Deadline moves.

    Share

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by tim1_2 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:12 pm

    Dreger and Button just said on "Leafs Lunch" that they don't think Drouin will be moved by the deadline.

    Sounds like Ladd will be moved by next Monday, and that could be the first domino to fall in a long line of trades.

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20773
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by Ev on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:50 pm

    Oh i Thought Condra was a stud?

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24754
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:13 pm

    I can't believe I didn't create a trade deadline BONANZA thread. Facepalm

    That should have been automatic with the Phaneuf trade... Facepalm
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12923
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:41 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:Dreger and Button just said on "Leafs Lunch" that they don't think Drouin will be moved by the deadline.

    Sounds like Ladd will be moved by next Monday, and that could be the first domino to fall in a long line of trades.
    mmmmmhhh resembles what i've been saying all along. that's a draft day deal to me.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12923
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:43 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:I can't believe I didn't create a trade deadline BONANZA thread. Facepalm

    That should have been automatic with the Phaneuf trade... Facepalm

    sorry buddy. it was getting a little slow in here and with less than 10 days till the deadline i had to get on it.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24754
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:57 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:I can't believe I didn't create a trade deadline BONANZA thread. Facepalm

    That should have been automatic with the Phaneuf trade... Facepalm

    sorry buddy. it was getting a little slow in here and with less than 10 days till the deadline i had to get on it.

    No need to be sorry. It's my bad. Hopefully it results in multiple trades for our beloved Senatores.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24754
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:33 pm

    Darren Dreger seems to think Ottawa won't do much. So get ready for lots of trades for the Sens.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54243
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:36 pm

    There's some speculation Chicago offered a 1st + prospect Nick Schmaltz for Ladd and Winnipeg is waiting to see if any offer trumps that.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54243
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:37 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:Darren Dreger seems to think Ottawa won't do much. So get ready for lots of trades for the Sens.

    I don't see many trades coming. A lot of what they want to do - ie. get a top 6 player, preferable C will/could happen in the summer.

    A guess:

    Smith for a 2nd
    Wiercioch for a 4th
    Chiasson for a 4th

    and that's that.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24754
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:44 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:There's some speculation Chicago offered a 1st + prospect Nick Schmaltz for Ladd and Winnipeg is waiting to see if any offer trumps that.

    Chicago seems to find a way to land that big rental year after year. Last season being Vermette, of course.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24754
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:24 pm

    Calgary and Vancouver swing a deal. Granlund for Shinkaruk.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10037
    Age : 37
    Location : La Loche, Saskatchewan
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by spader on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:26 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:Darren Dreger seems to think Ottawa won't do much. So get ready for lots of trades for the Sens.

    I don't see many trades coming. A lot of what they want to do - ie. get a top 6 player, preferable C will/could happen in the summer.

    A guess:

    Smith for a 2nd
    Wiercioch for a 4th
    Chiasson for a 4th

    and that's that.

    Frankly, I hope they keep Smith. The way he's been playing with JGP gives me a lot of hope. Those two could be a great duo on the 3rd line of a good team.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54243
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:42 pm

    spader wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:Darren Dreger seems to think Ottawa won't do much. So get ready for lots of trades for the Sens.

    I don't see many trades coming. A lot of what they want to do - ie. get a top 6 player, preferable C will/could happen in the summer.

    A guess:

    Smith for a 2nd
    Wiercioch for a 4th
    Chiasson for a 4th

    and that's that.

    Frankly, I hope they keep Smith. The way he's been playing with JGP gives me a lot of hope. Those two could be a great duo on the 3rd line of a good team.

    You kind of have a more talented version of Smith in Dzingel going forward. I think they can plug him into that spot and flourish going forward, then sell high on Smith and use that pick to either make a trade, move up, or select another young buck.

    But, Smith has been excellent this year.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12923
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:10 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    spader wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:Darren Dreger seems to think Ottawa won't do much. So get ready for lots of trades for the Sens.

    I don't see many trades coming. A lot of what they want to do - ie. get a top 6 player, preferable C will/could happen in the summer.

    A guess:

    Smith for a 2nd
    Wiercioch for a 4th
    Chiasson for a 4th

    and that's that.

    Frankly, I hope they keep Smith. The way he's been playing with JGP gives me a lot of hope. Those two could be a great duo on the 3rd line of a good team.

