Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24764
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: GAME DAY #55: Senators @ Red Wings - 7:00 pm - Wednesday, Feb 10 2016

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:59 am

Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:I've always been a  fan. He has shown little progression and doesn't have the drive anymore

I think you and me have been his biggest supporter and it's funny I'm also starting to feel the same way.

The fact he got a "coaching" from Karlsson in that commercial break is reinforcing my suspission that he's not listening to the coaching staff.

I think he just doesn't want to play hockey that much

Maybe he just wants to spin some wax? Anyway, I've often said he looks lazy and disinterested. Glad people are agreeing with me finally. I guess I was right again, as usual.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20857
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:56 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:
    Ev wrote:I've always been a  fan. He has shown little progression and doesn't have the drive anymore

I think you and me have been his biggest supporter and it's funny I'm also starting to feel the same way.

The fact he got a "coaching" from Karlsson in that commercial break is reinforcing my suspission that he's not listening to the coaching staff.

I think he just doesn't want to play hockey that much

Maybe he just wants to spin some wax? Anyway, I've often said he looks lazy and disinterested. Glad people are agreeing with me finally. I guess I was right again, as usual.

I never agreed because one of the reasons he was drafted was based on his motor.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47937
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:17 am

tim1_2 wrote:Hoffman should have the other point spot on PP#1 with EK, no question.

Dion was alright. I came here to say ZBad was terrible and then have to argue with Ev, but I see we're on the same page. He was Cussing brutal. Dunno why Cameron kept him on the PP.

An outstanding effort by Anderson wasted. That said Mrazek is the hottest goalie in the NHL, and Detroit is actually a pretty good team.

That second goal still burns me. Datsyuk and Ryan are battling and Datsyuk lifts Ryan's stick over his head -- is that not high-sticking? Somehow Ryan is tagged with the delayed penalty and Dion, well, it's not like Cowen or Wiercioch would have done anything different. Although Detroit got 7 penalties I yelled at my TV quite a bit as they got away with a ton of other crap.

Mrazek's internal temperature had nothing to do with getting 2 shots on goal in the first 6 powerplays. Or that goalpost 12 seconds in (if that goes in, it's a different game). Or the fact that the Sens were up 4-0 in shots on goal (plus the goal post and wide shot by Turris) when the Wings' *first* shot goes in.

Anderson had a good game, no doubt about it, but first shot in is a pattern repeated too many times. And, frankly, that goal by Zetterberg was another "perfect shot". Phaneuf shouldn't have let him even get that shot off, for sure, but Zetterberg wasn't getting around him so all Anderson had to do was stand against the post instead of going into the butterfly and opening up the top of the net. The first one was tipped by the D-man, wasn't it? Unfortunate but a butterfly goalie always goes down on the shot so not much he can do but whack his D-man in the nuts for not either blocking it or getting the Diddle out of the way. Too many of those, lately.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:18 am

tim1_2 wrote:Hoffman should have the other point spot on PP#1 with EK, no question.

Dion was alright. I came here to say ZBad was terrible and then have to argue with Ev, but I see we're on the same page. He was Cussing brutal. Dunno why Cameron kept him on the PP.

An outstanding effort by Anderson wasted. That said Mrazek is the hottest goalie in the NHL, and Detroit is actually a pretty good team.

Hoffman is just as effective along the boards. With his size he's not going to have the same vision from the back end as a 6'4" guy.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16321
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:59 am

wprager wrote:
    Anderson had a good game, no doubt about it, but first shot in is a pattern repeated too many times.  And, frankly, that goal by Zetterberg was another "perfect shot".  Phaneuf shouldn't have let him even get that shot off, for sure, but Zetterberg wasn't getting around him so all Anderson had to do was stand against the post instead of going into the butterfly and opening up the top of the net.  The first one was tipped by the D-man, wasn't it?  Unfortunate but a butterfly goalie always goes down on the shot so not much he can do but whack his D-man in the nuts for not either blocking it or getting the Diddle out of the way.  Too many of those, lately.

I figured you would end up criticizing Anderson, even though he's the reason the game wasnt 5-0 after the first period. Nobody stops that first flukey goal. It was deflected. The second one, yeah, maybe he should be had it, but I think the 10 other great saves he made kind of make up for it. Really, I can't see how you watch this game and then say anything negative about the goaltending but here you are.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:01 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Anderson had a good game, no doubt about it, but first shot in is a pattern repeated too many times.  And, frankly, that goal by Zetterberg was another "perfect shot".  Phaneuf shouldn't have let him even get that shot off, for sure, but Zetterberg wasn't getting around him so all Anderson had to do was stand against the post instead of going into the butterfly and opening up the top of the net.  The first one was tipped by the D-man, wasn't it?  Unfortunate but a butterfly goalie always goes down on the shot so not much he can do but whack his D-man in the nuts for not either blocking it or getting the Diddle out of the way.  Too many of those, lately.

I figured you would end up criticizing Anderson, even though he's the reason the game wasnt 5-0 after the first period. Nobody stops that first flukey goal. It was deflected. The second one, yeah, maybe he should be had it, but I think the 10 other great saves he made kind of make up for it. Really, I can't see how you watch this game and then say anything negative about the goaltending but here you are.

No team with 7 power plays should lose a hockey game. I'm not sure how Anderson is to blame for that.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16321
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:32 am

Don't forget that Walter also criticized the officiating, while we had 7 powerplays. I actually saw Ottawa get away with a couple things that should've been called too.

Anyway, yeah, things just weren't quite clicking for us. It's going to be REALLY tough to make the playoffs. Let's see what else Murray has up his sleeve.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:31 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:

"Nobody"? If he *did* stop that, then who knows what happens. Sens continue to dominate in shots and attempts and score the first goal (like they almost did 12 seconds in). Very different game.

You can say all you want that it would have been 5-0 if not for Anderson and that's very likely true, but it also could have been 1-0 Sens if the first shot doesn't go in and then, who knows, they roll to a 4-1 win?

I don't care if you have to break the laws of physics, you must stop the firs shot. Sure, it will occasionally happen even to the best, but it seems to happen to Sens goalies at an alarming rate.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:34 am

tim1_2 wrote:Don't forget that Walter also criticized the officiating, while we had 7 powerplays.  I actually saw Ottawa get away with a couple things that should've been called too.  

Anyway, yeah, things just weren't quite clicking for us.  It's going to be REALLY tough to make the playoffs.  Let's see what else Murray has up his sleeve.

Just because they had 7 PPs doesn't mean the Redwings didn't get away with crap, doesn't mean the refs did a good job. The slash on Prince? Interference on Karlsson when he was deep and tried to get back to the point? All the holding/hooking when the Sens were on the PP? The slash from Richards on Phaneuf after he hit him? There was a lot more that should have been called.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20857
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:59 am

Wideman out. Good call. He has not been good at all. I don't think he has much NHL future.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:11 pm

Ev wrote:Wideman out. Good call. He has not been good at all. I don't think he has much NHL future.

He may in Tampa.

more to come

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:53 pm