Deadline moves.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24764
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: Deadline moves.

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:30 am

Flo The Action wrote:See IMO it's one thing to step into a 2nd line center role and it's another to maintain it over an 82 role schedule.plus you say pageau is our second line center now but look at the TOI and he's clearly not. Zibs line is still our second line. Also let's remember that there is another line being centred by Zib in the whole team equation. If you take that guy out of the equation it's one less threat the opposition has to worry about. It's not just one guy. Zib might not be playing up to potential but the team doesn't look the same if we just substracting him.

I'm highly sceptical of pageau as a 2nd line C.

That's why I said they should look at adding a C in a separate deal although it's not a huge rush with Pageau doing the job for now. Also, White, who hasn't played a single pro game, appears to be a sure thing to take that spot next season, according to some of our experts here.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20853
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:04 am

Oglethorpe wrote:
    Ev wrote:White isn't playing ahl. Doesn't need it.
    I don't know how you find the time to post in between Scouting NCAA games.

Going from a college schedule to a pro schedule is brutal. I would prefer he spends some time in the A but Sens management will likely rush him like usual.

I have seen his games actually

Players as good as him don't need it. He's producing at the same rate as guys like toews, Schwartz, Oshie, Larkin, etc, in their post draft year. Most of his comparables did not need much AHL time at all. NCAA prepares you for NHL hockey way more than junior.

Playing him in the NHL is not rushing him. Make no mistake.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:05 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:See IMO it's one thing to step into a 2nd line center role and it's another to maintain it over an 82 role schedule.plus you say pageau is our second line center now but look at the TOI and he's clearly not. Zibs line is still our second line. Also let's remember that there is another line being centred by Zib in the whole team equation. If you take that guy out of the equation it's one less threat the opposition has to worry about. It's not just one guy. Zib might not be playing up to potential but the team doesn't look the same if we just substracting him.

That's why I said they should look at adding a C in a separate deal although it's not a huge rush with Pageau doing the job for now. Also, White, who hasn't played a single pro game, appears to be a sure thing to take that spot next season, according to some of our experts here.

When you know you have a great prospect and know the player well then yeah I can call him a sure thing
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47936
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:20 am

Pierrre said he'd be *shocked* if White is not in the NHL next season. Say what you want about him, but he knows very team's prospects very well and, while he *is* a name-dropper, the reason he can drop those names is because he *is* connected up the ying-yang. In other words the "grain of salt" can be a very small one.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:23 am

Ev wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

When you know you have a great prospect and know the player well then yeah I can call him a sure thing

This is all very exciting.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16317
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:11 am

The Leafs are having a great time right now...Shanahan is in his GLORY!

Leafs acquire Raffi Torres, 2017 & 2018 2nd-rd picks from Sharks for Roman Polak, Nick Spaling
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54404
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:22 am

Again, Doug Wilson is a fool
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:40 am

Your move, murry.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:53 am

make it happn
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:55 am

Kovalchuk sent packing by management. He's the Captain on the team and they just lost game 1 of the first round of the playoffs 3-2 in OT. Kovalchuk played over 24 minutes and was a -2.

Hmm, so if someone tried to sign him he'd have to pass waivers, right? Who's at the bottom of the waiver wire list? Gotta be Leafs or Oilers, right? Would it make sense for one of them to sign him and then flip for a pick?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54404
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:54 am

Why would the Devils vote yes? I'd tell him to get Cussed
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:09 pm

Actually he's not eligible until April 2018:

http://nypost.com/2013/07/13/mull-and-void-ilya-can-return-in-18/

Ilya Kovalchuk will be removed from the voluntary retired list upon reaching his 35th birthday on April 15, 2018, and thereby would become an unrestricted free agent if the winger were to pursue a return to the NHL for the 2018-19 season.

This is according to Bylaw 8.5 (c) and confirmed by deputy commissioner Bill Daly in a series of emails with The Post yesterday in which the NHL clarified Kovalchuks status after the Devils voided the remaining 12 years of his contract on Wednesday so he could continue his hockey career in the KHL.

dennycrane
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2121
    Registration date : 2008-08-17

Post by dennycrane on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:37 pm

Erik Condra available per Garrioch. No shock that a healthy scratch on a 3-year deal is on the block.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Ev wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Also, if you're wondering how significant it is for Ev to call something a sure thing, just ask Briere. Nod
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:01 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:The hype around White is very Lazar-ish. Very troubling.

Here's hoping that at this time next year (or whenever he becomes a regular) we're talking about White's actual production, rather than 'intangibles' and 'leadership qualities.'

Y'know?
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:12 pm

Dreger and Button just said on "Leafs Lunch" that they don't think Drouin will be moved by the deadline.

Sounds like Ladd will be moved by next Monday, and that could be the first domino to fall in a long line of trades.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Oh i Thought Condra was a stud?
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player