    You kind of have a more talented version of Smith in Dzingel going forward. I think they can plug him into that spot and flourish going forward, then sell high on Smith and use that pick to either make a trade, move up, or select another young buck.

    But, Smith has been excellent this year.

    Yes smith has been good this year. Almost to the point of being an anomaly. Personally I think this is the best time to capitalize on his value and if we don't this will go as another missed opportunity. We have guys that could benefit from having a shot at his postion. I'd like to see some internal competition for the rest of the year. See what we have. Raise the value of some of those prospects leading to the draft. See if we can include some of them in a drouin trade. Or another trade.
    Stop looking backwards for answers and look forwards.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54243
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:15 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    spader wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:Darren Dreger seems to think Ottawa won't do much. So get ready for lots of trades for the Sens.

    I don't see many trades coming. A lot of what they want to do - ie. get a top 6 player, preferable C will/could happen in the summer.

    A guess:

    Smith for a 2nd
    Wiercioch for a 4th
    Chiasson for a 4th

    and that's that.

    Frankly, I hope they keep Smith. The way he's been playing with JGP gives me a lot of hope. Those two could be a great duo on the 3rd line of a good team.

    You kind of have a more talented version of Smith in Dzingel going forward. I think they can plug him into that spot and flourish going forward, then sell high on Smith and use that pick to either make a trade, move up, or select another young buck.

    But, Smith has been excellent this year.

    Yes smith has been good this year. Almost to the point of being an anomaly. Personally I think this is the best time to capitalize on his value and if we don't this will go as another missed opportunity. We have guys that could benefit from having a shot at his postion. I'd like to see some internal competition for the rest of the year. See what we have. Raise the value of some of those prospects leading to the draft. See if we can include some of them in a drouin trade. Or another trade.
    Stop looking backwards for answers and look forwards.

    Definitely the way I'd look at it.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24754
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:03 am

    Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    spader wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:Darren Dreger seems to think Ottawa won't do much. So get ready for lots of trades for the Sens.

    I don't see many trades coming. A lot of what they want to do - ie. get a top 6 player, preferable C will/could happen in the summer.

    A guess:

    Smith for a 2nd
    Wiercioch for a 4th
    Chiasson for a 4th

    and that's that.

    Frankly, I hope they keep Smith. The way he's been playing with JGP gives me a lot of hope. Those two could be a great duo on the 3rd line of a good team.

    You kind of have a more talented version of Smith in Dzingel going forward. I think they can plug him into that spot and flourish going forward, then sell high on Smith and use that pick to either make a trade, move up, or select another young buck.

    But, Smith has been excellent this year.

    Yes smith has been good this year. Almost to the point of being an anomaly. Personally I think this is the best time to capitalize on his value and if we don't this will go as another missed opportunity. We have guys that could benefit from having a shot at his postion. I'd like to see some internal competition for the rest of the year. See what we have. Raise the value of some of those prospects leading to the draft. See if we can include some of them in a drouin trade. Or another trade.
    Stop looking backwards for answers and look forwards.

    The real anomaly was last year when he clearly wasn't right, Smith has had 13 and 14 goal seasons before. And a good way to look forward and move forward is to keep useful players around instead of attempting trial and error with unproven prospects.

    Besides, with Chiasson likely gone you will have one more spot to fill with one of our can't-miss prospects.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16254
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by tim1_2 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:13 am

    Yeah, I'd agree with SSF. Unless a really good offer came in for Smith (more than a 2nd), I wouldn't deal him. He's only 27, and seems to be a great fit on the wing. He can take faceoffs when necessary, he can go on the PK or PP...a pretty versatile player. I'd rather have him in our lineup right now over ZBad, which is kind of crazy to say.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47671
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by wprager on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:29 am

    If Smith has finally found his place (don't forget, he's tried the wing before and it was a disaster) then, yes, he would definitely be better than Prince or Puempel. If all things were equal. But they aren't. He's set to make $2.35M next season and will ask for $3M+ if he gets anywhere near 20 (he's on pace for 19). Everyone seems to think that Smith is the type of player who would show his worth in the playoffs. Well, in 23 post-season games he has 1 goal and 2 assists. He's been around long enough that it's hard to expect him to suddenly change. Do we need a $3M+ fourth line center or 3rd line winger who no-longer throws his body around with reckless abandon like he used to and who, frankly, disappears in the playoffs?

    I still say sell high.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: Deadline moves.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:15 pm