GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Share

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47936
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:41 am

    Having sampled some youtube feeds in the past, they've always been much better (VQ) than other (free) streams. I've had zero experience with paid streams.

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16317
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:05 pm

    Phenough of your paltry ramblings about how to steal from the poor NHL.

    Go Sens Go! Dion's getting a hat trick tonight.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47936
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:37 pm

    Wiercioch will be the healthy scratch tonight. Boro-Wideman on the third pairing. So much for the thought about alternating Boro/Wier depending on the opponent. Wings don't strike me as a rough team so no need for Boro's toughness.

    I like that, actually. Phaneuf plays with an edge, so now we have toughness in all three pairings. I'd venture to guess that at least some of our shots-against issues stem from rebounds and not clearing the crease. This will help.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47936
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:39 pm

    How to win friends and influence people.

    Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally 9m9 minutes ago

    Phaneuf joined Neil for breakfast this morning. Neil said Phaneuf even paid. I like him already said Neil.

    Note how he picked breakfast, not supper.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16317
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:42 pm

    Don't underestimate how much Cameron (and Murray) love Boro. Don't forget, he was wearing an "A" when Turris was out.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47936
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:46 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:Don't underestimate how much Cameron (and Murray) love Boro. Don't forget, he was wearing an "A" when Turris was out.

    Yep.

    But, like I said, I actually don't mind the added toughness. Let's face it, our forwards, by-and-large, are a bunch of sweethearts (except for Stone on Ferraro -- what's up with that?) You've got Neil who hits to hurt and that's about it. So it's nice to have one more hard player on the back end.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by LeCaptain on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:59 pm

    A nice Double Dion on the Larkin/Zetterberg duo would be much appreciated.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13112
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:48 pm

    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Don't underestimate how much Cameron (and Murray) love Boro. Don't forget, he was wearing an "A" when Turris was out.

    Yep.

    But, like I said, I actually don't mind the added toughness. Let's face it, our forwards, by-and-large, are a bunch of sweethearts (except for Stone on Ferraro -- what's up with that?) You've got Neil who hits to hurt and that's about it. So it's nice to have one more hard player on the back end.
    smith, mcormick (when he's up here) Lazar doesn't fight but he's got an edge.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16317
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:53 pm

    lol Lazar
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54403
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:17 pm

    LeCaptain wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:Could people contribute a list of sites they use for streams?

    Atdhe seems to be complete spam these days and so is the other site I was using. I need some new ones.

    Check this thread tonight
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLStreams

    Thank you. We're in montabello
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13112
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:40 pm

    Did you guys hear? "It's a new start, it's a fresh start" hahaha, phaneuf must of said it a thousand times. He seems in shock over this even more than the fans. He's saying all the right things but it must feel really weird.

    God I can't get used to his face in our jersey. It's going to take a while.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20853
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by Ev on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:43 pm

    I don't care what Wiercioch's numbers say. He is not a better defender than Phaneuf
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47936
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:44 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Don't underestimate how much Cameron (and Murray) love Boro. Don't forget, he was wearing an "A" when Turris was out.

    Yep.

    But, like I said, I actually don't mind the added toughness. Let's face it, our forwards, by-and-large, are a bunch of sweethearts (except for Stone on Ferraro -- what's up with that?) You've got Neil who hits to hurt and that's about it. So it's nice to have one more hard player on the back end.
    smith, mcormick (when he's up here) Lazar doesn't fight but he's got an edge.

    Lazar is not a soft player but he doesn't have an "edge". Same for Smith. I'm talking about guys like Perry. They'll try to give you that little bit extra push/slash/trip just because they are mean diddles.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47936
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:45 pm

    Ev wrote:I don't care what Wiercioch's numbers say. He is not a better defender than Phaneuf

    Where did you even hear that? Wiercioch's numbers, this year, are pretty terrible, I thought.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13112
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:46 pm

    Ev wrote:I don't care what Wiercioch's numbers say. He is not a better defender than Phaneuf
    That's an easy assumption.
    The more the stats community evolves the easier it gets to rip them as the results aren't there half the time. There's a lot more that comes in play on if players will be good than god damn corsi!
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13112
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:49 pm

    wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Don't underestimate how much Cameron (and Murray) love Boro. Don't forget, he was wearing an "A" when Turris was out.

    Yep.

    But, like I said, I actually don't mind the added toughness. Let's face it, our forwards, by-and-large, are a bunch of sweethearts (except for Stone on Ferraro -- what's up with that?) You've got Neil who hits to hurt and that's about it. So it's nice to have one more hard player on the back end.
    smith, mcormick (when he's up here) Lazar doesn't fight but he's got an edge.

    Lazar is not a soft player but he doesn't have an "edge". Same for Smith. I'm talking about guys like Perry. They'll try to give you that little bit extra push/slash/trip just because they are mean diddles.
    well yes that's a different type altogether. I felt you were saying they were soft?
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47936
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:56 pm

    Wiercioch is (was?) second on the Sens D in SA% (percentage of shot attempts which is essentially Corsi). He was 47.65 (EK is the only one above 50). Phaneuf was 51.3, so better. Also Phaneuf had slightly more defensive zone starts (not much of a difference -- Wier had 53% offensive zone starts and Dion had 53%). There was a pretty big difference in the SPS, add up shooting percentage of your team and save percentage of your goalie while you're on the ice -- this used to be called PDO and is, essentially, a measure of luck. Wiercioch is at 1001 and Phaneuf at 985. Since the Leafs had decent SV% I assume he's being dragged down by the fact that the Leafs suck.

    So I expect Phaneuf to be much better with Ottawa than Wiercioch.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16317
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:08 pm

    Wow, off topic again GMH. GO SENS GO! WINGS FOR DINNER!! YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:11 pm