yes because coaching had helped us win some games before right? Injuries played a factor and I don't think coaching helped us get through them. I do think the fact that Cameron wasted Prince on the fourth line was indicative of his failure to recognize his capabilities.
    So he finally juggled the lines into something that worked. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

    Cameron has not impressed me one bit this year.

    He was quite impressive in how he argued for the penalty shot (me, given the PK prior to the Leafs game, I would have gladly taken the 4-on-4).


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47948
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #54: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Monday, Feb 8 2016

    Post by wprager on Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:13 am

    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:Looking at the standings, wow, it's gonna be tough.  4 points back of the Islanders but they have 3 games in hand!  Then, again, just 6 points back of Detroit/Boston/Tampa to get in either the other wildcard spot or top three in the Atlantic.

    Dilemma: Tampa is playing the Habs.  We are tied with the Habs and 6 back of Tampa.  Who do I root for?  The Habs, maybe, since without Price they're not going to win a lot anyway. In any case, root for a regulation game and significant injuries.

    Of course you would say that. Never!

    Please. I used to cheer for Moscow Spartak and Dynamo in the past. Montreal's in the past. I've now officially lived in Ottawa longer than either Montreal or Moscow. I may have a warm memory of the Habs of the '70s but the last Habs player I actually liked was Saku.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY #54: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Monday, Feb 8 2016

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:51 am