GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Share

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13379
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:49 pm

    wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Don't underestimate how much Cameron (and Murray) love Boro. Don't forget, he was wearing an "A" when Turris was out.

    Yep.

    But, like I said, I actually don't mind the added toughness. Let's face it, our forwards, by-and-large, are a bunch of sweethearts (except for Stone on Ferraro -- what's up with that?) You've got Neil who hits to hurt and that's about it. So it's nice to have one more hard player on the back end.
    smith, mcormick (when he's up here) Lazar doesn't fight but he's got an edge.

    Lazar is not a soft player but he doesn't have an "edge". Same for Smith. I'm talking about guys like Perry. They'll try to give you that little bit extra push/slash/trip just because they are mean diddles.
    well yes that's a different type altogether. I felt you were saying they were soft?

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48313
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:56 pm

    Wiercioch is (was?) second on the Sens D in SA% (percentage of shot attempts which is essentially Corsi). He was 47.65 (EK is the only one above 50). Phaneuf was 51.3, so better. Also Phaneuf had slightly more defensive zone starts (not much of a difference -- Wier had 53% offensive zone starts and Dion had 53%). There was a pretty big difference in the SPS, add up shooting percentage of your team and save percentage of your goalie while you're on the ice -- this used to be called PDO and is, essentially, a measure of luck. Wiercioch is at 1001 and Phaneuf at 985. Since the Leafs had decent SV% I assume he's being dragged down by the fact that the Leafs suck.

    So I expect Phaneuf to be much better with Ottawa than Wiercioch.

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16509
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:08 pm

    Wow, off topic again GMH. GO SENS GO! WINGS FOR DINNER!! YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by spader on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:18 pm

    I can't wait. Not sure if I'll get to watch the game, but I'm looking forward to at least seeing the highlights. I'm visiting my girlfriend's family in Toronto, so the chances of seeing the game seem low to me.
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:34 pm

    spader wrote:I can't wait. Not sure if I'll get to watch the game, but I'm looking forward to at least seeing the highlights. I'm visiting my girlfriend's family in Toronto, so the chances of seeing the game seem low to me.

    It is a national game tonight so as long as they got a tv, just have it running in the background.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54632
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:06 pm

    Ev wrote:I don't care what Wiercioch's numbers say. He is not a better defender than Phaneuf

    Haha, who the hell said that?
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21021
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by Ev on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:11 pm

    Every Sens twitter blogger person
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13379
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:20 pm

    Oh Diddle yes. The analytic wannabe blogging community is Cussing annoying in Ottawa. Each giving each other felatio for coming up with the right set of numbers to prove the sens are doing it all wrong.... It's a Cussing Dung mountain and yost was the king of the hill.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by LeCaptain on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:42 pm

    Don't you people have better things to do than read fans on twitter?
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13379
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:43 pm

    LeCaptain wrote:Don't you people have better things to do than read fans on twitter?

    No... Grumbling
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48313
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:05 pm

    Ev wrote:Every Sens twitter blogger person

    Umm, not this year. Lilke I said, the only player on the Sens with a positive Corsi is Karlsson. Also the advanced stats when comparing two players on different teams are not very useful because teams with better possession numbers will result in better possession numbers for their players. But, again, Ottawa is a horrible team w.r.t. possession numbers and so are all the players not named Karlsson. Phaneuf's numbers aren't fantastic but he's playing on a really bad team (and in any case his numbers are *not* as bad as Wiercioch's).


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54632
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:09 pm

    Ev wrote:Every Sens twitter blogger person

    You need to.get away from twitter. You dont need stupid opinions.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48313
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:09 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:Oh Diddle yes. The analytic wannabe blogging community is Cussing annoying in Ottawa. Each giving each other felatio for coming up with the right set of numbers to prove the sens are doing it all wrong.... It's a Cussing Dung mountain and yost was the king of the hill.

    Who are you even talking about? @IneffectiveMath is one of the best but he's such a math nerd and posts so many graphs/charts that I gave up. Yost was never an analytics guy until he figured out he could Dung enough to get a job at TSN (still shaking my head on that one). I don't consider him to be one of the analytics crowd, and he's definitely not part of "Ottawa" anything.

    There is a @MannyElk that I used to follow because he was generally funny but then a couple days ago he started tweeting how Bobby Ryan is a racist. I don't think he was joking, either, but regardless, that's not funny, so I unfollowed him.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48313
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:10 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Ev wrote:Every Sens twitter blogger person

    You need to.get away from twitter. You dont need stupid opinions.

    You realize you mostly control what shows up in your feed. Sometimes I still see tweets of people I had unfollowed when they are retweeted by someone else, but mostly I only see what I am interested in.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16509
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:21 pm

    The # of times you hooligans have got off track in this topic is infuriating. Ev Wing Dang Doodle about Twitter all the time. Let that be his problem.

    Go Sens go!
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13379
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:54 pm

    wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:Oh Diddle yes. The analytic wannabe blogging community is Cussing annoying in Ottawa. Each giving each other felatio for coming up with the right set of numbers to prove the sens are doing it all wrong.... It's a Cussing Dung mountain and yost was the king of the hill.

    Who are you even talking about? @IneffectiveMath is one of the best but he's such a math nerd and posts so many graphs/charts that I gave up. Yost was never an analytics guy until he figured out he could Dung enough to get a job at TSN (still shaking my head on that one). I don't consider him to be one of the analytics crowd, and he's definitely not part of "Ottawa" anything.

    There is a @MannyElk that I used to follow because he was generally funny but then a couple days ago he started tweeting how Bobby Ryan is a racist. I don't think he was joking, either, but regardless, that's not funny, so I unfollowed him.
    6th sens and all the other suckers that suck his wand everytime he mentions stats. some on silver sens also
    i spend very little time on twitter. the stuff i see is what is posted and responded to on the blogs.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13379
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:56 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:The # of times you hooligans have got off track in this topic is infuriating. Ev Wing Dang Doodle about Twitter all the time. Let that be his problem.

    Go Sens go!
    Laughing3

    for once that people are on here posting!

    sssshhhhhhh everyone! the show is about to start!
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54632
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:56 pm

    How was dion?

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:59 am